Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
England lockdown
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 4:20 am

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 6:37 am
I saw this on facebook, maybe it can help you:

PSA for parents of children under 14 in England.
I’ve realised from posts that not all my friends know about childcare bubbles.
Anyone with a child under 14 in the house is allowed to form a childcare bubble with one other household for the purposes of informal childcare.
Examples of how this could work are:
- grandparents or other family members taking your kids to theirs for the day or helping in your house
- a friend or friends (who live together) who help out a lot
- another family with kids similar ages that you want to split childcare with (so you might do one day of home schooling with the kids from both households and then the next you’d drop your kids at theirs and have some quiet)
The children and adults of both households are allowed in both households and you are allowed to be in the household at the same time.
If you are a single parent you are allowed a support bubble IN ADDITION to the childcare bubble. If you are someone else’s support bubble you can still form a childcare bubble. If your child splits their time with another parent living elsewhere, that does not affect your ability to have both these bubbles and the second parent doesn’t count as a bubble.
Good luck to all my home schooling friends. This is ridiculously hard. You are all amazing.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ma.....22zyc

ail

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 12:13 pm
Stamford hill schools are all open legally as children with no access to Internet, have no devices... Are considered vulnerable.
So can all the other schools in England do.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 12:19 pm
ail wrote:
Stamford hill schools are all open legally as children with no access to Internet, have no devices... Are considered vulnerable.
So can all the other schools in England do.

Lucky you but our school in Manchester isn't doing anything of the sort because most of us have Internet access Sad I'm waiting to hear from my kids school, we find out tomorrow if they can go back. My anxiety is through the roof. I'm so done with homeschooling!!

ail

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 12:29 pm
I know, it's tough...
Not only the Jewish schools are relying on it...

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 12:42 pm
Haha I wish my primary school would be so easy going!

The high school that we send to have most students back bh. Primary is being more difficult.

I literally cried before when my dh brought back their packs from school for remote learning. I just can't anymore with it. I'm davenning hard for my kids to be allowed back next week iyh.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 1:26 pm
Hi
How is everyone doing?

I picked up our children’s packs this afternoon.
I would like to send them direct to Bury recycling centre!

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 1:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi
How is everyone doing?

I picked up our children’s packs this afternoon.
I would like to send them direct to Bury recycling centre!

Lol same here!
We obviously send to the same school!
Sending you hugs 😘

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 1:37 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Lol same here!
We obviously send to the same school!
Sending you hugs 😘

Thank you!
Sending warm vibes, energy and love!

I’m considering buying my girl a pink shirt and letting her walk through the gates of satmar school on Monday morning. Think they will notice an extra kid in class?

My boys are less excited about that idea. I told them they can pick any school they want, choice is theirs.
However their uniform codes are harder to crack- making it more difficult to blend in...

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 1:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you!

I’m considering buying my girl a pink shirt and letting her walk through the gates of satmar school on Monday morning. Think they will notice an extra kid in class?

My boys are less excited about that idea. I told them they can pick any school they want, choice is theirs.
However their uniform codes are harder to crack- making it more difficult to blend in...

Thank you and thanks for the laugh 🤣 I need all the laughs I can get right now.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 1:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you!

Haha, if we all have the same idea, do you think they'll realize there are a whole bunch of extra kids in class?
Our high schools might take the kids in, they will let us know. Then il need to figure out childcare for the younger ones, but at least older ones will be learning. I refuse to do work packs with them this time, whatever they manage on their own great, otherwise too bad.
In other news I have a bunch of kids who've spent all day doing nothing, and are in absolute rotten moods right now Sad

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 1:51 pm
Im also still waiting..
And meanwhile iv been off work...so crazy.

I was out today, and went past all these schools absolutely buzzing totally like normal, full school day, and Im just so jelous!
Im sorry, I know I shouldnt be but its just so hard to see some schools already back full day totally like normal and were all stuck waiting.
I wish we could change school!!!

I wish they would let ALL children go back.
They could split the day so all children get a chance, so half a day each.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 2:08 pm
ail wrote:
I know, it's tough...
Not only the Jewish schools are relying on it...

I thought they didn’t actually open. They retracted after lockdown was announced.
But I could be wrong about that.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 3:51 pm
Lockdown extended till at least the end of march Crying

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 4:10 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

Oh gosh!!! Hashem yerachem 😢
On a good note, bh my kids are allowed back in school from tomorrow. They finish earlier than normal but I'm so relieved.
I'm sorry for all those who didn't get places. My heart goes out to everyone Hug

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 4:25 pm
Hi everyone. Please check out a beautiful new song- because the world has a big Red Light with Corona - www.lifeinasong.org

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 4:49 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

Please dont get everyone worried Confused
Officially, looks like the laws run until march but restrictions could be lifted before that and schools will be first to open.

Lets keep praying.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 4:56 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Please dont get everyone worried Confused
Officially, looks like the laws run until march but restrictions could be lifted before that and schools will be first to open.

Lets keep praying.

I was just going to reply with something similar because I keep checking the news and it doesn't say the rules are definitely in place until the end of march. It's likely that schools will open after February half term iyH. They will be the 1st to open.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 5:08 pm
He said the legislation ran until the end of March "not because we expect the full national lockdown to continue until then, but to allow a steady, controlled and evidence-led move down through the tiers on a regional basis".

He said this would happen "brick-by-brick... without risking the hard-won gains that protections have given us".

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 5:15 pm
Davening for you all!
We need moshiach now!
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics