Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Gluten-free recipes?

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 5:49 pm
Anyone have any gluten-free recipes? My in-laws are coming for shabbos, so you know, e/t has to be PERFECT, and my mil has celiac disease, so she can't have a/t with gluten (wheat, oat, barley,..., soy sauce!). I don't want to have to go out and buy any weird products, like rice flour. so I just want some recipes that don't contain gluten products.
any good london broil recipes?- I usually use soy sauce in mine, but now, I can't.
thanks for the help!

proudmom

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 6:01 pm
All flours she has to stay off?

elisecohen

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 7:42 am
You can use oil and vinegar or wine vinegar with salt and black pepper for a more "traditional" london broil. Do NOT use soy sauce, ketchup, dried soup mix or anything with "natural flavorings" added, as these can all contain gluten and all of these products typically do.

For side dishes, vegetables with fresh herbs are gluten-free, as are rice and potatoes. You can make a homemade potato or rice kugel if you only use cornstarch as a binder and avoid flours. Tzimmes is fine, fruit salad, berries...what else are you looking for?

For a list of things to avoid, you can check www.glutenfreepantry.com or www.missroben.com They sell gluten free products, which I know doesn't interest you, but they also have a lot of information.

Please note that apparently despite their claim that their own products are kosher, the Gluten Free Pantry's own brand name products lost their hashgocho a while ago, and are not recommended, so anyone reading this thread for informational purposes should investigate on their own before buying such things.

elisecohen

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 8:10 am
Oh-btw-easy gluten-free shabbos desserts you can make with ingredients you already keep in the home include baked apples, peanut or tree-nut brittle, fresh berries or fruit salad, peanut butter balls, caramel popcorn, chocolate-almond-marshmallow bark, and most other confections. Sorbet is also good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics