Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Covid vaccine study- moderna
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 2:36 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Its very interesting study set-up. I wonder if when they did it they figured that there wouldn't be vaccine shortages.

It would make sense to keep it blinded longer (other than for the population that is otherwise vaccine eligible), to extend the study.

Part of how they got people to join the study was promising that the study participants would get the vaccine sooner than if not in it. This was told to us from day one.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 2:38 pm
mom4many wrote:
I’ve been following this thread. Now that getting the vaccine is really relevant - do you recommend the vaccine for the public? Would you take it again soon? Any other insights based on your experience?

If it’s really true that it prevents even 90% of cases, then 100% I think it’s worth getting. I have went through 2 months of craziness with Covid and am waiting for testing to see if their is permanent damage. It’s no walk in the park.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 2:49 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Part of how they got people to join the study was promising that the study participants would get the vaccine sooner than if not in it. This was told to us from day one.

that makes sense.... in that case - it must be disappointing to read that there still will be delays, despite the promise.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 2:51 pm
I was hoping this vaccine was similar to the measles vaccine in that there's a small percentage of vaccinated people who are susceptable but IT WOULD BE KNOWN IF TESTED BECAUSE THERE WOULD BE INSUFFICIENT ANTIBODIES. You write that you did have antibodies when you contracted Covid! Was the level considered significant (over 16, or whatever your lab says)?

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 2:52 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
that makes sense.... in that case - it must be disappointing to read that there still will be delays, despite the promise.

Yes, although I am not in as much of an immediate rush to get it since I am still not fully recovered. Once I am better, I will start pressuring them 😁.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 2:53 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Yes, although I am not in as much of an immediate rush to get it since I am still not fully recovered. Once I am better, I will start pressuring them 😁.

Refuah Shleima - and thank-you.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 3:04 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I was hoping this vaccine was similar to the measles vaccine in that there's a small percentage of vaccinated people who are susceptable but IT WOULD BE KNOWN IF TESTED BECAUSE THERE WOULD BE INSUFFICIENT ANTIBODIES. You write that you did have antibodies when you contracted Covid! Was the level considered significant (over 16, or whatever your lab says)?

Yes, I had a relatively high number of antibodies when I tested.

naomi2

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 3:45 pm
Op I don't k ow how you are still so positive about the vaccine experience seeing that you are still suffering 5 months later! I know you didn't get covid 5 months ago but wow this is a long saga

mom4many

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 3:54 pm
notshanarishona wrote:

Does the vaccine help in any way after you've recovered? I'd think you have antibodies from recovering.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 3:55 pm
Isn't it possible that getting Covid after being vaccinated (and with antibodies!) is what caused your severe reaction to the disease, that it somehow messed up your immune response? Is that something they are at all looking at?

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:02 pm
mom4many wrote:
Does the vaccine help in any way after you've recovered? I'd think you have antibodies from recovering.

Supposedly longer term immunity . They say not to get it until 90 days passed from getting sick.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:03 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Isn't it possible that getting Covid after being vaccinated (and with antibodies!) is what caused your severe reaction to the disease, that it somehow messed up your immune response? Is that something they are at all looking at?

That’s why I want to be unblinded. My infectious disease doctor said it is possible although rare . Not that they can do anything about it now but would be good to know.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:06 pm
mom4many wrote:

Why is it that so many people don’t understand this point that antibodies do not last, are not proven to prevent someone catching the virus again???

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:11 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Why is it that so many people don’t understand this point that antibodies do not last, are not proven to prevent someone catching the virus again???

So what's the purpose or benefit of a vaccine?
Isn't that what the vaccine does? Lower risk antibodies.

elsily

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:30 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:

Where’s your study that antibodies don’t last? That’s what is currently being researched- how long they last after illness, how long after vaccination, and what level provides enough protection. None of this data is available in a large scale study yet.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:14 am
I am so confused! Vaccine = antibodies. Recovering from covid = antibodies. If they say antibodies don't last what's the point of the vaccine?? Natural immunity(from getting sick) is much better antibodies then the vaccine. So if you had the covid and have antibodies, would do you need to take the vaccine. you already have antibodies, what's the point. I am so so confuses!

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:11 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
I am so confused! Vaccine = antibodies. Recovering from covid = antibodies. If they say antibodies don't last what's the point of the vaccine?? Natural immunity(from getting sick) is much better antibodies then the vaccine. So if you had the covid and have antibodies, would do you need to take the vaccine. you already have antibodies, what's the point. I am so so confuses!

Its bc there are so many people who have gotten covid twice. Science tells us there’s reason to believe antibodies from the vaccine will last at least a year, hopefully much longer. We don’t know yet what antibody level we need to prevent infection, but research is ongoing. If you still have antibodies, it’s reasonable to wait to get the vaccine. But you’d need to check your antibody levels frequently. There’s no reason to believe (yet) that natural antibodies from covid are better than the vaccine-induced antibodies.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:24 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:

At a certain point a person no longer has antibodies. Considering how many people seriously suffer from covid, both long term and short term, and how many die from it even with the interventions available today- for many people, a vaccine is a much safer option than getting covid once or again. Even if they need multiple vaccinations.

bfromnj

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:56 am
I recently took my first Moderna shot & I'm looking forward to my second dose & hoping for no major side effects. I wouldn’t want to participate in a study at this point bc I want to feel secure that I received the vaccine & not a placebo!

I can’t wait for this virus to be behind us already & I hope that the vaccines will not have serious side effects. All I had was soreness in my arm after the first couple of days but have heard that the second dose can have more side effects. Nonetheless I am excited to receive my second vaccine & hopefully become immune shortly after!

cnc

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 1:49 pm
bfromnj wrote:
I recently took my first Moderna shot & I'm looking forward to my second dose & hoping for no major side effects. I wouldn’t want to participate in a study at this point bc I want to feel secure that I received the vaccine & not a placebo!

I can’t wait for this virus to be behind us already & I hope that the vaccines will not have serious side effects. All I had was soreness in my arm after the first couple of days but have heard that the second dose can have more side effects. Nonetheless I am excited to receive my second vaccine & hopefully become immune shortly after!

Same!
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics