Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Kfar Yona vs Tel Mond

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 3:39 am
I know these are two different places but I’m interested in those two mainly because it seems to have warm, family friendly community and nature. Anyone can help me decide which one is most suitable for my family?

I’m first looking to rent a 3-4 bedroom for 4500, I looked it up and it seems Kfar yona had a little more options.

We might not have a car, so we’ll need easy public transportation to the center.

Good mamad elementary schools. My kids are in elementary but one will be in junior in 2 years so also good mamad junior/high schools.

Lots of parks and shopping areas

sephardic shuls and Mikveh

Mixed community with religious / secular, Israelis and anglos (but not necessarily a big bubble of anglos).

So in short, I’d have to find a neighborhood that is walking distance to school, shul and supermarket and people are warm and friendly. Is this possible?

Thanks

heidi

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:07 am
We have some friends in tel mond and spent shabbat there.
It's a city. Mixed religious and chiloni. The Orthodox community is modern Orthodox. Most women cover their hair partly if at all. We met absolutely lovely, friendly, down to earth people.
The people we spoke to send their kids to school in Ranana.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:17 am
heidi wrote:
We have some friends in tel mond and spent shabbat there.
It's a city. Mixed religious and chiloni. The Orthodox community is modern Orthodox. Most women cover their hair partly if at all. We met absolutely lovely, friendly, down to earth people.
The people we spoke to send their kids to school in Ranana.

Interesting, I know there’s a mamad in tel mond and it seems good. If I send to a different city, any idea if the school has free transportation?

heidi

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:21 am
No free school transportation in Israel except for special education.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Interesting, I know there’s a mamad in tel mond and it seems good. If I send to a different city, any idea if the school has free transportation?

I'm sure there is a mamad in Tel Mond. Heidi, maybe you are talking about high school aged kids? Sometimes high schoolers want a special program.

In general, always best to send kids to local schools, so their friends are near.

heidi

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:32 am
Yes. Talking about middle/high school kids

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:37 am
heidi wrote:
No free school transportation in Israel except for special education.

Oh ok, out of curiosity any idea what’s the average price for hasaot to schools?

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh ok, out of curiosity any idea what’s the average price for hasaot to schools?

They are free usually if there is no other local mamad school. At least till grade 9 or something.
My kids all got bus fare paid for till then (school was out of walking distance by a few km).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions