Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help me find a weight loss solution
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:35 pm
denise1 wrote:
I highly highly recommend the book The Metabolic Factor. It helped me lose weight when nothing else worked. My parents saw my amazing results and decided to do it as well. They both lost 35 lbs in 6 months.
In a nutshell, it's like what another poster wrote- no sugar, no carbs, no dairy. Lots of protein and healthy fat.
The book explains exactly how to go about this. Its a total life changer.

Was it hard to adapt it from lifestyle for example shabbos and yom tov? You were able to do it by yourself you didnt need anyone to hold u accountable?

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:56 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Old fashioned calorie counting and making healthy and low carb choices is whats worked for me

second on calorie counting. I use the app Loseit. Me and my husband have been doing it together it's fun! Calorie counting is good because you decide what to eat and if you follow it, naturally you recognize that choices you thought were no big deal, oh a few cookies hear, oh a bite of this there, adds up! LIke if you decide to drink a can of soda and realize that it's a whopping 200 something calories down the drain, and it wasn't even such a great experience and you are still hungry... then it' easier to understand why people say to stop drinking soda.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:00 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Splenda is fine, I don’t get that crazy to deprive myself of Splenda.
Dairy is good, you can have cheese, etc.

Please try it, you’ll be amazed. It takes a few days until it takes effect and you get used to it and you will have zero cravings or hunger.

In my experience, and research also shows that eating artificial sugar makes your body think it's having sugar and therefore craves more of it... For sure it's a better choice rather than a sugary drink once in a while

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:40 pm
Cut out any sugary beverages, even diet ones because they make you crave sweets as well. Drink water or sparkling water, eat whole grains and whole wheat only.
For lunch and dinner, protein and leafy greens. Leave bread or carbs for breakfast.Keep fruits to 2-3 per day.
I am not a dietician, but this worked for me and I lost 8 pounds in a month.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 6:42 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I'm struggling with my weight for quite a while. I need to lose alot. Somebody told me approximately ten weeks ago about a diet called Fast Metabolism Diet by Pomroy which worked wonders for her. I purchased the book on Amazon and it has been a life changer for me. I have already lost over 22 pounds, and am feeling better than I have in years. I am never hungry, and I don't even miss all the sugar and junk..
If you decide to try it I will be more than willing to help you, if you have any questions or concerns.

Do you have to use protein shakes on this diet?

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 8:27 am
Do you have to use protein shakes on this diet?

No

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 9:26 am
You can also try the Gut Balance Revolution. It's a book. You can eat from all food groups, get all the nutrition you need and as much as you want. I tried this diet twice and both times lost weight. The beginning is hard, but gets easier the longer you are on it.

Jenmom

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 6:17 pm
I've lost quite a bit over the last few years. Mostly I did it on my own but I did try some of the popular diets out there now. I tried the popular low carb keto approach on my own a few times and became sick, so I would urge caution or a nutritionist if you go that route as it is unbalanced. Currently though I am doing slimfast, because their shakes are available in the grocery store and are kosher plus meet some of my other nutritional needs. I find them pretty filling and tasty and not too expensive. A lot of the diet products out there now are kosher and well fortified with vitamins so you don't miss out on important nutrients. Otheriwse I would just count calories (1200-1500) and keep to a well balanced diet plus a multivitamin.

cbg

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 6:49 pm
caffeine99 wrote:
A couple of things to note. Make sure you don't go into starvation mode. If you have large gaps in eating, most will go to storage and you gain.

I try to eat every 3.5 hours and good healthy filling meals.

Another thing is there might be an underlying condition you're not aware of.

If you PM me I can give you the name of someone who can probably help you safely and quickly.

Nope
Only when insulin is raised do you go into fat storage mode.
Every time you eat you raise insulin
Insulin is the fat storage hormone
So if you constantly have insulin high then all you eat will be stored
Carbs will raise glucose and then a ton of insulin is needed to push it out of the blood stream. Carbs raise insulin, unless you are a type 1 diabetic.
Too much protein will also raise insulin but not as much as carbs
Fat is the only macro nutrient that doesn’t raise insulin or very minimally

The best thing is to have a healthy lifestyle

IMO- that Low carb High fat Moderate protein

Please educate yourself

I like to watch YouTube videos
Dr. Fung
Dr. Berry
Dr. Westman
Dr. Syrus
Violet Rivera she’s a psychologist

But it’s a lifestyle not a diet

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 8:01 pm
familyfirst wrote:
Please don’t Eliminate an entire food group. Limit but don’t eliminate. Have a serving of dairy. Have healthy carbs- ex brown rice, whole sheet. That way you’ll be able to sustain the weight loss long term.

I totally disagree. Even the brown whole wheat carbs cause cravings and will sabotage the diet.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 8:24 pm
I’m doing weight watchers now and really like it.
I have 100s of foods don’t have to track. Includes fish, chicken breast, brown rice, quinoa, fat free Greek yogurt.
You can eat tons and stay on the plan.

ShinReish

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 10:57 pm
I have been living this life forever. The only thing I have ever found that works and that I can stay on without feeling deprived or too obvious in front of others is the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet. This is not keto. It was developed in the 1980's and is based on insulin reactions.

I know it sounds crazy, but there is quite a lot of research behind it and those of us on it having eating under control for the first time in our lives, without hunger and without cravings. I gained 70 lbs. in about 3 years and have now lost 30 lbs. (about 5 lbs a month). I was on it back in the 80s, but unfortunately didn't stick with it.

The program is simple:

-two meals a day are without carbs, but do include specific veggies
-the 3rd meal you can literally eat anything you want as long as it is within one hour. After an hour, the the insulin response can kick in and set off cravings and hunger. You choose which meal will have the carbs, though it is preferable to usually stick to the same time of day. Most people choose to have the carbs at dinner so they can eat with family and friends easily and some of us find that we have fewer cravings that way.

People who were on keto diets report before this that they now understand what it means to not feel hunger and cravings.

Let me know if I can help with this. I truly believe finding this was a blessing from HaShem.

Bitachon123

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 2:53 am
What helped me lose weight and transform my metabolism most, is intermittent fasting! Ive been doing it for nearly a year and find it super sustainable.

The most basic version is 16:8, ie fast for 16 hours and eat for 8 (I eat between 11am-7pm).
The idea is that when your body is in a fed state all the time, your insulin is always raised. When you give your body a 16 hour break, it becomes fat adaptive and starts to use fat for fuel rather than glucose. In turn your metabolism stabilises and you become much more insulin resistant.

Although there are no restrictions on what you can eat during your eating window, I personally find that I don't have cravings, I no longer have strong insulin spikes, and generally prefer wholesome foods. When your feeding your body on empty it seems to just make sense to me to eat the most nourishing food. Having said that, intermittent fasting is a very forgiving approach. The effect of has on your body is very powerful, regardless of what you eat. Obviously healthy food is best, but it's not like a diet where you can sabotage it and feel like a failure with one bad for choice.

It was hard the first week or 2, but now I personally find I no longer get hungry, I usually do a weekly 24 hour fast, simply because I'm not hungry anyway and the autophagy that takes place in your body when it's not busy digesting food is so cleansing. I can enjoy carbs and any food I like without getting strong cravings or going on a downward spiral. Whatever I eat during the day, somehow my body knows at 7pm I stop, and I no longer struggle with late night binges.

As a previous poster mentioned, there's so many great podcasts out there from Drs and experts. I love Dr Fung in particular. End of the day, understanding your body and how deeply affected it is by not only WHAT you eat, but also WHEN you eat, is there key to success in my opinion. Its not about any one diet, it's about a lifestyle and mindset that comes about through true understanding and listening to your body.

Good luck!!

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 7:25 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I'm struggling with my weight for quite a while. I need to lose alot. Somebody told me approximately ten weeks ago about a diet called Fast Metabolism Diet by Pomroy which worked wonders for her. I purchased the book on Amazon and it has been a life changer for me. I have already lost over 22 pounds, and am feeling better than I have in years. I am never hungry, and I don't even miss all the sugar and junk..
If you decide to try it I will be more than willing to help you, if you have any questions or concerns.

Would love to hear more from. You. I also tried it but need more support.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 8:01 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
You can also try the Gut Balance Revolution. It's a book. You can eat from all food groups, get all the nutrition you need and as much as you want. I tried this diet twice and both times lost weight. The beginning is hard, but gets easier the longer you are on it.

In very short please could u tell me what kind of diet this is

Sorry op dont mean to hijack your thread but maybe it could be helpful to you 2

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 9:00 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
In my experience, and research also shows that eating artificial sugar makes your body think it's having sugar and therefore craves more of it... For sure it's a better choice rather than a sugary drink once in a while

I'm pretty sure that's a myth. If you look at the studies, they are following obese people who don't eat well and drink diet soda. It doesn't help them. Once your sugar cravings are gone, they're gone.
I eat very little carbs, only whole grains when I do. No sugar. I enjoy splenda in my coffee and coke zero for a refreshing treat. I have no sugar cravings ever. (When I eat real sugar, the cravings are very strong.)

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 10:42 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Would love to hear more from. You. I also tried it but need more support.

I would love to help you. How can I?

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 3:46 pm
You’re welcome to reach out to me. Lost 110 pounds.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 7:40 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Old fashioned calorie counting and making healthy and low carb choices is whats worked for me

I also started calorie counting.
just curios cuz you mentioned also low carb. I thought it was one or the other- meaning if your doing low carb your body goes into ketosis so you can eat protein/fat/low carb vegetables without counting.
if you're calorie counting, your counting the amounts, but you're including grains and fruits in your diet (and limiting fat/protein- or you'll go over your caloric amount for the day)
can you add more details about your diet?

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 7:49 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I also started calorie counting.
just curios cuz you mentioned also low carb. I thought it was one or the other- meaning if your doing low carb your body goes into ketosis so you can eat protein/fat/low carb vegetables without counting.
if you're calorie counting, your counting the amounts, but you're including grains and fruits in your diet (and limiting fat/protein- or you'll go over your caloric amount for the day)
can you add more details about your diet?

I Max myself out at 1450 calories a day (when I am on the plan 🤣).
My meals include breakfast: yogurt/ fruit/ coffee, lunch salad with protein, dinner is my one meal with carbs , again protein/ vegetables and one serving of potatoes or brown rice. Snacking in between meals is typically limited but if needed fruit, veggies, rice cakes, or small amounts of nuts.
To clarify I am doing low complex carbs but not keto.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise