Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Buying clothes in advance

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 2:12 pm
I'm wondering if any of you have experience buying clothing a year in advance - like buying now for next year's winter season.
My baby is 2, how does sizing generally work when buying early?
I'm thinking specifically of dresses. I'd love to hear any info!!

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 2:14 pm
I buy in advance. Like now I'm buying summer stuff. ☺
I would size up one size. If now she's in 18-24months, for next year she'll prob be in size 2-3years. But dresses sometimes run big

Malkqueen

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 2:19 pm
For a young child (up to 4 years old), I don't recommend buying a whole year in advance, because their growth doesn't always go by the books. So if they're a size 2 now, doesn't mean next winter they'll be a 3 - they might be a 4.

If you do shop in advance, be prepared to have some items not work out. Size up rather than down so if needed you can put it away for a year later, rather than be stuck with something that never fit.

Also, if you're buying online, stick with brands that you know, or with stores that have a decent return policy.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 2:21 pm
I know my kids growth curve and body type (tall and thin) so yeah I do this all the time. Always shop the sales . Except for shoes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics