Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Therapist for teen dd in Jerusalem

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:06 pm
DD is in seminary-loves what she is learning, but at times she is sharing with me she is feeling sad, and down and misses home. Now that the chagim are over and things are getting into a routine, it still sounds like she is in a rut. I spoke to the school and had I not called and asked they would have no idea because over all she seems great- except for 2 instances on hikes where she freaked out a bit- one because of the height and the other she had hurt her knee. In both cases it was a quick meltdown less than 5 min. and she pulled herself together and all was good. She is very good at putting on that happy exterior for others.
Years ago she had seen a therapist because of bullying issues- now she is saying that she sometimes feel like she has flashbacks to those bad times. No one is bullying her now- although there are some girls who say dumb things, but that's life everywhere...
We never found a great therapist that she connected to back then, but through a lot of hard work we put her pieces back together. She does not trust too many adults with her feelings because of incidences in the past where they did not believe what she was saying to them.
She does get super nervous before a test or new circumstances.
So here we are thousands of miles away and I did suggest maybe she speak to someone, but she is not excited about the idea. I am not worried that she will do harm to herself, but I do think this is the perfect time to get help for lingering issues as she has no real tests, no real work/job etc.
So, once I convince her to see someone I want to have a list that I have already researched- any suggestions??? Someone who has a website is best so I can read their bio. I think someone who specializes in CBT would be great.

oneofakind

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:10 pm
Maybe Seminary has somebody who they recommend?

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:11 pm
I have personal experience with Shari gramma. She is phenomenal and works a lot with seminary girls.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:17 pm
amother wrote:
I have personal experience with Shari gramma. She is phenomenal and works a lot with seminary girls.

Can you share her contact info.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:18 pm
oneofakind wrote:
Maybe Seminary has somebody who they recommend?

I am hesitant to ask further from the seminary as I worry that dd will be looked at differently now.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:27 pm
amother wrote:
Can you share her contact info.

The problem is I don't feel comfortable putting her cell number on a public forum.. (I don't have any other contact info for her)

Mamushka

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 1:03 am
Look up Get Help and Kav lanoar

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 2:09 am
Mamushka wrote:
Look up Get Help and Kav lanoar

Get Help is an awesome resource!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:42 am
Chanita Cassel, look up online

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:45 am
I saw Penina Frohlich while in seminary. She is great. I don't have her contact info, unfortunately. I do have her address, but I doubt that would help...

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 5:51 am
amother wrote:
The problem is I don't feel comfortable putting her cell number on a public forum.. (I don't have any other contact info for her)

I understand- if you would not mind asking her what may be a good way to find her if I searched- maybe through a paper or article she has written.
Sorry not comfortable to be un-anonymous - so pming would not work.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 5:19 pm
Chaya Satt is excellent!

https://therapyjerusalem.com/#

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 6:05 pm
I had an excellent experience working with Chana Store Sachs. She also has lots of experience with teenage girls. She's on the professional advisory board for tvunot so I assume you can call them and get her contact info.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 11:13 pm
Chani Litwin is excellent

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 4:01 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Chanita Cassel, look up online

Did your daughter go to her ? Were you happy ? My daughter just started seeing her

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:45 pm
My DD did not end up seeing anyone in Israel. She refused. Her pediatrician/internist was fantastic in emailing dd and letting her use writing to her as a sounding board in order to feel some stability.
A lot of the anxiety she was feeling was a lot of drama between girls that DD was not close with, but had a trickle effect to everyone in the dirah.

I am so glad for you that you found someone that is helpful and that your dd has agreed to work with.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 2:49 am
Quote:
Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:05 am
I had an excellent experience working with Chana Store Sachs. She also has lots of experience with teenage girls. She's on the professional advisory board for tvunot so I assume you can call them and get her contact info.

Do you have her contact info, please?

Quote:
I saw Penina Frohlich while in seminary. She is great. I don't have her contact info, unfortunately. I do have her address, but I doubt that would help...

And her contact info.

Quote:

And hers.

Thank you!! Really appreciate it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics