Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Always something...now my washing machine

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:42 am
This week my 2 month old oven stopped working. Good luck to us calling the company & getting through regarding the warranty coverage. Was on hold for 45 min & finally hung up.

I live in Toronto Canada & I am very very sick of my life here. I was doing reasonably well with all the shut downs & lockdown.
But now there seems to be more restrictions that they are going to be putting on us & I am getting so depressed.

Oh yea! The reason for my OP.
my washing machine needs replacing ASAP.
Any idea of a reliable brand??
Ours now is a Samsung & what a peice of junk.

Nothing is open. Everything has to be done online.
I need some direction.
Thx

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:46 am
Can you get a copy of Consumer Reports? They review appliances and rate them in detail. You can also look at consumer reviews online. if there are many reviews and they are mostly positive you may have a winner. if there are only a handful, that doesn't tell you much.

Eselle13

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:55 am
Not sure if you have the same models as the stores in USA but I have a maytag and love it. I recommend it to my mother in law and she loves it too.

It's a top loading maytag commercial residential. I'm pretty sure it's model MVWP575GW

The local repair man recommended it. He said it wears the best from all the machines they sell now.

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 9:22 am
My front loading Maytags are working fine for me! They're two years old.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 9:25 am
Thx!
Will check it out

jflower

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 10:29 am
OP, call a local appliance repair company and ask for recommendations. They will let you know which brands need the most repairs.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 11:53 am
Hugs, OP. I can relate. I have a new fridge that needs service. I tried calling customer service sooooo many times. About 95% of the time, they have a recording that says they're too busy to answer the phone and I should try again later. What's up with that!? When I finally got through, I was on hold for over an hour. It's crazy. They finally scheduled a repairman to come in a MONTH! He was NOT able to fix it, so I had to go through the whole thing all over again. I'm on round #3 and am waiting for the tech to come in a few weeks. This has been going on since the summer.

Anyway, about the washing machine...I also have a Maytag top loading maytag commercial residential washing machine that I'm happy with bli ayin harah. It washes our clothes nicely and holds a fair amount of laundry. It's not the prettiest model, but I'd rather have a hassle-free machine that cleans. You can't open the lid in the middle of the wash, but I think that's pretty standard nowadays. I'm not home now so I can't check the model number, but it looks like the model Eselle13 posted.

Good luck!

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 2:52 pm
Tnt appliances. 416-781-9156

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 3:17 pm
Thank you.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 12:05 pm
Op, I feel you. I got a fancy new Maytag front loader, and its a piece of garbage. They are owned by Whirlpool = worst customer svce. Waited 4 weeks for parts, and now it needs another part. I have a newborn and 7 kids, and live upstairs. Need to shlep to laundromat. . Mad Waste of money..

Will never purchase from Whirlpool/Maytag again.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 1:00 pm
Oh no!
I ordered a Maytag top loader Cz I thought it was a good brand.

Still waiting as of course they are on back order

Went to laundromat yesterday.

I feel for you. Sad Sad

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 1:25 pm
Maybe top is good, but I didnt realize Maytag is Whirpool and Whirlppool has baaad reviews.

They say for top loaders Speed Queen is best. All others are junk

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 2:01 pm
OP, if you ordered the same mode I have, then I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

I have both a Maytag top loader and a Speed Queen top loader and am happy with both. The Speed Queen may be a drop better, but my appliance store said he didn't have the Speed Queen (and this was pre corona.) I don't remember if he said they no longer make them or if they're not as good as they used to be. I do think there is a very big difference between a top loader and a front loader.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics