Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How much money do I need to make?

mamabird73

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 8:11 pm
I'm very seriously considering Aliyah with my family of five. Since my husband and I are weighing employment options, I'm trying to get a sense of how much money we would need to bring in in order to be financially stable. I read that the average household earns around $4,000/month. Does this seem accurate?

I would be planning on living in an area with Anglos, so I know that will mean my expenses will be higher. Besides for that, I would be looking to settle in a yishuv. Hopefully one that is not on the higher end financially.

Any input appreciated. 😊

Rappel

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:52 pm
Very accurate... Though, as with everywhere, your expenses trend to go up if your kids are teens. With babies, we are comfortable on 9,000 shekels a month, but we're not saving much. Once they grow older, I hear the grocery bill skyrockets. Smile

Mazal tov! What are your professions? Are you looking into communities? How can I help?

ETA - We have a car, and pay rent on a 3 bedroom house+garden.

Last edited by Rappel on Mon, Jan 11 2021, 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 2:35 am
Were a family out of 5 in RBS. We live comfortably on 15,000Nis. That includes a high mortgage and a car. We could probably live on 12k with a smaller mortgage and no car. Neither of these budgets include many luxuries, but enough money for all our needs, bH!

Best of luck!!

chanchy123

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 2:43 am
Please note, that the dollar value is very low compared to the shekel right now. $4,000 is not much more than 12,000 shekel, not that much for a family of 5.

mamabird73

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 5:29 pm
Thanks, everyone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions