Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
I’m still shaking- CAN WE PLEASE CHANGE THIS!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 2:54 pm
Just came home and my hands are literally shaking. I was driving full speed limit on rt 70 and getting off at the Lakewood ramp (by Ramada Hotel) the car in front of me comes to a complete STOP ON THE HIGHWAY! And I panicked Bec you don’t expect a car to come to a full stop fo no reason, I thought maybe he had a flat tire etc
I stopped short, and what I saw I literally could not believe my eyes. 3 SMALL CHILDREN the oldest could not have been more then 8 years old?! CROSSING RT 70 RAMP BY THE HIGHWAY. Strolling leisurely as if they were on 14th st or something. Besides that I almost got into a really bad accident myself if I wasn’t super alert, these kids were almost killed C’V!!!!

I’ve had incidents but this takes the cake. No adult, small short kids you can barely see, with zero regard to their safety and the safety of others! I almost was going to give the kids a ride so I can tell the mother. I really feel like for once and for all I must do SOMETHING.
Anyone have any advice?

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:01 pm
Frum??????

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:02 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
Frum??????

Ummm yes!!!!

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:02 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
Frum??????

Why does it matter?? It's dangerous in either case! The situation in Lakewood is beyond dangerous, it's pure nissim that people don't get killed on a daily basis?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:03 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Why does it matter?? It's dangerous in either case! The situation in Lakewood is beyond dangerous, it's pure nissim that people don't get killed on a daily basis?

Exactly! And I start to drive for 4 people now. Myself, the pedestrians and the other 2 cars around me 😖
But I can’t take it anymore!!!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:03 pm
Oh my I know that area, I had meetings in that hotel. Do chassidim live there now? That is terrifying. I have no advice though. Sad Unless you reach out to people in that community and help them start a safety campaign? That may be more work than you’re ready to take on though.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:05 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Oh my I know that area, I had meetings in that hotel. Do chassidim live there now? That is terrifying. I have no advice though. Sad Unless you reach out to people in that community and help them start a safety campaign? That may be more work than you’re ready to take on though.

I wish I knew of someone to contact. It’s getting worse and worse and I don’t want this to end with accidents and people getting hurt C”V

When will people wake up?! After precious children are killed C”V? Hundreds of accidents?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:05 pm
Was it frum though? I had someone run in front of my car when I was driving up the 9 to freehold. The guy scaled the wall (it was the divided part) and jumped right in front of my car. Nissim that I wasn’t driving that fast and was able to slow down enough that he’d moved out of my path. My husband said druggies are known to do that. Nothing really to do about it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:07 pm
Was it frum though? I had someone run in front of my car when I was driving up the 9 to freehold. The guy scaled the wall (it was the divided part) and jumped right in front of my car. Nissim that I wasn’t driving that fast and was able to slow down enough that he’d moved out of my path. My husband said druggies are known to do that. Nothing really to do about it.

Yes. 3 small Frum children. 😢

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:07 pm

It matters because if not, they're not on here to read this post.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:09 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....14004

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:10 pm
Maybe drivers should start hanging big signs around the neighborhood warning people of the dangers and that they should be more careful. You can also put in ads in the local weekly circulars.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:10 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=414004

I saw that thread but no one ever comes to a concrete solution. Just spinning round and round...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:11 pm
Maybe drivers should start hanging big signs around the neighborhood warning people of the dangers and that they should be more careful. You can also put in ads in the local weekly circulars.

I wish I could start a campaign but that costs a lot of money. Someone would need to sponsor it...

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:12 pm

Call every newspaper and write big letters there too. Hang signs in every complex etc. This is soooo dangerous!

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:14 pm

Can I ask why you specified chassidim? Just curious

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:17 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Can I ask why you specified chassidim? Just curious
They’re the ones moving into 70 area?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:17 pm
Team up with Hatzalah. A campaign is needed where people are taken for a ride in the front seat of a vehicle so they can see what it's like to be behind steel weighing a few tons with a carriage suddenly coming out in front. Realistically, the danger is not understood without being in that driver's/front passenger seat.
Imamother.com
Maybe they can make this more doable on a large scale with a virtual reality campaign where people feel like they are in the driver's seat and really "see" the danger and get that scare in the soul.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:19 pm
Google maps diagram if anyone want to know what I am referring to. Red lines is where they were crossing
https://I.imgur.com/I7pa9F8.jpg

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:20 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Team up with Hatzalah. A campaign is needed where people are taken for a ride in the front seat of a vehicle so they can see what it's like to be behind steel weighing a few tons with a carriage suddenly coming out in front. Realistically, the danger is not understood without being in that driver's/front passenger seat.
Imamother.com
Maybe they can make this more doable on a large scale with a virtual reality campaign where people feel like they are in the driver's seat and really "see" the danger and get that scare in the soul.

I think that’s the best way. But campaigns DO need budgets and sponsors and the end of the day. I’m going to email Hatzolah today
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries