Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Updated poll: do you avoid or limit indoor activities
Previous  1  2  3  4

What’s your covid risk tolerance now?
I don’t do anything different than I would have done a year ago pre COVID  
 34%  [ 117 ]
I limit my activities and try to be safe but not going to drive myself/my family crazy  
 41%  [ 141 ]
We don’t go anywhere or do anything unless absolutely necessary.  
 24%  [ 82 ]
Total Votes : 340

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 6:56 am
To the 59 people who voted that you are locked into your house for close to 10 months... I feel bad for you. Hope you got some sunlight or you’ll need to start taking a nice dose of vitamin D soon.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 6:56 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
There is a big spike in NY right now. Im surprised youre saying this

It depends where in ny
Some cities- most people had it and feel protected. Other places they are living in fear of possibility getting sick. All depends on the neighborhood really.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 7:00 am
flowerpower wrote:
To the 59 people who voted that you are locked into your house for close to 10 months... I feel bad for you. Hope you got some sunlight or you’ll need to start taking a nice dose of vitamin D soon.

That's not what the third option said.

I answered the third option, and we haven't been locked in our house at all.

The question is about indoor events--which wouldn't be providing vitamin D either.

There are many outdoor activities that were available for months and which we participated in if we felt they were managed appropriately. We do go to school and work now because there are protocols in place. We do still go outside, although less now and for shorter periods of time. We are not bored, and we are not going insane, and we regularly take a vitamin supplement even before COVID to accommodate living in a cold climate and maintaining Vitamin D. Tbh, most frum people, especially frum women, don't/can't get sufficient vitamin D without supplements. And most people were I live, Jewish or not, are Vitamin D deficient due to the climate (unless they supplement). (which is not that extreme 2 hours from NYC.)

Last edited by NotInNJMommy on Fri, Jan 08 2021, 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 7:37 am
flowerpower wrote:

How is this considered respectful? What if I had posted: For the 77 who answered that they're leading their normal lives ... I feel bad for you. Hope you don't kill your parents and live with the guilt for the rest of your lives. And hope the Gehinnom you'll get for the terrible Chillul Hashem you create won't be too bad.

If I posted that, it would rightfully be reported as a disrespectful and unprovoked on posters. So what right do you have to do the same to those who are following the guidance of their doctors and Rabbonim to try to keep their families safe and create a Kiddush Hashem?

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 7:50 am
flowerpower wrote:

The poll is about indoor activities. I don't know why people on imamother insist that everyone is "locked down" or "not living life" just because indoor activities are limited.

Because we are avoiding indoor socializing, we are actually spending much more time outside than in past years. In addition to in-person school, our kids have outdoor playdates. And DH and I get together with our own friends outdoors for drinks and schmoozing. Among other things, I have gone on miles and miles of walks with friends that I wouldn't otherwise have bothered with and gotten much needed exercise that way. Yes, I miss having Shabbos guests, but we are not locked in our house or close to it. Our vitamin D is just fine, thanks.

Lovable

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 9:22 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
How is this considered respectful? What if I had posted: For the 77 who answered that they're leading their normal lives ... I feel bad for you. Hope you don't kill your parents and live with the guilt for the rest of your lives. And hope the Gehinnom you'll get for the terrible Chillul Hashem you create won't be too bad.

If I posted that, it would rightfully be reported as a disrespectful and unprovoked on posters. So what right do you have to do the same to those who are following the guidance of their doctors and Rabbonim to try to keep their families safe and create a Kiddush Hashem?

You might want to take a chill pill. Seriously. No one is going to gehinom for living a normal life and no one is earning gan eden for following ridiculous political based decisions by our crazy government
Calm
Down
Maybe you do need some of that Fresh air you've been missing out on for the past 10 months

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 10:12 am
I voted the third option.

I go out walking with DH or a neighbor.

I do go out to one weekly activity with a small group of women. We sit somewhat spread out in a largish room but the person who sits closest to me did come down with Covid. BH I did not.

I don't go to simchos or stores. Although I did stop in to one simcha way at the beginning, said mazel tov and left.

(I am taking Vitamin D as well as bioflavinoids and zinc.)

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 10:41 am
I hate masks so I think twice about going some places like swimming pools because it requires a mask. I still take my kids to swimming but its pretty uncomfortable. only do it so that my dd can learn how to swim...

if not for masks I would probably be living pretty normally.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 10:57 am
I hope everyone here knows that if they do get covid, there are medications to take right away that will reduce symptoms and discomfort.
In the beginning, doctors really didn’t know what to do or how to treat so many people suffered tremendously. BH things are different now so please don’t live in fear that you might get sick and die.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:06 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I hope everyone here knows that if they do get covid, there are medications to take right away that will reduce symptoms and discomfort.
In the beginning, doctors really didn’t know what to do or how to treat so many people suffered tremendously. BH things are different now so please don’t live in fear that you might get sick and die.

I don't think most people who are lying low are doing so out of intense fear of illness and death, but I'll only speak for myself:

Of course, I don't want myself or my family to get sick. I am bh not living in fear either.

I want to minimize others getting sick or worse, people missing work/school, etc as a result of myself or my kids getting sick.

My children have many teachers over 50 and some teachers 70+.

I have many coworkers who are 50+ or otherwise have health issues, have elderly parents, or just also have kids. I don't want not only them missing work, but I also want their kids to not miss school either. I don't want their dependent elderly parents getting ill or worse.

I want to do my part to make this even less painful and devastating. It's not just about my household's health. I have no right to put others at more risk.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:23 am

Another recurring strawman. My husband and I aren't particularly worried about dying. The likelihood is miniscule for us. If we were seriously worried about dying, we wouldn't send our kids to school. Yes, getting COVID would be a large inconvenience for us, but probably not dangerous.

We do what we do primarily because we don't want to be inadvertent spreaders.

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 4:11 pm
I think the big question is whether you stay home if you have a mild cold or headache symptom. Especially if you've already had Covid.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 5:35 pm
flowerpower wrote:

Huh?? Is this sarcasm.

Im not saying that I would agree with their decision. ...but many people are now dead beacause of covid.

This is not a complete jokes and politics. Not my idea of humor at least TMI

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 5:03 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Like this post if you:

Avoid in store shopping (grocery/target/etc.)

due to COVID19 concerns.

I avoid shopping because I have a hard time wearing a mask.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 5:24 pm

FYI I have 2 relatives, one 42, the other 38 who were exposed and caught covid. They both went for plasma right away. 3-5 days later they both were admitted to the hospital for more than a week each. Yes, B”H one benched gomel on Shabbos and the other is back home, very weak and will please G-d bench next week, but to take this lightly is insane.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 5:26 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:

Beautifully stated and so true.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 5:29 pm

And ppl still die. I Know someone recently who died whose son is on the front lines of plasma drives. It isn’t 100% success rate
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics