Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shloime Zionce and Peter Santanello series on Chassidim
  1  2  3  17  18  19  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 10:47 pm
Anyone watch this on Youtube?
I enjoyed it very much. A refreshing positive perspective to chassidim.
I also find it interesting how Shloime takes Peter to all different chassidim all over Brooklyn and Monsey.
Peter Santanello has been putting out more of these clips, almost weekly. The latest one was a shabbos at a family (in Pomona? Trying to figure it out).

Anyway, what kind of chassid is Shloime Zionce?! Are there chabad chassidim with long payos and streimels? I've never personally encountered, but always learning something new. His wife is Mushky (I know this is quite a common Chabad name).

Before anyone bashes me - I'm only curious. I only have love for all Jews, especially chabad. I am only trying to broaden my understanding.

Stars

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 10:51 pm
Love the series too!

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 10:54 pm
Ha I was waiting for this this to get to imamother! I know his family, they're not chabad but not sure what chassides they are. I enjoyed it very much too!

proudmomma

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:04 pm
Peter is truly unique! He has no agenda or ulterior motive other than giving his viewers an authentic glimpse into different cultures worldwide. I truly enjoy his refreshingly positive outlook and am so happy Shloime got him to showcase Chisidim. It's incredible that for once they are projected in a positive light!

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:04 pm
Love, in general. It has a very interesting selection of people.

The most recent one was so weird to watch. And really interesting to hear the psaks on how to do the video on Shabbos. I really loved how he realistically showed the kids being kids.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:11 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

The most recent one was so weird to watch. And really interesting to hear the psaks on how to do the video on Shabbos. I really loved how he realistically showed the kids being kids.

Yes! Agree! Made me feel so much better about my own kids making messes lol. I always thought big huge fancy homes were always so neat and perfect (kidding... but only sort of)

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:12 pm
erased

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:16 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Those kids were completely out of control. I was actually cringing with embarrassment watching it.

I liked how Peter basically, unintentionally, gave them mussar at the end saying how it wasn't serious and how the women were less modest than he had expected.

So not. Kids are allowed to have a good time.

They were cousins? Friends? Anytime my boys get company, they do this...so normal and age appropriate.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone watch this on Youtube?
I enjoyed it very much. A refreshing positive perspective to chassidim.
I also find it interesting how Shloime takes Peter to all different chassidim all over Brooklyn and Monsey.
Peter Santanello has been putting out more of these clips, almost weekly. The latest one was a shabbos at a family (in Pomona? Trying to figure it out).

Anyway, what kind of chassid is Shloime Zionce?! Are there chabad chassidim with long payos and streimels? I've never personally encountered, but always learning something new. His wife is Mushky (I know this is quite a common Chabad name).

Before anyone bashes me - I'm only curious. I only have love for all Jews, especially chabad. I am only trying to broaden my understanding.

He grew up in Toronto Bobov and leans Breslov. He is so ehrlich and real and I am proud to know him in real life.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:21 pm
erased

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:22 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
He grew up in Toronto Bobov and leans Breslov. He is so ehrlich and real and I am proud to know him in real life.

So what's with the "Muskhy" and the huge photo of the Rebbe?

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So what's with the "Muskhy" and the huge photo of the Rebbe?

She grew up chassidish with a parent that had some chabad heritage, hence the name. The couple's house that they were in had a painting up of the lubavitcher rebbe.

QueensMama

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:27 pm
Those parenta are real people that will probably read this thread. Kids will be kids. You are not a kid, so I expect more from you...like deleting your nasty posts.

Last edited by QueensMama on Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:31 pm
QueensMama wrote:
Those parenta are real people that will probably read this thread. Kids will be kids. You are not a kid, so I expect more from you...like deleting your nasty posts.

I'm sorry I honestly figured it was staged. I can erase my posts but I cannot erase what was quoted so I guess those are your calls. I apologize.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:34 pm
Start here with the first of the series.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:37 pm
Shterny and her husband Eli are a most incredible couple!! She is Chabad and his family is Klausenburg from Union City.
The organization she founded, My Extended Family, and is at the helm of, with her husband's support was a feature article in Ami magazine about 3 weeks ago. An excellent read.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:41 pm
I've watched them all too.

I don't really understand why everyone thinks it's fake to have a psak that a [gentile] can video for his own desires. There's no issue being on camera. Causing a camera to go on is an issue, and only allowed if it's a psik reisha d'lo nicha lei like a security camera.
But if he's choosing what to film and they're not causing him to do the recording, what's the issue?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:46 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Shterny and her husband Eli are a most incredible couple!! She is Chabad and his family is Klausenburg from Union City.
The organization she founded, My Extended Family, and is at the helm of, with her husband's support was a feature article in Ami magazine about 3 weeks ago. An excellent read.

Remind me what the article is about. And these are shloimy zionce in laws?

Im really loving this series.

Fox

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:50 pm
I've been posting links to some of this series for non-Jews who have limited knowledge about Orthodox Jews in general, and the response has been absolutely amazing. Very, very heartening.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:52 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Remind me what the article is about. And these are shloimy zionce in laws?

Im really loving this series.

Eli & Shterny are too young to be Shloime's in-laws. Smile
Page 1 of 19   1  2  3  17  18  19  Next Recent Topics