Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Fertility treatments in israel

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 4:42 pm
I’ve been dealing with unexplained secondary infertility for awhile and I’m not getting any younger. Even though I have insurance, in the US, the insurance doesn’t doesn’t cover it all and eventually it adds up. My fertility doctor suggested ivf right away but I’m thinking of trying a less invasive first, iui, but then I need to do another test and take medication, that can also get expensive. It’s hard to go through months and wait, but I’m planning Aliyah in the summer so I’m wondering if it’s worth even doing it here, or is it better to do it in israel? My mom keeps on telling me that israel will give me better luck and I truly hope that things will work out. So for those of you who did fertility treatments in Israel, how much did it cover? Was it through Maccabee? Meuchedet? What do you recommend? Thanks

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 11:15 am
It's been a few years since I did treatments so things may have changed.
Fertility treatments are covered until you have 3 kids.
I used Meuhedet and they had great doctors. It also depends where you will be living - I was in Yerushalayim and Meuhedet had excellent clinics and hospitals in my area.

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 11:18 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I used Meuhedet and they had great doctors. It also depends where you will be living - I was in Yerushalayim and Meuhedet had excellent clinics and hospitals in my area.

Yes im currently going through treatments and it's basically fully covered as opposed to in america where I did some treatments and like each shot in america or each stupid thing cost me more than everything together here

amother
White

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 11:41 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:

When I did ivf a few years ago, the first 2 children were covered other than a small part of the medication costs, third child was partially covered. We then tried for a fourth child - I think it was somehow subsidized as well - we got a tofes hitchayivut from Maccabi but also had to pay something like 9000 shekels per cycle, which still is a lot less expensive than treatments in the US, I suppose.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions