Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Velour

Sprinkles1

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 8:18 pm
Whenever I wash velour robes, tops... the bottoms always roll up, bagel-like. Anyone else have that, know what I'm talking about? Anything to do about it?

zaq

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 9:03 pm
Unroll them, hold the garment by the hem, snap it smartly like a flag snapping in the breeze or a grocer snapping open a paper bag, and hang them up to dry.

Sprinkles1

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 6:01 pm
zaq wrote:
Unroll them, hold the garment by the hem, snap it smartly like a flag snapping in the breeze or a grocer snapping open a paper bag, and hang them up to dry.

Yeah, I do that. And then put in the dryer and it comes out fine. Was just wondering if it only happens by me and why.

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:38 pm
Sprinkles1 wrote:
Yeah, I do that. And then put in the dryer and it comes out fine. Was just wondering if it only happens by me and why.

No, the hems of my velour robes also roll up, but I assumed it was because of the way I hem them. If you sew and want to fix the problem, see ewdaily.com/sewing/how-to-sew/stretch-velvet/.

If you just want to know why this happens--and it can happen with other fabrics as well as velour--see https://fashion-incubator.com/.....dling
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry