Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Mudroom or deep closet

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 10:44 pm
BzH we’ll be doing construction on our home. I’m making the choice of having deep (good setup) coat/cubby closets instead of a mudroom. There are numerous reasons why I made this decision. 1. Realistically & for convenience my family will want to use the front door (not the side exit) 2. This setup gives me more open space (wider hallway) etc. 3.I will have a decent Pesach kitchen. BH I have a large family and hope I wont regret this decision.
Realistically, can good deep closets, set up well, function as optimally as a mudroom?

Thanks!

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 11:03 pm
I have three deep closets in my foyer. In one of them I put low hooks for coats and briefcases. (I put hooks on all three sides so I have 8) It also has hanging in it (happen not to use it as I don't need it) I keep a chest thay opens on the floor for excess hats/gloves/snowpants etc. and they can stand on it to hang up and take down coats and briefcases. I keep some stuff on a shelf at the top of the closet as well. Works well for us.

tweety1

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 11:03 pm
The way you're putting it down, I think what you're doing is a very smart idea. My sil has a mud room plus a closet. But both are tiny. She insisted on a mudroom. If you'll set it up well, think hire a closet guy I think you'll love the closet so much more. I redid my closets professionally and it's money so well spent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics