Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Covid vaccine study- moderna
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:13 pm
A few months later and after her husband who got sick first without a vaccine...and that's also why her kids got sick?!

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:20 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Here are the FDA documents forcing them to use a saline placebo
minute 3.30 shows you the meningitis placebo on the document
https://www.bitchute.com/video/gXZd1kxyQL1F/

No - a real source please. Not him.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:32 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
No - a real source please. Not him.

He is showing you the FDA documents. You don't like the messenger but he is showing you the documents you asked for.
I am not looking for you to be convinced. You asked for a source so I linked the FDA releases. Just stating the facts that sometimes people lie to you. Sometimes people care more about their money than about you. and sometimes politicians have a conflict of interest.
So just because somebody got a shot doesn't mean they have antibodies. Just because somebody has antibodies on paper doesn't mean they are immune (newsflash!)and just because they tell you that a saline placebo was used doesn't mean it is true.
If it was saline then nobody would have any site reactions and it wouldn't be a double blinded study. So obviously they needed to add some adjuvants to the saline to produce a possible reaction. So that statement about the placebo being only saline is already false.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:08 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-vaccine-why-its-important-to-know-whats-in-the-placebo-146365

Https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/arti.....ryone

Legally t by ey have to disclose to the volunteers. Most people want to know what they are getting injected with and can sue if they were lied about. OP may be under a non disclosure type of thing to talk about those details but trust me she knows what in it.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 12:14 pm
OP how are you feeling? I'm concerned.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 12:26 pm
Myself and my baby are still pretty out of it. Husband and daughter are mostly better.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Dec 01 2020, 1:05 pm
So how can Moderna CEO say that the vaccine protects 100% against severe cases? Is yours not considered severe since you weren't hospitalized? Or did you get sick only after they calculated their numbers? And do you have 100% confirmation that you got the vaccine and not a placebo? The antibodies is a good sign, but it could theoretically have come from asymptomatic exposure.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 8:44 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
So how can Moderna CEO say that the vaccine protects 100% against severe cases? Is yours not considered severe since you weren't hospitalized? Or did you get sick only after they calculated their numbers? And do you have 100% confirmation that you got the vaccine and not a placebo? The antibodies is a good sign, but it could theoretically have come from asymptomatic exposure.

They classify mine as “moderate “ in that I didn’t need to be hospitalized, although I have had oxygen levels in the 80’s and pneumonia and 2 weeks later still having 103 fever so I don’t want to know what a severe case feels like. I also tested positive the day after they released their results so it could be I was not in that report.They are supposed to unblind the study soon.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 10:06 pm
That’s terrible! Refuah SHELAIMA BKAROV!!!

invisiblecircus

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 3:27 pm
Refua sheleima notshanarishona! I hope you and your family feel better soon, it sounds awful Sad

Regarding the confusion over what was used for the control, OP stated that she participated in the Moderna trial which did use saline for the placebo. Other trials used the meningococcal vaccine.

My understanding of the 95% eficacy is that once 100 of the first group of participants had caught covid, the codes were broken and it was understood who had received the vaccine and who had received the placebo. The results were that 5 out of the 100 received the vaccine, the other received the placebo. Obviously much more data needs to be collected and we don't know how many of the participants were actually exposed to covid since receiving the shots.

My worry about all of the vaccines is that there will be a situation like there was with the ill-fated RSV vaccine which caused recipients to develop a more severe form of the illness when exposed. I'm not an immunologist though so I assume (hope!) that those involved in the Covid vaccine will have considered this !

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 9:03 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
So here is the fun update- I had antibodies in September . And now I have Covid. Full case. One of 5 people in the study. Trust me to be that exception to the rule.

I’m curious how much after you got the shot you were diagnosed with corona. Because I just saw an article that said the Moderna vaccine is effective for the first three months and I wondered if they came up with that time frame because of you LOL

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 9:24 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I’m curious how much after you got the shot you were diagnosed with corona. Because I just saw an article that said the Moderna vaccine is effective for the first three months and I wondered if they came up with that time frame because of you LOL

It was after 3 months 😂. Could be but that would be insane to need 4 shots a year.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 9:29 pm
https://healthandmoneynews.wor.....=true

Snopes rates it as false because he didn't say that it causes sterilization just that it can cause.
Thanks. No thanks.

mom4many

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:40 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
It was after 3 months 😂. Could be but that would be insane to need 4 shots a year.

I’ve been following this thread. Now that getting the vaccine is really relevant - do you recommend the vaccine for the public? Would you take it again soon? Any other insights based on your experience?

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 1:05 pm
How are you feeling now? I'm davening for you!

I just received the first Moderna shot as a healthcare worker, but I also have high risk conditions so I'm terrified of Covid - both for me and my patients.

I have some questions if you don't mind answering.
Has the study been unblinded - have you been told definitively that you got the vaccine?
You write that you had antibodies in September. Were you tested again for IgG antibodies when you got sick? Did you still have a level?

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 1:28 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
How are you feeling now? I'm davening for you!

I just received the first Moderna shot as a healthcare worker, but I also have high risk conditions so I'm terrified of Covid - both for me and my patients.

I have some questions if you don't mind answering.
Has the study been unblinded - have you been told definitively that you got the vaccine?
You write that you had antibodies in September. Were you tested again for IgG antibodies when you got sick? Did you still have a level?

https://I.imgur.com/EbSqxjK.png

I have been trying to reach them to schedule unblinding. I haven’t gotten through yet.
I was tested for antibodies right when I got sick and again recently. I still had some right when I got sick but lower than originally.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 1:38 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
https://I.imgur.com/EbSqxjK.png

I have been trying to reach them to schedule unblinding. I haven’t gotten through yet.
I was tested for antibodies right when I got sick and again recently. I still had some right when I got sick but lower than originally.

Its very interesting study set-up. I wonder if when they did it they figured that there wouldn't be vaccine shortages.

It would make sense to keep it blinded longer (other than for the population that is otherwise vaccine eligible), to extend the study.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 1:51 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:

What made you feel secure enough to sign up for passing on whatever genetic mutation that will occur to your offspring?

Good understanding of virology. MD, PHD or MPH?

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 2:11 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Good understanding of virology. MD, PHD or MPH?

She probably has a MWA/IGD - Master's of Whatsapp and Doctorate of Instagram. These days they're spreading even more rapidly than COVID itself.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 2:31 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
She probably has a MWA/IGD - Master's of Whatsapp and Doctorate of Instagram. These days they're spreading even more rapidly than COVID itself.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

She got her research from StatsOutOfMy@ss.com Wink
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics