Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
England lockdown
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 6:51 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Why 8?
I thought till feb.

They hope by February half term to have vaccinated many more people so they can begin easing restrictions, but from what I've gathered on the news it's going to end up being until at least March. Let's daven that's it's 6 weeks, not 8 or longer cv. Im seriously worried for all our mental health as parents etc. It's just not possible in the winter! Last lockdown we rode bikes at the park, played outdoors loads. Now it's just a shambles. Very nice of them to keep play areas open this time, but who's going in this weather anyway?!

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 6:57 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I wish one of the groups would be teachers so that schools can open!
I do understand that the situation isnt good, and in some ways it really is terrifying. But we have been told over and over that primary school children are not spreading the virus, and school is perfectly safe. Then overnight they are all shut. So which is it?
All of my children has had their class or classmates or teachers in quarantine at some point over the last few months. In none of those cases did the original person catch the virus in school, nor did it spread to anyone else in the class.
Obviously that's just anecdotal, but it does make this situation more frustrating to me.

That's a good point! I had one son home twice in isolation because once a kriya rebbe tested positive and the 2nd time a boy from his class. No one else caught it 🤔
The problem with vaccinating teachers is that most are of child bearing age still and I don't think we're being vaccinated.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 6:57 pm
aaahh I really really hope not.

I had such a bad sad day today. Couldnt stop crying.

Made me feel so depressed remembering last years lockdown.

Lets all daven for each other that they will please reopen soon, or consider all children vulnerable and let them all in. (which I fully believe children are)

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 6:58 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
That's a good point! I had one son home twice in isolation because once a kriya rebbe tested positive and the 2nd time a boy from his class. No one else caught it 🤔
The problem with vaccinating teachers is that most are of child bearing age still and I don't think we're being vaccinated.

Its such a crazy situation.

Me too.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:00 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Awww thats so crazy!!
Its so unfair for you.

Im waiting to hear till tomo too...
Furlough should be happenign again, even if you didnt get last time.

Can I ask where you live?
Im in Mcr and wondering which schools will do that here..
Where I live most of the schools are sooo lenient, I wish my kids school was.

I'm in Manchester too Smile so many of my friends have told me that they just had to go in to sign a form that their child is vulnerable and they're all most likely reopening for them next week! My sil from London said her kids are starting Monday because her dh is on hatzolo and she works in a crèche.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:03 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
aaahh I really really hope not.

I had such a bad sad day today. Couldnt stop crying.

Made me feel so depressed remembering last years lockdown.

Lets all daven for each other that they will please reopen soon, or consider all children vulnerable and let them all in. (which I fully believe children are)

I'm so sorry Sad it's brutal! Take one day at a time, you'll be OK iyh. I'm taking some vitamins to calm me down, keeps the stress at bay. They really help me bh. They're called mega magnesium. I've had them since last lockdown but only just started to retake them because my stress and anxiety went through the roof hearing all of the latest news.
I hope your kids can go to school. Feel good x

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:06 pm
Thanks.
I did try magnesium last time and they made me sooo sleepy. Lit, fell asleep in middle of the day at kitchen table.
Banging head
I just called someone homeopathic and they said they cant recommend anything, I need to talk my stress out! Banging head

I told my husband we are moving schools!!
My neighbours around me , I saw kids walking to school today!
They havent had not one kid off for isolating.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:19 pm
They hope by February half term to have vaccinated many more people so they can begin easing restrictions, but from what I've gathered on the news it's going to end up being until at least March. Let's daven that's it's 6 weeks, not 8 or longer cv. Im seriously worried for all our mental health as parents etc. It's just not possible in the winter! Last lockdown we rode bikes at the park, played outdoors loads. Now it's just a shambles. Very nice of them to keep play areas open this time, but who's going in this weather anyway?!

Where did you see March?
I havent seen anything about that...

Im keeping my head in the sand TMI TMI
otherwise I will seriously crumble.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:19 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Thanks.
I did try magnesium last time and they made me sooo sleepy. Lit, fell asleep in middle of the day at kitchen table.
Banging head
I just called someone homeopathic and they said they cant recommend anything, I need to talk my stress out! Banging head

I told my husband we are moving schools!!
My neighbours around me , I saw kids walking to school today!
They havent had not one kid off for isolating.

Wow that's crazy, I didn't know that it caused tiredness, I haven't felt any different bh
, just calmer. Maybe it's psychological but who cares.
Yes some schools don't test/isolate!
My boys in high school were only off once, my younger kids school was off every other week!

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:20 pm
Wow that's crazy, I didn't know that it caused tiredness, I haven't felt any different bh
, just calmer. Maybe it's psychological but who cares.
Yes some schools don't test/isolate!
My boys in high school were only off once, my younger kids school was off every other week!

Can you tell me exactly what it is please?
was really crazy so havent taken it for months.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:21 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Where did you see March?
I havent seen anything about that...

Im keeping my head in the sand TMI TMI
otherwise I will seriously crumble.

All over the news but I'm looking for updates all day and it's getting me down so I really need to try to stop.
Sorry, I really hope to be wrong and it'll end in February iyh. Keep davenning...

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:21 pm
I didn't know that about not vaccinating those of childbearing age. And I didn't know that they are saying it might continue into March! Can you tell I don't read the news, it's too depressing.
And so true about the weather making this much more difficult, I took them to a park one day in the holiday, everyone got so muddy it took me an hour to scrub their shoes clean, and they were still wet the next day! Yes I know wellies...
I wish our schools would take all our kids, they really are all vulnerable. But they've been sending endless emails how we need to keep safe and best place is at home, and they only have very few spaces for those who both parents are critical workers, so that's not happening.
I feel terrible for the kids, they have it harder than us in a way, a couple of mine really suffered during the last lockdown, and I know plenty of others that did too.
The only way I can get through this is to accept that this is the situation and grumbling ain't gonna change it.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:24 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Can you tell me exactly what it is please?
was really crazy so havent taken it for months.

Mine are from vitamins4u, Manchester. It's just pills called mega magnesium. They gave me those when I called up before pesach saying that I needed vitamins to help with stress and anxiety.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:26 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I didn't know that about not vaccinating those of childbearing age. And I didn't know that they are saying it might continue into March! Can you tell I don't read the news, it's too depressing.
And so true about the weather making this much more difficult, I took them to a park one day in the holiday, everyone got so muddy it took me an hour to scrub their shoes clean, and they were still wet the next day! Yes I know wellies...
I wish our schools would take all our kids, they really are all vulnerable. But they've been sending endless emails how we need to keep safe and best place is at home, and they only have very few spaces for those who both parents are critical workers, so that's not happening.
I feel terrible for the kids, they have it harder than us in a way, a couple of mine really suffered during the last lockdown, and I know plenty of others that did too.
The only way I can get through this is to accept that this is the situation and grumbling ain't gonna change it.

Yes I'm devestated for the kids. My 11 year is in therapy now since last lockdown because he started pulling out his eye brows. Now he recently went onto his eye lashes Sad bh his eye brows have grown back and he stopped for a while. I'm just so upset for him. And his therapy is costing us a fortune. It does help though bh...

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:28 pm
Mine are from vitamins4u, Manchester. It's just pills called mega magnesium. They gave me those when I called up before pesach saying that I needed vitamins to help with stress and anxiety.

Thank you.
I think we were both talking about this pesach time on here and thats what I got.

Can I ask do you take one or 2 a day?
was recommeneded 2 then one but too scared t take w the tiredness thing.
and sorry I know TMI but do they make your urine very yellow?
I would really like to something to help me.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:29 pm
Yes I'm devestated for the kids. My 11 year is in therapy now since last lockdown because he started pulling out his eye brows. Now he recently went onto his eye lashes Sad bh his eye brows have grown back and he stopped for a while. I'm just so upset for him. And his therapy is costing us a fortune. It does help though bh...

I heard not pregant, nursing or trying.
But I heard only for 3 months after....

Aww thats so hard for you to see.
Hatzlocho.
I hope he grows out of it quick

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:01 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Thank you.
I think we were both talking about this pesach time on here and thats what I got.

Can I ask do you take one or 2 a day?
was recommeneded 2 then one but too scared t take w the tiredness thing.
and sorry I know TMI but do they make your urine very yellow?
I would really like to something to help me.

Usually just 1 unless I'm having a really bad day. No, they don't make my urine yellow. Hope you find something that will help you.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:02 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I heard not pregant, nursing or trying.
But I heard only for 3 months after....

Aww thats so hard for you to see.
Hatzlocho.
I hope he grows out of it quick

Ah OK so no Idea why teachers aren't in one of the 1st groups to be vaccinated.

Amein thank you.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 4:02 am
Ah OK so no Idea why teachers aren't in one of the 1st groups to be vaccinated.

Amein thank you.

Petition: Prioritise teachers, school and childcare staff for Covid-19 vaccination
https://petition.parliament.uk.....54316

Sign that and let’s see what happens!

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 4:45 am
Signed.
Thanks
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics