Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What messy thing has your toddler done lately?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 7:47 am
s/o of the thread where a poster said kids are out of control for normal behaviors.
What messy thing has your toddler done lately?
Mine put his hands in ketchup and tried to use it as paint to color his plate.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 7:59 am
My daughter got some sort of slime/silly putty from her bus monitor, and it went straight into her blankie.... wishing only blessings upon the bus monitor but why do the kids need to get junk food and prizes every single day??

rgr

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 8:03 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
My daughter got some sort of slime/silly putty from her bus monitor, and it went straight into her blankie.... wishing only blessings upon the bus monitor but why do the kids need to get junk food and prizes every single day??
try washing it with vinegar

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 8:05 am
My 1.5 y/o spilled a drop of milk while eating cereal, asked for a napkin to wipe it up. Then of course had to spill out the rest of the milk because wanted more to clean up.
And the cheerios followed that, then got squished between pudgy fingers...
You get the idea.
But it looked like such fun, how could I stop it?

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 9:14 am
One of her favorite activities - finding the salt and pouring it everywhere. BH a relatively cheap and easy to clean mess, as messes go.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 9:57 am
Spilled out a whole bag of confectionary sugar. Then tracked it all over the house. It took at least 3 washes to de-sticky the floors. The joys...šŸ˜œ

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:01 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
One of her favorite activities - finding the salt and pouring it everywhere. BH a relatively cheap and easy to clean mess, as messes go.

My daughter poured an overflowing cup of salt for herself last week. Thankfully I turned my head fast enough before she attempted to drink it.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:02 am
Asked for a matza-cream cheese sandwich then promptly put the matza on the floor and stomped on it, feeling it crumble between her toes.

She looooves to color on her face with markers. I think the pressure actually feels interesting and good to her, itā€™s not about looks because she always looks so surprised when I hold her up to a mirror afterwards.

Love my baby girl šŸ„°

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:03 am
My daughter helped herself to my makeup drawer while I was in the bathroom. She had blush and lipstick all over her face. At least it was just the face and not the clothes and furniture.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:11 am
Happily ate out of a container hot cocoa. Then brought his fixer trucks to ply with the healing pile of ā€˜sandā€™ all over the floor, walls, counters and whatnot.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:20 am
My toddlers are well into adulthood but two of them each managed to flush something down the commode that required the plumbers to actually remove the toilet from the floor to get the items. One child flushed a bar of soap which you think would have dissolved and the other child flushed a Little Tykes salt and pepper shaker from their play kitchen. So not too messy other than an overflowing of water (luckily no one had actually USED the bathroom when tossing these items) but it was embarrassing to have a bathroom appliance sitting on my front lawn for a couple of hours for all the neighbors to see.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:22 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Happily ate out of a container hot cocoa. Then brought his fixer trucks to ply with the healing pile of ā€˜sandā€™ all over the floor, walls, counters and whatnot.

My (now older) son did this too! He called it the ā€œchocolate milk streetā€ and his construction vehicles were so happy and busy!

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:01 am
My toddler served himself cereal for breakfast and poured the whole bottle of milk into his bowl. Lets just say it did not all fit inside .

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 1:32 pm
Where should I start with my 2 dcs? With the bottle of shampoo that got squeezed out all over the chair in the kids bedroom, over their heads and made a trail all the way to the bathroom? With the time they decided to wash the house and filled up their bottles with water and poured it down the stairs and all over the house? With the time they blocked up the sink and left the tap running so it flooded the floor and then leaked down from the bathroom into my kitchen below? With the time they raided my kitchen and made a party using my cocoa, milk, pasta, rice and anything else they could find and poured it all over the floor? Or the time they decided they were thirsty and opened every carton of apple juice in the house and then poured the rest on the floor? And so many more that I can't even think of.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 1:44 pm
My kids played swimming pool with their dolls. All over the kitchen floor. Hey, at least it was water and my floor was clean after!

PeanutMama

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 2:31 pm
My son opened a can of breadcrumbs and spilled the entire thing on the floor and dug his hands into it.

When a kid is quiet, you know thereā€™s trouble!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics