Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Want to sleep train 10 month old but pacifiers fall out crib
Previous  1  2

clowny

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 11:17 am
I use a pacifier clip. Most clips are short enough not to become a choking hazard. 10 months is not too late to sleep train a baby.
I think taking away a pacifier from a 10 month old baby is extremely mean, especially for sleeping. At about 18 months I start weaning them from pacifiers for during the day and start teaching my kids that pacifiers are only for sleeping. All of my 6 kids gave up their pacifier on their own for sleeping at around age 3-4 And as long as it’s only in bed I don’t care if they are attached to it even at a little older age.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 11:19 am
My babysitter attached pacifier to tag of blanket with a shoe lace type string

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 2:51 pm
I'd take away the paci.

amother
White

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 3:00 pm
Please do not use mesh bumpers, they’re not safe

https://www.premierhealth.com/.....afe-/

You can use a pack n play if you don’t want her to be able to throw her pacis out.

amother
White

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 3:02 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
My babysitter attached pacifier to tag of blanket with a shoe lace type string

A shoe lace in a crib with a baby.. probably the most dangerous advice I’ve seen on this site so far.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 3:28 pm
This whole thread makes me sick.[Dangerous advice removed.] A human being is not old enough to hold his own pacifier is expected to stay alone in the dark and [quietly] snd go to bed. He is too little he needs his parents. Why do you have a baby if you want to attach him to a plastic nipple and close the door on him in the dark?

keym

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 3:29 pm
If you're going to use a pacifier clip, make sure to buy the solid ribbon string as opposed to the beaded style clip that's become so popular.
The beaded ones are a real choking hazard.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 3:29 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
This whole thread makes me sick. [Dangerous advice removed.] A human being is not old enough to hold his own pacifier is expected to stay alone in the dark and [quietly] snd go to bed. He is too little he needs his parents. Why do you have a baby if you want to attach him to a plastic nipple and close the door on him in the dark?

I don't understand this rant, can you please explain?

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 3:37 pm
keym wrote:
If you're going to use a pacifier clip, make sure to buy the solid ribbon string as opposed to the beaded style clip that's become so popular.

There are special beaded teething ones that are larger and not a choking hazard, I think. I don't think a clip or shoe lace is safe at all.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 11:04 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I don't understand this rant, can you please explain?

Op wants to sleep train her not even a year old baby. The only thing she cares about is that the baby throws away 3 pacifiers out of the crib while she is screaming in the dark for hours. So she leaves her baby to scream and expects the baby to have the pacifier in her mouth while he is screaming from terror and abandonment in the dark. So I suggested to her to [Dangerous advice removed.]. It will make the whole situation perfect.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 11:42 pm
keym wrote:

Neh. They’re not fancy enough for today’s babies.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 11:54 pm
Op this is very sad to read. Don’t do CIO. Sorry, but CIO is really mean. There are much better ways to sleep train then to let you baby scream alone in the dark. CIO is cruel. (you can all throw tomatoes.) I wean my babies off their pacifiers early on but I would never sleep train and take away a pacifier at the same time.
When you let your baby scream and scream , how do you know your baby isn’t thirsty? Teething? Sitting in a wet or dirty diaper? In pain? Scared ?
Please dont let your baby CIO. You may not see the scars from this today but you are causing trauma to a baby.
I know it’s hard but there are better loving ways to get some sleep that are attuned to your child’s needs and don’t let your baby cry away.
Good luck!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics