Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/O is it cheaper to finance a new car or lease?
Previous  1  2

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 8:55 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I am currently paying for a financed (used) minivan about $200.00 a month.

But I financed a while ago, not sure what the rates are now.
which model is it? (I can pm of you dont want to post publicly and don't mind if I pm)
How old was it when you bought it?

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 8:56 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
which model is it? (I can pm of you dont want to post publicly and don't mind if I pm)
How old was it when you bought it?

Can you pm me? It's a cheaper minivan, lol, not a Toyota sienna.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 8:57 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Can you pm me? It's a cheaper minivan, lol, not a Toyota sienna.

Pming you thanks

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:18 pm
We recently financed a 2016 Toyota Sienna. Paying appx $330 per month, the same price we paid for our Chrysler Pacifica lease.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:22 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
We recently financed a 2016 Toyota Sienna. Paying appx $330 per month, the same price we paid for our Chrysler Pacifica lease.

How many years is the financing for?
Did you have a down payment?

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:27 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Are you in the business? Was thinking about trading in my car (very low mileage) for a new one, and not sure of the best way to go about it.

Yes I am. Go to any reliable Jewish car dealer and ask them to give you a price on your car. They should be able to give you one in about 15 min.

Prices may fluctuate from dealer to dealer slightly depending on the quality vehicles they sell and how much work they would be putting into it before selling it retail or if sending to auction direct. When you sell you car and buy a car from the same dealer you can save a lot of money on taxes Bec you will only pay on the net sale. Example: purchase is 20k trade in value is 10k you will only pay taxes on 10k and the percentage varies from state to state.

That’s trading in to a dealer.
There are online trade in options such as caravana which is reliable and will sometimes give you more than local dealer but keep in mind the taxes savings...

Your best bet is always to sell to end user because you’ll get the most money that way. When you trade it in to a dealer we still need to do repairs and might sell it at wholesale again and we obviously don’t do it for free...
it’s difficult usually to find a buyer on your own that has the ability to pay and not finance but it is possible.

There’s a guy the car shadchan that helps facilitate such deals and lots of people use him. I don’t have his contact info but I believe he charges 300 from the buyer and seller..
hope this helps

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:29 pm

There are a lot of factors that go into pricing. No 16 siennas are exactly alike.
There’s mileage, trim, usage, accident reports...
Such a minivan can be 12k or 19500...

You don’t have to put down money if you have amazing credit but lenders do like to see that you are invested in the purchase and will usually give a lower interest rate if you put down money.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:30 pm

5-6 years. No down payment.

We were gonna take a 2018 for a bit more money, but it had a serious accident reported on carfax. The 2016 had 2 minor reported and was way better taken care of. A test drive confirmed that too.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:33 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
There are a lot of factors that go into pricing. No 16 siennas are exactly alike.

You don’t have to put down money if you have amazing credit but lenders do like to see that you are invested in the purchase and will usually give a lower interest rate if you put down money.

Correct. Our dealer had a few 16s and none were the same price.
Low mileage was a big factor for us.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:39 pm

I don't mind putting money down.
Any reccs in Tristate area?

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:12 am
Yes I am. Go to any reliable Jewish car dealer and ask them to give you a price on your car. They should be able to give you one in about 15 min.

Prices may fluctuate from dealer to dealer slightly depending on the quality vehicles they sell and how much work they would be putting into it before selling it retail or if sending to auction direct. When you sell you car and buy a car from the same dealer you can save a lot of money on taxes Bec you will only pay on the net sale. Example: purchase is 20k trade in value is 10k you will only pay taxes on 11k and the percentage varies from state to state.

There are online trade in options such as caravana which is reliable and will sometimes give you more than local dealer but keep in mind the taxes savings...

Your best bet is always to sell to end user because you’ll get the most money that way. When you trade it in to a dealer we still need to do repairs and might sell it at wholesale again and we obviously don’t do it for free...
it’s difficult usually to find a buyer on your own that has the ability to pay and not finance but it is possible.

There’s a guy the car shadchan that helps facilitate such deals and lots of people use him. I don’t have his contact info but I believe he charges 300 from the buyer and seller..
hope this helps

Thank you for the information. I had thought of going directly to the dealer (Honda), but I was wary.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:17 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Thank you for the information. I had thought of going directly to the dealer (Honda), but I was wary.

The dealers are notorious for ripping people off. I Wouldn’t go there.

In response to the other poster looking for a recommendation. I don’t want to out myself. Ask around from people who have purchased cars recently. Read reviews...

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:10 pm

Prices may fluctuate from dealer to dealer slightly depending on the quality vehicles they sell and how much work they would be putting into it before selling it retail or if sending to auction direct. When you sell you car and buy a car from the same dealer you can save a lot of money on taxes Bec you will only pay on the net sale. Example: purchase is 20k trade in value is 10k you will only pay taxes on 10k and the percentage varies from state to state.

hope this helps

Can you recommend a reliable jewish car dealer in Brooklyn?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics