Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
SAHM- what do you when you’re sick?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 12:03 am
If you’re a sahm with kid/s at home, what happens when you’re sick? (Or even feel lousy like have a mild virus, not sick sick)
You can’t take a sick day like a working woman can do (and the child care is taken care of as it is on a regular working day).
Do your husbands stay home from work? Do you soldier through? Do you have family that helps out?

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 12:05 am
Combination of soldiering through and husband doing what he can. It’s really rough Sad

Rappel

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 12:09 am
My couch becomes my CNC for household movement. We go into code red and survive on sandwiches and disposables until I feel better. Instead of spending time with DH, I nap if he's ever home. And I don't sweat the mess -- if we made it through the day okay, the rest will follow later.

The worst is the walk to gan, so depending on how sick I am DS may not go to school that day. But we do what we have to do.

There have been times where my toddlers were very young and unsafe, and I would move the whole operation - food, water bottles, everything, - into their room and lock us in. I would snooze on the bed, and I knew that they could play without encountering anything especially dangerous. Again -- cleanup can happen when you feel better. This is about damage control.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 12:22 am
It’s a real challenge. No joke.

Tylenol has an ad about this issue.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 12:27 am
I could cry from reading this. I am sahm with 2 little ones home with me every day. I'm really really not feeling well. Today was so hard and I'm dreading tomorrow.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 12:35 am
I have a mild virus. I probably could pop Tylenol and go on but I know I need rest to get over it. Sad I don’t get quiet time recently during the day, baby has short naps, cranky baby, too young for quiet time while I nap. Not sure it’s enough to ask dh to stay home because I’m not “sick sick”. But I don’t want to get sick sick!

Zehava

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 12:38 am
I go into survival mode and learn to ask for help even though it’s so hard! Constantly questioning myself if I’m really sick or just lazy. Lots of screentime and takeout for dinner. Thankfully it doesn’t happen too often.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 1:03 am
Normally would hire help if I could but not now during pandemic. Once I had a migraine and my husband worked from home because I really didn’t feel it was safe for me to be alone with a toddler with a migraine where my vision was obstructed. I’m a SAHM and pregnant and feel really not good in the morning and it’s been really rough. My husband helps if he’s not on a work call but my house is basically a disaster and I try to get my daughter to lay in bed with me or play near me in bed but it’s mostly not effective.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 4:55 am
I just go on. And yes, often, from pushing through, things get much worse. And then I push through that.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 5:00 am
This year everyone in same boat because if one person in the family has symptoms the whole family has to stay home until tested negative for covid in many schools. It’s very hard .

imaima

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 5:15 am
Only with my youngest child I came up with the brilliant idea to hire help. Until then it was always soldiering through.

Ladies, if you can, do yourselves a favor! Hire someone, anyone, have them wheel out your kids in strollers and take a nap! Even cleaners van do that.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 9:04 am
When I'm really sick like with the flu or when I had covid, DH stayed home. I couldn't move, there wasn't any choice. When I'm under the weather or have a virus, I manage on my own and basically push through the day.

silverlining3

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 9:18 am
I soldier through and let go a lot. I stick to sitting on the couch a lot.
Husband never took off times I wasn't feeling well - as in virus, fevery, under the weather, strep or wtvr (though don't think I was ever extremely sick bh).

When older kids come home from school I let them do WHATEVER they want, I'm simply not on top of them. And when the man comes home, he takes over.

But when the man is sickish.....need I finish? LOL

It ain't easy but bh it passes.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 9:28 am
Nothing.
Still gotta take care of the kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics