Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
England lockdown
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

TCR

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 7:02 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Lucky you but our school in Manchester isn't doing anything of the sort because most of us have Internet access Sad I'm waiting to hear from my kids school, we find out tomorrow if they can go back. My anxiety is through the roof. I'm so done with homeschooling!!

what does internet access have to do with this? confused

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:23 am
TCR wrote:
what does internet access have to do with this? confused

The government rules as to who is allowed into school, allow children of critical or key-workers. They also allow children who are 'vulnerable'. This includes children who can't access remote education, ie, if they don't have internet etc.
However the school royalblue is referring to (I think it's the same school as my kids go to), the parent body is made of people who mostly do have internet at home, so that won't work to allow the children in. Also the school is quite particular and will follow the guidelines exactly, whilst the chedarim are a lot less bothered.
I really hope everyone gets their kids into school. It is sooo hard with them home.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:28 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
The government rules as to who is allowed into school, allow children of critical or key-workers. They also allow children who are 'vulnerable'. This includes children who can't access remote education, ie, if they don't have internet etc.
However the school royalblue is referring to (I think it's the same school as my kids go to), the parent body is made of people who mostly do have internet at home, so that won't work to allow the children in. Also the school is quite particular and will follow the guidelines exactly, whilst the chedarim are a lot less bothered.
I really hope everyone gets their kids into school. It is sooo hard with them home.

Yes, and they're also more careful because they're a state aided school where as most of the chedarim and other schools aren't. Our school is worried that they'll get into trouble...
Hatzlocho!

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:51 am
How you all holding up?

I'm sitting in my bathroom in tears, I'm not handling. 2 of my kids school just got back to me that they dont have space for them even though I probably qualify. I came home from work to a bunch kids in rotten moods, 2 are trying but not managing to get anything done, a couple spend the day in bed, and another spends the whole day screaming and having meltdowns. Its impossible. I told the schools that my kids are home themselves, and there is no way I can make sure they get onto phonecalls, I have 1 tablet between all of them for all their emails, powerpoints, school videos, zooms if they have, etc. They didnt care.
I'm losing it and I dont know what's going to be. Stopping to work really isnt an option.
I've been on verge of tears all day, my poor kids, I feel like eth I've worked so hard to get us back to normality past few months is down the drain.
And yes, it sounds awful, but its 100x worse than in March when I know half their friends are in school and having reg lessons.
Sorry this is a huge vent, I know I sound like a baby.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 8:12 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
How you all holding up?

I'm sitting in my bathroom in tears, I'm not handling. 2 of my kids school just got back to me that they dont have space for them even though I probably qualify. I came home from work to a bunch kids in rotten moods, 2 are trying but not managing to get anything done, a couple spend the day in bed, and another spends the whole day screaming and having meltdowns. Its impossible. I told the schools that my kids are home themselves, and there is no way I can make sure they get onto phonecalls, I have 1 tablet between all of them for all their emails, powerpoints, school videos, zooms if they have, etc. They didnt care.
I'm losing it and I dont know what's going to be. Stopping to work really isnt an option.
I've been on verge of tears all day, my poor kids, I feel like eth I've worked so hard to get us back to normality past few months is down the drain.
And yes, it sounds awful, but its 100x worse than in March when I know half their friends are in school and having reg lessons.

I'm so sorry,
No you don't sound like a baby. It's seriously doing us in!
I've put my 4 year old in the bath because she was so bored!
My older kids are watching on the computer Sad
BH they're allowed back but I went for a covid test today because I have symptoms so I need to wait to send them. My heart really goes out to all those that weren't allowed back.
Hugs Hug

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 8:38 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
How you all holding up?

Not a baby at all. I totally feel for you. I was going mad after 1 day with them home. We're relying a lot on screen time. Is there anything you can do to push for your children to get into school? Anyone you know who works for the school, or call up the principal and explain why it's so hard? In theory you should be able to take your case to the governors of the school if they're not helping.
Also have they any friends in the same boat where you can make arrangements for them to go there?
Hatzlocha, I hope your kids get in soon.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 9:45 am
Not a baby at all. I totally feel for you. I was going mad after 1 day with them home. We're relying a lot on screen time. Is there anything you can do to push for your children to get into school? Anyone you know who works for the school, or call up the principal and explain why it's so hard? In theory you should be able to take your case to the governors of the school if they're not helping.
Also have they any friends in the same boat where you can make arrangements for them to go there?
Hatzlocha, I hope your kids get in soon.

We've spoken with the principals multiple times, they say they are trying but there is nothing they can do. The other 3 kids school there is nothing to talk about.
About friends, I'm not comfortable with them having friends or leaving the house themselves when I'm not home to supervise.
We've come up that maybe il take 1 kid to work, dh will take another, leaving only 3 home. Truthfully I don't know anyone I can ask to have my kid for even 2 hours a day. We are in a new neighbourhood, and dont have much family either.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 12:20 pm
Awww my heart goes out to you.
I am so so upset whats happening, that the school has got to pick and choose and decide who can come, whereas the other scholls never even closed!!
I know someone who does childcare at home, she isnt registered and they wont accept her kids.
So she needs to have all her kids ontop of her plus managing her job aswel.
Its so unfair for everyone.

Hugs hugs to everyone.
They have to change their mind.
ALL children are considered vulnerable.
No child should be excluded.
Im so upset that its selected.

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 2:38 pm
ail wrote:
Stamford hill schools are all open legally as children with no access to Internet, have no devices... Are considered vulnerable.
So can all the other schools in England do.

Quite a number of Stamford Hill schools received police visits. The police were shown false register intake, showing that there is only a 70% attendance.
ALL Stamford Hill children are at school, even the ones that have Internet at home.
ALL the shops are open as usual. THERE IS NO SIGN OF A LOCKDOWN.
ALL THE RULES ARE BEING IGNORED.
And there are way too many people in Stamford Hill who currently have the virus and plenty in hospital too.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 3:30 pm
Government has said they're not restricting how many students can attend. As long as they are identified as children of keyworker and/or vulnerable, they can attend. So hopefully all our children can attend school now.

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 3:40 pm
Government has said they're not restricting how many students can attend. As long as they are identified as children of keyworker and/or vulnerable, they can attend. So hopefully all our children can attend school now.

The point is that EVERYONE is attending school. The rules in Stamford Hill are being flouted big-time. In GG it is not the case.

No one gives a hoot about the virus in Stamford Hill. Kids of Covid infected mums/dad's are coming to school and cheder, going to friend's houses, shopping etc. And I know of Covid infected men who go to daven in shul.
Where is the ואהבת לרעך כמוך?

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 3:44 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
The point is that EVERYONE is attending school. The rules in Stamford Hill are being flouted big-time. In GG it is not the case.

No one gives a hoot about the virus in Stamford Hill. Kids of Covid infected mums/dad's are coming to school and cheder, going to friend's houses, shopping etc. And I know of Covid infected men who go to daven in shul.

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 3:45 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 3:48 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Every non essential shop has been turned into an essential shop. It’s mad. The shoe stores are selling bread, the hosiery stores are selling milk. Etc etc

Not to mention the massive חילול השם that this has generated, when the גוים see how the אידן are trying to bend the rules whilst ignoring the huge risks of spreading the virus.

Stamford Hill - shame on you for behaving like this.

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 3:51 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Not to mention the massive חילול השם that this has generated, when the גוים see how the אידן are trying to bend the rules whilst ignoring the huge risks of spreading the virus.

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 4:49 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

Please stop being so nasty. I'm not sure where you live but I am sure that I'd be able to come up with some dirt in your community if you divulge your location.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 4:51 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

And also going to the mikvah even if they are positive for covid. Can't Believe It

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 4:53 pm
I opened this thread for support, reassurance and encouragement.

Please remove any criticisms and open your own threads.

I would like this thread to remain upbeat and one of unconditional positive regard.

If you can’t manage that please take your negativity elsewhere.

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 5:00 pm
Attacking "Stamford hill" rather that specific act is wrong.

Other communities within the general population have similarly flouted the rules......

People are allowed to disagree with government advice in a democratic country.

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 5:06 pm
I had my nails done is the summer at a local Stamford hill Chinese place. There was a black woman who was telling the owner how her brother in law (also black) emptied his large garage and sold beers £10 a bottle. He also asked for an entrance fee and made about 10 grand every night until he was shut down. Which at that point he didn't care as he had made his money and had enough to pay the fine too.

Hundreds of people attended every night.

Then the Chinese lady was saying that she kept open in lockdown in her back garden.

So don't tell me that Stamford hill frum Jews are the ones flouting the lockdown rules.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics