Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Ds is very into secular music
Previous  1  2

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 11:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ds is not a sheltered boy . (Not being sheltered doesn't mean that they can get their easy way out with anything, not sheltered kids also need boundaries) he doesn't go to a very chassidish yashiva , but it's a Frum and intense learning, but they play soccer or football too if that helps . We never restricted him with any kinds of music , he always listen to nissim black and we allow him to . he knows I dont go for that styles so he respects that . The other day he just wanted to share with me, which is nice. I sat down and watched him dance to the music . Later I told him that next time I'd rather he puts in earplugs rather than turn it on loud . He accepted it very maturely. My concern was just the English songs the wording I heard . About the Israeli songs I'm not sure though. Ds is almost 16 he is not a niave kid. He is open minded in a healthy way . Just the English secular songs bothers me .

I'm confused. Who doesn't let their kids listen to Jewish music?

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 9:07 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
It's unlikely to have a negative impact if he can't understand the lyrics. And by the way, a surprising amount of contemporary Israeli music has religious themes. Even if he is listening to trashy music, I'd let it go. He's looking for an outlet of some kind, and doesn't seem to have many options. Maybe ask him to play some.of it for you, not so you can censor it, but so you can share in his interest.

That’s totally untrue. The torah says music enters the neshama and I was even told to be very careful when I was pregnant with what I listened to because it has an effect on the baby.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 9:13 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
That’s totally untrue. The torah says music enters the neshama and I was even told to be very careful when I was pregnant with what I listened to because it has an effect on the baby.

Where exactly does the Torah say that music enters the neshama? Source, please.

I don't think it's a good idea to listen to songs with crass lyrics, but dealing with teenagers is not the same as making choices for yourself.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 9:19 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I'm confused. Who doesn't let their kids listen to Jewish music?

Are you referring to Nissim Black?

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 7:14 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Are you referring to Nissim Black?

Yes, that's why I bolded it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics