Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Does anyone else react to eyeliner?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 10:58 am
Whenever I use a pencil eyeliner my eyes sting and tear for HOURS!
A while back I bought a felt tip eyeliner and that was better but it hardly works as my eyes are too wet :/. By now I had forgotten how reactive my eyes can be and I bought a new pencil, hoping it would work better than the felt tip but..... what a disaster, now my eyes are stinging all day!

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 11:05 am
Do you have allergies? I react to certain mascaras with itchy and teary eyes. It can be the same brand and some are fine but a different type of mascara feels terrible. I have other allergies so I assume this must be it because I can’t think of something else.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 11:13 am
yes me!!!

unfortunatelly. im fine with mascara though. all brands eyeliners irritate my eyes, no matter whether hypoallergic,m high end etc. didnt find a single product that works for my lower eye (upper eye is mostly fine).

because I continued wearing eyeliner (despite my pain, iritation,...) my cornea tore. and it happened several times. super painful. recovers after some days, but tose days are pure hell.

I now only use eyeliner on special occasions and ONLY on the upper eye.

grateful2bmom

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 11:17 am
I wore regular eye makeup for years with no problem. Several years ago during one of my pregnancies my eyes started reacting like crazy.
After much trial and error I switched to Clinique eye makeup - shadow, liner & mascara. Haven’t had a problem since BH.
I forgot once and got a different brand and my eyes swelled again. So I’m sticking with Clinique for now

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 12:21 pm
Yep. Allergies. I never wear eyeliner. I use a thin line of a dark shade if eyeshadow to get a related look, but never out anything near the inner part of my eyelid. I also start my mascara wand halfway down my lashes.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 12:24 pm
I can't handle anything at all on my eyes. No mascara or eyeliner. My eyes sting and tear like crazy.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 12:27 pm
I have no allergies that I know of, but mascara and eyeliner make me itch. Clinique is better and gets me through weddings or special events, but I can't do this on a regular basis.

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 1:30 pm
I haven't worn eyeliner in 4 years, since I got makeup (and discovered it did not work for me). I wear mascara and eye shadow and I think I look great!
When I did wear eyeliner I looked like a mess-my eyes teared the entire day I looked like I was constantly crying.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 1:42 pm
Try naturally made makeup

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 1:48 pm
I used to wear almay - a gorgeous purple. Then I started reacting like crazy during a pregnancy. I switched to clinique twist crayon type and don't put it on the inner lid. Also, avoid purple. A lot of people react to the dye.

I'm always nervous when getting makeup done professionally. Sometimes I react so badly that my eyes swell shut. I went to an eye doctor and have antihistamines drops to use on such occasions.

I also bring my own mascara

weirdo

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 3:21 pm
I reacted on mascara but not on eyeliner

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 3:29 pm
I require premedication with Benadryl to wear any eye makeup at all.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 3:32 pm
Eyeliner makes my eyes itch like crazy, but I have very sensitive eyes.
I’m ok with mascara.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 3:50 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I require premedication with Benadryl to wear any eye makeup at all.

Wow that’s terrible. I hope never to get to that point. Is it worth it? I would fall asleep if I would have to do that so I wouldn’t enjoy any event.
Sometimes I tint my lashes so I can go without mascara for a while

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 10:37 pm
for those qho suggest clinique and natural make up- it could work for some, but for me unfortunatelly it doesnt Sad

I think it is VERY individual and as far as I know my skin is not suepr sensitive and I ahve n allergies. its just the eyemake up.

thank you for the tipp with dark eyeshaddow will , I look into it.

op if you figure out a solution let us know.

dochesed

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 6:23 am
I had the same issue however, I now use Almay eyeliner. it's hypoallergenic. I never have a problem since I started using it - and I use it every day.

imasinger

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 6:35 am
I will tear for days after wearing eye makeup, no matter how natural. I used to not have a problem, now, I only do it if I'm going to a very special event and am willing to pay the price.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 6:44 am
When I was younger I had severe allergies to any eye makeup. I no longer have that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics