Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Crowd pleasing chicken for Shabbos
1  2  Next

cbg

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:18 am
Other than duck sauce chicken
Looking for both sweet and savory
Nothing with too many steps or complicated
Also not tons or very expensive ingredients

cuffs

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:21 am
Everyone loves this from baby to grandparents.
Slice an onion place on the bottom of the pan, place chicken thighs with skin on, on top.
Spice the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika
In a small bowl mix together, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup honey, tablespoon of mustard
Mix. Pour over chicken
Bake chicken covered tightly for 2-3 hours
Yum!

EsG

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:27 am
Use chicken legs/ thighs. Take chicken skin off. Fry up 1 or 2 onions in olive oil. Mix in 1 cup of ketchup and a pack of onion soup mix (or half if you want to cut down on salt). Spread on top of chicken. Bake covered for 1-1.5 hrs.

Soft, savory, delicious chicken.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:35 am
I don't do sweet chicken but it does have a sweetness to it.
Saute a Tbsp. of mustard seed in a little oil till they start to pop. Add one to two large onions, sliced, saute till slightly soft. Add maybe 1/4 c. dry white wine and simmer till it reduces. (You can also add mushrooms.) You can also add Trader Joe umami powder.
Drizzle 1 chicken cut up or 4 legs with white wine in pan. Sprinkle salt, umami powder, mustard powder over it. Cover with onions. Bake.
If there's gravy, it's amazing. Save it.

cbg

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:42 am
Keep them coming

mdogzz

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:20 am
Take skin off of chicken bottoms and chicken tops
Cut up zuchini into bug chunks
Add baby carrots, green beans, and an onion

Pour oj and lemon juice on top of everything
Put salt, black pepper, onion powder, and paprika

Cook covered for 2 and a half hours

Java

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:26 am
cuffs wrote:
Slice an onion place on the bottom of the pan, place chicken thighs with skin on, on top.
In a small bowl mix together, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup honey, tablespoon of mustard
Mix. Pour over chicken
Yum!

This sounds heaven!! What temperature do you bake it at?

watergirl

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:27 am
My simple roasted chicken gets the most compliments and everyone eats it. Also it's simple - a back to basics recipe. People spend so much time making interesting and unique, the simple is a surprise and people love it.

Lay sliced onions on the bottom of the pan. Put chicken on top, with the skin. Use whatever pieces you like. Generously sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and if you want to be really fancy, add onion soup mix. Drizzle a bit of whatever oil you like over it. Cover and bake and then uncover for the last 30 mins. Simple and delicious and even picky eaters love it.

We forgot about simple... we need to bring it back. Its the best.

cbg

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 12:55 pm
watergirl wrote:
My simple roasted chicken gets the most compliments and everyone eats it. Also it's simple - a back to basics recipe. People spend so much time making interesting and unique, the simple is a surprise and people love it.

Lay sliced onions on the bottom of the pan. Put chicken on top, with the skin. Use whatever pieces you like. Generously sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and if you want to be really fancy, add onion soup mix. Drizzle a bit of whatever oil you like over it. Cover and bake and then uncover for the last 30 mins. Simple and delicious and even picky eaters love it.

This was exactly what I was thinking of doing
Maybe add some potato, sweet potato, carrot
Like a one pan meal type in of thing
There will be other options too
Roast, rice veggies and a big green salad

watergirl

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 12:57 pm
cbg wrote:
Roast, rice and veggies

Just make sure you park the veggies under the chicken. For some reason when I make it all in one pan, the vegetables never cook. I have NO idea why. I have better results when I make the potatos in their own pan.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 12:59 pm
cbg wrote:
Roast, rice veggies and a big green salad

If you use a double size 9x13 pan, and lay out everything in one layer with chicken side by side with root vegetables (instead of veggies underneath chicken), the chicken and veggies will roast beautifully without getting soggy.

cbg

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 2:04 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If you use a double size 9x13 pan, and lay out everything in one layer with chicken side by side with root vegetables (instead of veggies underneath chicken), the chicken and veggies will roast beautifully without getting soggy.

Thanks for the tip Great advise

Tzippy323

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 2:07 pm
Easy, fast, and delicious. Start by getting a box of potato latke mix. Make it according to directions, but let it sit a little longer so it thickens up. Stuff some of the mixture under the skin of each piece of chicken. Make a mix of olive oil, paprika, black pepper, sage, and thyme. Shmear gently on the top of each piece. Cover very tightly. Bake for 2 hours at 375 degrees.

PSmommy

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 3:37 pm
watergirl wrote:

Can this be served Shabbos day?

mushkamothers

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 3:45 pm
Chicken confit yummy
Garlic heads sliced in half (leave paper)
Dill
Chicken on top
Pour at least half cup oil
Whole carrots sliced lengthwise
Lemon slices, seeds removed

BrisketBoss

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 5:20 pm
watergirl wrote:

And do I have it right that no ingredient in this recipe contains salt (aside from the koshering process of the chicken, I guess)? So interesting.

Cheiny

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 5:39 pm
cbg wrote:
Other than duck sauce chicken
Looking for both sweet and savory
Nothing with too many steps or complicated
Also not tons or very expensive ingredients

We like corn flake chicken. Smear mayo mixed with ketchup or bbq sauce, and spices n chicken, dip in crumbs, bake.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 24 2022, 7:55 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
And do I have it right that no ingredient in this recipe contains salt (aside from the koshering process of the chicken, I guess)? So interesting.

Onion soup mix has sodium.
I don't add sodium to some chicken recipes, e.g. soup. Kosher chicken is already a little salty.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Jul 24 2022, 8:34 am
cuffs wrote:
Mix. Pour over chicken
Yum!

Oven temperature please.

shanie5

Post Sun, Jul 24 2022, 10:34 pm
McCormic montreal chicken spice. Sprinkle generously over (bone in) chicken. Bake uncovered 2 hours @350.
Simple and delicious.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey