Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Can I lose weight and drink a milkshake every day?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 11:17 pm
sorry for the drool guys!!!
yeah, I would love one also right now!!!
wow, 800 calories is toooons!! I have an allottment of 1300 calories per day (with 2000 calories for Friday and 2000 for Shabbos) for a total of 10,625 per week.
so if I have an 800 calorie shake....there's no food left basically!!!
basically, not sure if I can even swing it once a week....
does anyone know the rita ice milkshake calories?
it's a further drive for me, but probably worth it....
also, the whipped cream they put on the shakes is not so much, on nutritionix its 77 calories for half a cup (which is probably the amount that goes on top....)

watergirl

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 7:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
sorry for the drool guys!!!
yeah, I would love one also right now!!!
wow, 800 calories is toooons!! I have an allottment of 1300 calories per day (with 2000 calories for Friday and 2000 for Shabbos) for a total of 10,625 per week.
so if I have an 800 calorie shake....there's no food left basically!!!
basically, not sure if I can even swing it once a week....
does anyone know the rita ice milkshake calories?
it's a further drive for me, but probably worth it....
also, the whipped cream they put on the shakes is not so much, on nutritionix its 77 calories for half a cup (which is probably the amount that goes on top....)

With all due respect, why cant you google if you really want to know? It took me three seconds and I found all of Rita’s nutritional information for every product.

I am just seeing a sense of learned helplessness and not being willing to do your own learning here. 5 pages of you asking how you can get your daily ice-cream fix. If you truly wanted to know, you would do research and even better, speak to an RD.

The main thing that people are trying to tell you is everything in moderation works for most people (not diabetics or whomever has real health issues). Daily or a few times a week ice cream treats is not wise, no matter how many places around town you ask about on here.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 9:47 am
so confused....
thought this site was for ppl to share and have conversations, most of what ppl. discuss here- the info can be obtained elsewhere or be obtained independently....
thanks for all the responses guys!! extremely varied and I learned a lot!!
not planning on going to a nutritionist at this time, but thanks!
anyhow, my internet is mostly blocked...
if anyone has a good rita's shake to recommend, not so many calories and still really good...I was there only once, we have a chalav yisroel one near I live.....

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 10:06 am
ok, I found some info on nutritionix;
Rita's salted caramel milkshake small is 530 calories.
sounds a lot less than the other one with 3 scoops of ice cream (800-1000 calories?)
so while I wouldn't have this every day (I'd rather eat lunch) I think this is good for a once a week/every 2 weeks treat....
did anyone ever try it? was it good?

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 10:09 am
I wouldn’tbe surprised if you lose weight just from stopping milk shakes and having a normal balanced lunch

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 10:24 am
watergirl wrote:
With all due respect, why cant you google if you really want to know? It took me three seconds and I found all of Rita’s nutritional information for every product.

I am just seeing a sense of learned helplessness and not being willing to do your own learning here. 5 pages of you asking how you can get your daily ice-cream fix. If you truly wanted to know, you would do research and even better, speak to an RD.

The main thing that people are trying to tell you is everything in moderation works for most people (not diabetics or whomever has real health issues). Daily or a few times a week ice cream treats is not wise, no matter how many places around town you ask about on here.

I think this is a little unnecessarily harsh. It takes time to process new information, especially if it's very different than what you felt/thought/wanted to hear. It is entirely normal to repeatedly question a new idea if it's going to take some real adjustment to internalize.

Lots of times OPs seem to be not hearing you, but the information is just sinking in slowly. Just because the internet allows instant responses doesn't mean that human nature is up to instant growth.

I personally find that when on the taking end, the compassionate but honest responses are the ones I keep coming back to. And not always right away, either.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:02 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I think this is a little unnecessarily harsh. It takes time to process new information, especially if it's very different than what you felt/thought/wanted to hear. It is entirely normal to repeatedly question a new idea if it's going to take some real adjustment to internalize.

Lots of times OPs seem to be not hearing you, but the information is just sinking in slowly. Just because the internet allows instant responses doesn't mean that human nature is up to instant growth.

I personally find that when on the taking end, the compassionate but honest responses are the ones I keep coming back to. And not always right away, either.

Thanks for this! really appreciated!!
happens to be, I haven't had a milkshake since starting this thread!! so that's pretty good!! and I spoke to the owner about offering a skinny frappe, which she's really excited about....
this thread was extremely productive, don't see how anyone can be reading 5 pages of the same thing when I clearly reported my conversation with the owner and that I had different foods instead of my daily milkshake, I don't need the applause, but I wouldn't call that 5 pages of same question, or the OP just ignoring all the responses.....
anyhow, this thread was a big eye opener, I really thought I was drinking 450 calories and was wondering why I didn't lose, now I know why!! I'm looking forward to next week, hoping to lose a pound and report it here!!

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 8:35 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
I wouldn’tbe surprised if you lose weight just from stopping milk shakes and having a normal balanced lunch

Many years ago my dad switched from drinking Koolaid to drinking seltzer. He dropped 20 lbs.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 8:51 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Many years ago my dad switched from drinking Koolaid to drinking seltzer. He dropped 20 lbs.

Wow, that's amazing. I know someone who switched from cola to diet cola and she also lost significantly....
I found this peanut butter ice cream that's 130 calories for the cup and it's amazing!! so I'm thinking to stick with that and then eat real food for the rest of the day......

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 10:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow, that's amazing. I know someone who switched from cola to diet cola and she also lost significantly....
I found this peanut butter ice cream that's 130 calories for the cup and it's amazing!! so I'm thinking to stick with that and then eat real food for the rest of the day......

I used to drink regular soda daily and I dropped 8 lbs in a month just by switching to diet soda!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 11:02 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I used to drink regular soda daily and I dropped 8 lbs in a month just by switching to diet soda!

Wow!! we got serious evidence right here!! that's amazing!! you probably feel great!! I made myself a menu for tom including foods like avacado/eggs/whole grain bread/nuts/brown rice/salmon/high fiber pasta/broccoli with some healthy snacks (oatmeal muffin, oatmeal cookie, peanut butter ice cream) - the calorie total was a bit over 1300 but I think that's fine because the food is so healthy. I'm really excited, just hope I can do it- I plan to take my kids to the pizza store tomorrow- so I might cave and order a vegetable slice instead of brown rice sushi like is on my menu....

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 11:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Can you give more info about that peanut butter ice cream?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 12:24 am
the peanut butter ice cream is confetti lite- it's chalav yisroel, it's sold in individual cups...it's 130 calories a portion, I saw on the ingredients it has peanuts (not peanut butter)
it tastes amazing!!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 1:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow!! we got serious evidence right here!! that's amazing!! you probably feel great!! I made myself a menu for tom including foods like avacado/eggs/whole grain bread/nuts/brown rice/salmon/high fiber pasta/broccoli with some healthy snacks (oatmeal muffin, oatmeal cookie, peanut butter ice cream) - the calorie total was a bit over 1300 but I think that's fine because the food is so healthy. I'm really excited, just hope I can do it- I plan to take my kids to the pizza store tomorrow- so I might cave and order a vegetable slice instead of brown rice sushi like is on my menu....

Exactly!! And I just switched one thing, everything else I continued to eat the same! That gave me an incentive to try and eat better too! I couldn't believe it when I saw the scale!! Be strong, like even if you get the vegetable slice at least you are switching your habits!
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise