Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Most affordable communities in Jerusalem
Previous  1  2

Colorpop

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:12 am
French Hill

salt

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 8:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I guess anywhere. I prefer Jerusalem for a gazillion reasons, but so does everyone else I'm sure. Our absolute needs are: Affordable, can get by with minimal at first but hopefully improving Hebrew, a Shul where we'd feel comfortable. My best guess about our closest "box" in Israel is Chardal, maybe more towards chareidi, but from what I know of Israel categories of frumkeit, chareidi is probably too much for us. Personally I would love a community where there's a mix and everyone is happy with each other, is that a thing? We need special needs resources (PT, OP, speech, special ed), and can't be too far from a pharmacy. Extra pluses that would make us happier: a calmer, quiet neighborhood, nicer, bigger living space. We hope to have a car.

I think I've said this before on this site but the difference between chardal and charedi is not more less frum or more frum, it's zionist and not zionist (or don't really care about zionism, not anti zionist).
It's not like charedi is a jump up in frumkeit from chardal.
That's what think anyway. Correct me, other Israeli's, if I'm wrong.

Regarding neighbourhoods in Jerusalem, I think Ramot and Har Choma are considered pretty expensive.
Have you said your budget, I don't remember seeing you post it.
How about somewhere in the Gush - Alon Shvut? Or Beit-el, a bit further away from Jerusalem.

gold2

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:38 am
try going on avira d'eretz yisrael group online. I think its more charedi though.
nbn also have a lot of info
yerushalayim is not affordable but some of the places are more expensive than others
if youre willing to be flexible about looking outside yerushalayim you will have many more affordable options

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 10:16 am
Check out ramot bet, lovely Anglo community that is very frum but not charadi. Afordable in Jerusalem terms.

Shuly

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:58 am
Are you going to send your sons to the army or do you want them to be long term learners?

If you can answer that question, I'll tell you where to live. Wink

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 2:48 pm
Op, I’ve heard very nice things about the Gush, especially regarding children’s education..
Can anyone here tell me if there is any private four bedroom home for sale anywhere in the state of Israel (but not over the green line), with not more than a half a million US dollar price tag? Young retiree, no school age children, would prefer mixed city (secular and religious) with the only requirement being to be some Anglo’s living there.
Anyone have any leads? Tia

tree of life

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:08 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Op, I’ve heard very nice things about the Gush, especially regarding children’s education..
Can anyone here tell me if there is any private four bedroom home for sale anywhere in the state of Israel (but not over the green line), with not more than a half a million US dollar price tag? Young retiree, no school age children, would prefer mixed city (secular and religious) with the only requirement being to be some Anglo’s living there.

Hi pm I give you number of real estate agent who maybe able to help you

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 4:01 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
The gush is lovely but not cheap. The prices just keep going up and up.
We bought a 140 meter apartment 4 years ago, on paper for 1.5m shekels.
You will almost definitely not find that price range and a private house in the same sentence Sad
And most definitely past the green line. And once anglos come into the picture, the price also rises.
You can
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions