Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Why don't I find fiber filling?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 4:30 pm
A bunch of diets encourage eating fiber to feel full...but it doesn't work on me.

Usually I eat salad with protein (tuna or sliced turkey) for lunch. I'm hungry 2 hours later.
I started adding a serving of chickpeas or lentils...but I'm still hungry 2 hours later.

Why?

I am searching for ways to increase fullness.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 4:33 pm
Why not add whole grains as well, which also has fiber.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 4:35 pm
Fiber means whole wheat or spelt. That is healthy and filling. Add Shibolim or Landaus crackers to your meal or brown rice.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 4:48 pm
Because after 2 hours, the fiber's moved down the digestive tract and your body realizes it didn't get the calories it wanted. No way around that.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 2:42 am
Add fat.

Amarante

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 10:02 am
As Andrea Levy posted, you need a small amount of fat to maximize satiation - e,g, the feeling of being full.

What exactly is going in your salad because not all "salads' are created equally as some are more substantial than others.

Soup is also an excellent way to increased satiation and can helpful to weight loss - eg a vegetable soup made with low fat broth.

Also it is fairly normal to feel hunger about 3 hours after finishing a *normal* meal. That is why many weight loss plans have a snack in the mid morning - mid afternoon and possibly after dinner. The snack can be low calorie - just a relatively small amount - fruit and complex carbs; small amount of protein (cheese, chicken, jerky), soup etc. is enough.

shanie5

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 1:38 pm
The healthy fat slows down the digestion helping you to feel full for longer. Just need 1-2 tablespoons.

GetReal

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 2:22 pm
It’s a good idea to have a snack after two-three hours. And add in whole grains to your lunch.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 2:27 pm
Add 2T of good quality fats to your meal. Keep the carbs down. This will keep your mind off food.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 2:32 pm
Add nuts or Avo to your salad.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 2:53 pm
I always add chopped nuts to my salads. They're better than croutons, and better for you.

I make my own salad dressing.

Mayo
Olive oil or avocado oil
A dash of balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
Garlic powder
A pinch of salt and pepper
Whatever herbs I'm in the mood for (Italian blend works well.)

Mix with an immersion blender, and adjust for taste and texture.

Another easy one is

Mayo
Spicy mustard
Honey or silan
Hazelnut oil

If too sweet, add a dash of lemon juice.

The mayo gives the creamy mouth feel, and acts as an emulsifier to keep the oil and vinegar from separating. Keep in mind that if you use olive oil, it will get hard in the refrigerator. Try using nut or avocado oils instead if you want a thinner dressing.

These dressings are very good on baked sweet potatoes, too. I also like to coat chicken with the dressing before baking. Everything comes out so yummy and tender, with no juice lost.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 2:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A bunch of diets encourage eating fiber to feel full...but it doesn't work on me.

Usually I eat salad with protein (tuna or sliced turkey) for lunch. I'm hungry 2 hours later.
I started adding a serving of chickpeas or lentils...but I'm still hungry 2 hours later.

Why?

The only thing that will keep you constantly full and never craving or hungry is if you eat only proteins, healthy fats and vegetables, no other type of carbs! It’s the only diet every worked for me and I lost over 60 lbs.

Jenmom

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 6:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Why?

I don't find it filling either.

I accept when I am on a diet I am just going to be hungry much of the time. Some people have differing insulin issues that make them feel hungrier than others. I could literally eat all day and be hungry again half an hour later. So I can't depend on a "full" cue.
I tell myself being hungry is the feeling of losing weight, and it helps. You can also try drinking herbal tea or water and see if it helps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise