Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Writing a matzeiva

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 4:38 pm
Is there such a thing as deciding what you want written on your metzeiva before you pass away?
is it supposed to be written by your children, or would your kids appreciate knowing exactly what you would have wanted? would it be helpful or weird to write out an idea of what to put on the metzeiva?

how does it work?

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 5:12 pm
Interesting! Your children may find it helpful though they may also want to add something that wouldn't occur to you to put in. Sometimes we don't realize how much others appreciate us. Matzeivas have to be completely honest. Ask a Rav if it's appropriate to do.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 8:09 pm
It's a good idea! If you know where you will be buried and the rules of that cemetery/section.
My family spent 2 and half days, of editing, revising, and incorporating 8 different people's opinion for my mother's matzeiva. We finally agreed on it all to find out that the section she's buried in has rules and we weren't able to put on everything we agreed and had to revise it drastically.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 9:08 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
It's a good idea! If you know where you will be buried and the rules of that cemetery/section.
My family spent 2 and half days, of editing, revising, and incorporating 8 different people's opinion for my mother's matzeiva. We finally agreed on it all to find out that the section she's buried in has rules and we weren't able to put on everything we agreed and had to revise it drastically.

Which neice are you ?
Your loving aunt !! Heart Heart

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 10:06 pm
To my dearest, most favorite aunt,
I'm your oldest niece ❤

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 1:17 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:

Are you my older sister? or are there just so many of us miserable people walking around trying to figure out what to write on our mothers' matzeivas?! Banging head
(Hint: Banging head is my classic signature these days)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics