Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
England lockdown
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 8:10 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Attacking "Stamford hill" rather that specific act is wrong.y.

I am not attacking Stamford Hill as a whole, but rather for a specific reason which is jeopardising the health and lives of אחינו בני ישראל and its subsequent חילול השם.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 8:12 pm
agree with Op
PLEASE for all of our sakes everyone everywhere we must meet this nisayon and pass it and remain b'achdus no matter what IY"H.

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 8:14 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I had my nails done is the summer at a local Stamford hill Chinese place. There was a black woman who was telling the owner how her brother in law (also black) emptied his large garage and sold beers £10 a bottle. He also asked for an entrance fee and made about 10 grand every night until he was shut down. Which at that point he didn't care as he had made his money and had enough to pay the fine too.

Hundreds of people attended every night.

Then the Chinese lady was saying that she kept open in lockdown in her back garden.

So don't tell me that Stamford hill frum Jews are the ones flouting the lockdown rules.

We אידן are answerable to a Higher calling and are looked at and judged by the אימות העולם in a completely different manner. So please don't compare us to the גוים. We are not supposed to be the same like them or seek to copy them
Please also don't conveniently forget about our מצוה of ונשמרתם מאד, which the גוים don't have and anyhow as we know, they don't value life the way we אידן do.
And if we do indeed value life, we should be behaving in a manner which shows so.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 7:10 am
It is not for us to judge whether currently people are inviting too many people to Simchos, whether shops are open when they shouldn't be, whether shuls or schools are open when they shouldn't be.
Let us be "Besholom" with each other, Let us do the best that each one of us can to keep ourselves healthy in a difficult situation and let us be extremely grateful to the dedication and expertise of Hatzoloh where each time they go to a house of someone suspected of having Covid they are possibly risking their own lives in the process. We got through the first lockdown and this one is not as restrictive as the first one and IY"H we will get through this one as well.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 7:16 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
It is not for us to judge whether currently people are inviting too many people to Simchos, whether shops are open when they shouldn't be, whether shuls or schools are open when they shouldn't be.
Let us be "Besholom" with each other, Let us do the best that each one of us can to keep ourselves healthy in a difficult situation and let us be extremely grateful to the dedication and expertise of Hatzoloh where each time they go to a house of someone suspected of having Covid they are possibly risking their own lives in the process. We got through the first lockdown and this one is not as restrictive as the first one and IY"H we will get through this one as well.

I agree but I do feel like it's more restrictive because firstly it's the winter, and also we are in a worse position now than with the 1st lockdown. It's gone completely out of hand here and they're talking about making it even stricter although I'm not sure how unless they shut schools completely which will be a nightmare for us all Sad I feel like we're living through a nightmare!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 7:32 am
Please don’t judge!

Since March my kids have been in school:
September
October
November
December

In those 4 months we have yomim tovim and they each had two closures.

One of my sons has only had 3 full weeks of schooling since March.

We’re exhausted.

I do my best to keep to the guidelines.

Everyone should do their own cheshbon hanefesh.
We don’t require any wonderful Imas on here to do it on behalf of any individuals or societies.

G-d will judge you the way you judge others.

I hope everyone’s day is going well, and that you enjoy a rain free afternoon in a local park!

That’s what’s going to get us through today.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 7:39 am
I'm sickened by the accusations in this thread. I don't live in SH but I know many people there and I'm shocked by the blanket statements that are being made.

I know that the police have attended many shops and schools and allowed them to stay open so who are you to judge?

This really isn't a time to get picky. Everyone is struggling. Do what you gotta do to stay sane and be nice to one another.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 7:44 am
The first lockdown the doctors didn't know how to treat it because it was a new disease.
Now although we have to wait until we get it, at least there is light at the end of the tunnel because there are 2 vaccines available.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 8:00 am
I think it is so unfair of those who are blasting against SH and shops being open.
My heart goes out to all the shop owners who were closed for months, they tried their best to operate under these circumstances. We are talking about their parnasa, I'm sure they aren't working for fun. Bh all teachers, childcare workers, anyone that works in an office, lawyers, accountants, real estate etc, they are all back to work as normal now. I dont know anyone in these jobs who are closing their businesses now. And shopowners need their livelihood too. They have already lost so much, they've been offering endless sales which is unheard of in previous years.
And I for one really appreciate that these shops have found ways to open safely, because guess what, I need the products they sell.
And like a previous poster mentioned, it isnt only frum yiden. I've seen non Jewish high street shops open, we've seen non kosher pubs etc open from back alleys.
If you feel it is unsafe, absolutely no one is forcing you to go. But everyone is doing their utmost to survive, and for everyone that means sth else.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 8:18 am

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 8:20 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I think it is so unfair of those who are blasting against SH and shops being open.
My heart goes out to all the shop owners who were closed for months, they tried their best to operate under these circumstances. We are talking about their parnasa, I'm sure they aren't working for fun. Bh all teachers, childcare workers, anyone that works in an office, lawyers, accountants, real estate etc, they are all back to work as normal now. I dont know anyone in these jobs who are closing their businesses now. And shopowners need their livelihood too. They have already lost so much, they've been offering endless sales which is unheard of in previous years.
And I for one really appreciate that these shops have found ways to open safely, because guess what, I need the products they sell.
And like a previous poster mentioned, it isnt only frum yiden. I've seen non Jewish high street shops open, we've seen non kosher pubs etc open from back alleys.
If you feel it is unsafe, absolutely no one is forcing you to go. But everyone is doing their utmost to survive, and for everyone that means sth else.

Applause

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 8:50 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Some of these angry posts against previous posts are directed at what I wrote.

I clearly wrote I understand the shops need parnasah. But I don’t know why it can’t be done in a covid safe way, like call and collect. They will still get their sales and everyone will be safe.

I don’t like the comparison to the non Jews and the way they behave, we have always tried to hold ourselves higher than them. Why now when lives are at stake is that rhetoric being thrown about.

I’m not judging anyone, but merely stating facts -
that’s not judging. By airing my views, that’s not judging. I’m sorry if you felt that way. I’m a live and let live person, it doesn’t mean I can’t point things out.

I apologise and ask forgiveness if what I wrote hurt you.

I can’t accept apologies or grant forgiveness until you do as I asked.
You have derailed a thread that should have been supportive and positive.
You turned it sour.

There is a time and place to say whatever you would like to say.
This isn’t the place.

Please remove your inappropriate comments and create a spin-off airing all your views, ideas for safety, PSAs and ‘stating facts’.

Thank you

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 10:18 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Some of these angry posts against previous posts are directed at what I wrote.

I clearly wrote I understand the shops need parnasah. But I don’t know why it can’t be done in a covid safe way, like call and collect. They will still get their sales and everyone will be safe.

I don’t like the comparison to the non Jews and the way they behave, we have always tried to hold ourselves higher than them. Why now when lives are at stake is that rhetoric being thrown about.

I’m not judging anyone, but merely stating facts -
that’s not judging. By airing my views, that’s not judging. I’m sorry if you felt that way. I’m a live and let live person, it doesn’t mean I can’t point things out.

I apologise and ask forgiveness if what I wrote hurt you.

I'm not sure if you mean my post, but I'm not angry at you, or hurt.
I dont live anywhere near stamfordhill. My post was about the shops I know about that are doing what they can to stay open, and these are in other areas, not just sh. and as far as im aware they aren't any more unsafe than going to a grocery shop.
My only point was that its unfair to pounce on the shopowners when they are only trying to do their best, the same as everyone else.
I think posters mentioned non Jewish shops, because the first post implied that it is only frum businesses.
Noone I know is minimizing the threat of coronavirus, we are all very aware unfortunately. When people complain, or when they do things that may seem to others as non-compliant it is only because at the same time they cant otherwise survive in the here and now, and that is also a huge problem.

I'm not going to continue with this conversation since OP asked to stop. I just wanted to say that I'm not cv angry or hurt by you

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 10:37 am
Another point to take into account.

When someone visits SH and sees all the families walking around the place as if there is no lockdown, it's easy to start judging and accusing.

But what they dont understand is that almost no women drive here and have to walk the length and breadth of the area to get their arrends done.

Compared to GG, it looks so bad. But the people their are all in their cars and therefore aren't judged as harshly.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 5:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I can’t accept apologies or grant forgiveness until you do as I asked.
You have derailed a thread that should have been supportive and positive.
You turned it sour.

There is a time and place to say whatever you would like to say.
This isn’t the place.

Please remove your inappropriate comments and create a spin-off airing all your views, ideas for safety, PSAs and ‘stating facts’.

Thank you

As requested I have removed all my comments.

But just to point out, I didn’t derail the thread as you accused me of. I responded to other comments of a similar nature to mine but I wasn’t the first to comment in that regard on this thread. So thank you for the untrue and unfair accusations of turning your positive thread sour. And this message that you wrote to me was by far the most personally pointed sour post of them all.

Wishing you only the best.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:44 pm
It really doesn't seem much like lockdown tbh because most schools are open like normal. Not all and I struggle with homeschooling too.

There's no right or wrong with all this because its not black and white lots of it doesn't make sense.
But all I know is that its a nisayon for all of us, we are all finding it challenging in personal ways.
Therefore no judgements allowed.

We just need to remember Hashem is behind every single discomfort and frustration it brings us and behind every positive element covid has brought to the surface too.

Hatslocho to my fellow brits!!

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 5:29 pm
Hi
How is everyone managing here?
I hope things have gotten easier...?
How is day to day for everyone?

Bh Im managing so far.
Lit taking one day at a time.
I freak out whenevr one of my kids say they ont feel good.

My baby had an eye infection over the weekend and was os worried drs here would blame covid...
you know how it goes here stupid english protocol...

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 5:39 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Hi
How is everyone managing here?
I hope things have gotten easier...?
How is day to day for everyone?

Bh Im managing so far.
Lit taking one day at a time.
I freak out whenevr one of my kids say they ont feel good.

My baby had an eye infection over the weekend and was os worried drs here would blame covid...
you know how it goes here stupid english protocol...

I tested positive for the virus, and been unwell with it so my life is quite upside down right now. My kids went back to school for that one day after the holidays so I'm about ready to get back to some normal schedule although it's going to be far from normal.

My high school boys finish at 3.15 🤦‍♀️
And my younger ones in primary school finish really early as well. 2.45 and 3.15. I work until 1 and have to go fetch them every day.
That's my hectic life thanks to corona Sad
But I shouldn't complain because at least they're allowed back at school.

Refuah sheleima to your baby.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 5:44 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I tested positive for the virus, and been unwell with it so my life is quite upside down right now. My kids went back to school for that one day after the holidays so I'm about ready to get back to some normal schedule although it's going to be far from normal.

My high school boys finish at 3.15 🤦‍♀️
And my younger ones in primary school finish really early as well. 2.45 and 3.15. I work until 1 and have to go fetch them every day.
That's my hectic life thanks to corona Sad
But I shouldn't complain because at least they're allowed back at school.

Refuah sheleima to your baby.

Aw no!! How are you feeling?
So everyones home now then..., must be so difficult.
I know the early finishing times are so strange.

Thanks, bh he is fine now tg, managed to get him a prescription over the phone so no shlepping him to drs or hospital.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 5:52 pm
BH better every day. I was quite ill though, headaches, very tired, shortness of breath etc. Can't smell or taste which is frustrating!
Yes we've all been home, but tomorrow is our first day back to 'normal'

I just don't understand why, if they're in school anyway, why not all day?!

The menahel said that all the staff turned up so that's not the reason.
My high school kids have pre recorded phone lessons when they get home at 3.15. I'm not sure how well that will go down.

Happy to hear that you managed to get your baby a prescription. I'm finding getting medical care more and more difficult if it's not corona related Sad

My dd has to be seen by a Dr one of these days otherwise I'll go mad. Tried 2 different creams so far, both prescribed over phone appointments 🙄 after emailing pics of her skin. Who would've ever thought in 2021 can't get access to see a Dr?! Hashem should help.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics