Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Cloth diapers

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 1:07 pm
Any cloth diapers users here?

I am looking into what's the best option. And also have a ton of questions!

Is there a diaper service in my that just washed them for you without having to use their diapers? I'm not looking for more laundry postpartum. I want to wait a bit.

Do diaper covers need washing also?

Is it so much better to go with fitted over prefolds?

Link to a good one size diaper cover? How many do I need?

What do you recommend as the best way to use cloth diapers?

I'm feeling really lost. If anyone can help me out and just share their system and links I'd really appreciate it!

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 1:37 pm
following!! ftm here!
would LOVE to cloth diaper, my husband is adamantly against it Sad

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 1:46 pm
Same dh was not happy when I first brought it up. He just thinks it's extra work and we pretty much share all the household responsibilities equally. We decided we'd use a diaper service for the first three months and then we'd either go disposable c"v or I'll just take full responsibility for washing them and make sure he doesn't feel anything extra because of my choice.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 1:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Same dh was not happy when I first brought it up. He just thinks it's extra work and we pretty much share all the household responsibilities equally. We decided we'd use a diaper service for the first three months and then we'd either go disposable c"v or I'll just take full responsibility for washing them and make sure he doesn't feel anything extra because of my choice.

how did you convince him?
does the diaper service add up and it becomes cheaper to use disposables?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 1:55 pm
Diaper service is definitely not cheap. It's $33-$45/week plus some one off supplies like diaper genie... For $250

I think it's economical if I wouldn't use a diaper service.

I have my reasons and dh understands. He just doesn't want if I'll make a decision that can cause other's more work. (Ex. If a family member decided to keep an extra Kashrus chumrah and now anyone else making food has to do extra steps in kitchen to accommodate. )

So I just really needed to make sure I am taking responsibility and not causing dh more work.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 9:26 am
Bump?

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 9:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

What is the Chas V'shalom about using disposable diapers?? Isn't this an over reaction? I do agree with your husband that the burden shouldn't be on him if he doesn't agree with it.

imasinger

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 9:43 am
If you look in the Natural Parenting section of the board, you'll find threads about cloth diapering.

I did it with my oldest and my youngest, and felt great about it. With my oldest (now expecting her fifth, and completely uninterested in cloth diapering), we used a diaper service. With my youngest, I was home, and I spent a lot of time researching and trying different things. Since kids come in all different proportions, skin sensitivity, and elimination patterns, there's no one best way for everyone. I personally settled on snap pocket diapers with one kind of insert for daytime, and an extra absorbent insert layer for nighttime.

I had a washable diaper bag, with a pocket on top that I could put a piece of cloth with tea tree oil as a deodorizer into. I'd fill the bag every 3-4 days, removing the inserts right after a diaper change, and throwing them and the diaper into the bag. At washing time, I'd just turn the bag inside out into the machine, and throw the bag in, too.

The slight extra work came in after the laundry was done, in putting the inserts back in the diapers so they'd be ready for the next grab n go diaper change; and in needing to be sure to have supplies that I was comfortable with when running errands (Ziploc for wet/dirty cloth, or change to a disposable before leaving).

If you're interested, give it a try!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 9:53 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
What is the Chas V'shalom about using disposable diapers?? Isn't this an over reaction? I do agree with your husband that the burden shouldn't be on him if he doesn't agree with it.

Relax, it's an exaggeration, I guess my style of speech creeped in there.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 10:02 am
I never used them and dont plan on it but my parents used them for us growing up. Kol hakavod!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics