Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Frum, accepting, open minded community for chilled chasidim
1  2  3  4  Next

spiritualsoul

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 10:57 am
We're a chasidish couple with young kids and we're a little out of the box. We live in brooklyn and we don't quite fit in to the chasidish community here. We dress differently and have different, more broad hashkofos on how to raise our kids. Would anyone have an idea of a frum community anywhere in U.S./Israel that's very openminded but also frum? The people there have to be warm and very non-judgemental. We would also love to have a Rav and shul that's totally fine with chasidim, and also has a fun-loving and joyful attitude towards Judaism and G-d. I have no clue if such a community exists but I'm trying my luck since there's only that much internet research I can do Smile
Is there anyone out there living in such a community and they're happy?
It also can't be high cost of living.
Thanks to all! hope I'll get some suggestions:)

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:01 am
Would you fit in in Staten Island?

spiritualsoul

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:03 am
would not like schools there or in BP

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:03 am
I heard munkatch in monsey is accepting

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:04 am
How about the surrounding Monsey area's like Pomona, New City, Chestnut Ridge, New Hempstead?

mha3484

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:11 am
Chicago has a small but super nice chassidish community. We have a boys school a girls bais yaakov which is a mix of yeshivish/chassidish, shuls and two kollelim.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:16 am
What does fun-loving mean?

Have you considered Tzfas?

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:19 am
mha3484 wrote:
Chicago has a small but super nice chassidish community. We have a boys school a girls bais yaakov which is a mix of yeshivish/chassidish, shuls and two kollelim.

Chicago does not really have a chassidish community. Almost all of the chassidim here are either in one of the chassidish kollelim or are rabbonim or melamdim in the chassidish cheder. There are less than a handful of chassidish baalei batim. There is a chassidish cheder for boys, but the majority of students are not chassidish. The Bais Yaakov is run as litvish school, but as there is no other choice, the girls from the chassidish families go there.

Do not come to Chicago expecting find a chassidish community.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:22 am
OOTBubby wrote:
Chicago does not really have a chassidish community. Almost all of the chassidim here are either in one of the chassidish kollelim or are rabbonim or melamdim in the chassidish cheder. There are less than a handful of chassidish baalei batim. There is a chassidish cheder for boys, but the majority of students are not chassidish. The Bais Yaakov is run as litvish school, but as there is no other choice, the girls from the chassidish families go there.

Do not come to Chicago expecting find a chassidish community.

I dont get to shul so often these days but when I do I usually go to the "chassidish" shul. Rabbi Twerski has grown quite a community of people who really appreciate chasidus and many have taken on a wide array of minhagim from a few to a whole levush. If your interested in leaving the East Coast its worth reaching out to him. Hes super helpful.

spiritualsoul

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:22 am
Thanks everyone!! Any leads in the florida area? I don't necessarily need chasidish, but I don't think we would work well with yeshiva/kollel style community.

spiritualsoul

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:24 am
@mha3484 Thanks!! How would I be able to reach Rabbi Twersky? and can you tell me more about the community? Schools, cost of living, housing options, crime etc...?
Thank you so much!!

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:27 am
spiritualsoul wrote:
We're a chasidish couple with young kids and we're a little out of the box. We live in brooklyn and we don't quite fit in to the chasidish community here. We dress differently and have different, more broad hashkofos on how to raise our kids. Would anyone have an idea of a frum community anywhere in U.S./Israel that's very openminded but also frum? The people there have to be warm and very non-judgemental. We would also love to have a Rav and shul that's totally fine with chasidim, and also has a fun-loving and joyful attitude towards Judaism and G-d. I have no clue if such a community exists but I'm trying my luck since there's only that much internet research I can do Smile
Is there anyone out there living in such a community and they're happy?
It also can't be high cost of living.
Thanks to all! hope I'll get some suggestions:)

Monsey could work. Chestnut ridge, airmont or Pomona.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:43 am
Maybe look into Milwaukee, where the shul is led by the Twerski family. It's not a chassidish community, but it's quite OOT and accepting, and housing is extremely affordable, plus I've heard they may have school vouchers as well.

Seattle also had an OOT-style chassidish shul called Ashreichem Yisrael, but I don't know its current status.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:53 am
Would Bayswater work for you? It has a cholent of people, but frum. There are chassisim and I think there is a chassisish boys yeshiva. Maybe it is an out of the box satmar yeshiva. The aguda is chassishish/yeshivish so maybe you could fit in there. Also there are other chassish minyanim, just don't have much info about them.

spiritualsoul

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 12:16 pm
Thanks all for the great info! I will check out all:) any additional info would be greatly appreciated!! I would love to hear from people that live in various communities and see perspectives on their community:)Smile
Anyone have info about communities in Florida? How about Israel??

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 12:18 pm
Arizona?

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 12:34 pm
spiritualsoul wrote:
Thanks everyone!! Any leads in the florida area? I don't necessarily need chasidish, but I don't think we would work well with yeshiva/kollel style community.

Some oot communities are building up by expanding their kollelim. Being oot the schools definitely have a mix but there will be a lot of kollel and yeshivish people around.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 12:36 pm
Maybe Toms River would work for you.
Outskirts of Lakewood, lots of Chassidish chilled people.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 12:41 pm
Houston has a new "light-chassidish" shul.
The community has a huge mix of people (it is one large community with various shuls). Many kollel type but many more "out of the box".
I don't think there is anyone who actually wears a streimel though...

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 12:44 pm
I second Toms River

No offense OP... but dou mean ehliche sincere Chasidish

Just no shtick no inyunim ( no chenille snood, no driving shaving efc...)

Or do you mean Tuna Baigel

No judgenment at all, just neec to know which nhood to recommend
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating