Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Disability in Israel
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 8:30 am
Quote:
quote=Teoima 'm not saying it's not!!! totally agree with you! 'm just saying Bituach Leumi has another category of over 100% נכות that was mentioned above but that best as understand it's designated for people with severe physical disabilities

Oh, I know that you are well aware of this. You've had more than your share of first hand experience. I was just saying it for the general audience, because I think that message gets lost sometimes.

amother [ OP ] wrote:
My bad days are bad, no exaggerating needed. It’s just that most days aren’t that bad. Every so often I’ll have an episode of several bad weeks or even months. The really bad stuff I’m fortunate if I avoid the hospital. It’s really embarrassing to have to try going this route but what’s the alternative.

Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug

I know, it's really awful. There's no way to get around it.

Maybe think of it as going to the dentist, but instead of you paying the dentist, they pay you!

You are doing this to help take care of the "you who has bad days", because when it's bad you can't take care of you. This is just another form of self care.

Remember that after the appointment, you're going to need lots of positive self talk. You are not a loser. You are a person with an illness, but that illness does not define you. You are a good person, you are doing your best, and you deserve love and nice things.

Hashem gave us this challenge. I don't know why. All I know is that we are supposed to try and figure out how we can use it for good. You can take what you learn from this experience, and help others. You can become more compassionate to everyone around you. You can daven more, and trust Hashem more.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 10:04 am
WitchKitty wrote:
You have to.
If you don't exaggerate, you don't get.
This is my experience sine I have a Down syndrome brother who technically should qualify for everything but in reality it needs to be re-fought every 5 years.

My brother has that - it's crazy! You don't wake up one day without downs! . I got it for myself when I was 16 and got it for life. But still they can just take it away one day if they decide I don't need it I've heard. It really sucks.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions