Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
What to send for dinner to a person who had a baby
Previous  1  2

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 7:06 pm
I received many wonderful meals which usually contained soup... to be honest I never ate the soup for supper dont have time to eat it. Usually main is filling enough and I'd rather rest than heating and serving and cleaning up after multiplr courses. I usually froze the soup and eat for lunch or something.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 7:07 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I received many wonderful meals which usually contained soup... to be honest I never ate the soup for supper dont have time to eat it. Usually main is filling enough and I'd rather rest than heating and serving and cleaning up after multiplr courses. I usually froze the soup and eat for lunch or something.

Our Kehilla demands a soup be sent

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 7:09 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Our Kehilla demands a soup be sent

Thats ridiculous ! No one needs 5 courses and they shouldn’t be demanding from people who are trying to do a chessed.
A basic meal should include protein, carbs, and a veggie. I.e. chicken/ rice/ salad . Not everything has to break the bank/ take hours to prepare. That kind of pressure is what makes these meal programs fall apart.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 7:11 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Thats ridiculous ! No one needs 5 courses and they shouldn’t be demanding from people who are trying to do a chessed.
A basic meal should include protein, carbs, and a veggie. I.e. chicken/ rice/ salad . Not everything has to break the bank/ take hours to prepare. That kind of pressure is what makes these meal programs fall apart.

The fruit soup I send from my own will, because my sister told me as a new mom it was very refreshing for her so I figured, may as well, doesn’t take long

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 7:13 pm
I like to make something that is freezeable for later
Early on ppl send and sometimes send too much
But 1 month in when mom’s exhausted it’s nice to have something in the freezer

I make 2 big batches of red lentil soup
2 big batches of butternut squash soup
Both are super easy
Also 2 9x13 spinach with cheese
And 2 9x13 lasagnas

I let mom know it’s ok to freeze or use

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 7:53 pm
Thank you so much for all of the good ideas!

keym

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 8:22 pm
I like sending soup in a container. I tell the mom that if they don't want the soup at supper, she should eat it for lunch the next day.

OP, I've sent
Baked ziti, soup, pan of cut-up veggies, cookies
Meatballs, pasta, soup, cut-up veggies
One pan chicken and rice, soup, cut-up veggies
Schnitzel, mashed potatoes, soup, cut-up veggies.

My kids don't love salad dressing and are each particular what veggies they like. So a pan with cut up peppers, cucumbers, carrot sticks, and grape tomatoes- everyone can choose what they like.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 8:27 pm
I usually send soup, oven baked sesame chicken nuggets, baked rice, corn on the cob, breaded broccoli, and baked apples or bought pareve ice cream sandwiches for dessert.
I know it's a lot, but that way they can have leftovers for the following day.

sky

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 9:04 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:

I would be so happy if new mothers would freeze soup.
If I have enough I try to send 2 containers of soup so they can have lunch next day or freeze. I know it’s not necessary.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 9:08 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Our Kehilla organizes suppers to be sent to new moms. As I volunteer, I send soup, chicken cutlets, mashed potatoes, grilled veggies, fruit soup as a compote, and a cake. Hope it’s appreciated.

Of course it's appreciated! This is a delicious and substantial meal.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 2:00 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Of course it's appreciated! This is a delicious and substantial meal.

Thank you!!! Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics