Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Schools in south florida hard to get into?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 5:54 pm
We are looking to move to south Florida and I applied to a few high schools for my children for next year.I have boys and girls that we are looking for. Right now I am waiting to be given an interview for them but I am freaking out. Are the high schools in south Florida as hard to get into as the high schools in NJ?
I had a really hard time getting one of my daughters into high school. She is a great girl, good sense of humor, ok grades but for different reasons she was rejected time after time and I don;t think I can deal with that again. Please let me know, only if you personally know, if it is the same in South Florida- Miami,Boca,Hollywood- we are applying all over.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 6:04 pm
I was told that some schools in Boca aren’t running to accept all new kids moving to town. My friend who lived in Boca laughed that Lakewood has such a bad reputation with schools when some towns won’t accept kids no matter what.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 6:07 pm
so Boca isn't accepting any new kids?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 6:08 pm
do you know which schools they said thay about?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 6:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
so Boca isn't accepting any new kids?

She didn’t say that. Just that every kid isn’t guaranteed a spot. Said ppl move there before applying assuming it’s guaranteed bec they live there - but it is not.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 6:20 pm
I hear. That is why I am freaking because our whole move is depending on my children getting into high schools and it is totally not in my control. Do the majority of people that apply get in?

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 8:34 pm
It's not at all like lakewood. If you're talking about a girl who fits into the school (and I don't mean fitting into a tiny little box, just the basic academic, behavior, and religious observance) and they have room in the class, I wouldn't expect be turned away. If you are stuck on one school and that class is bursting at the seams, you're probably out of luck. Otherwise it should be fine. People shouldn't move anywhere without confirming a place for each child in school, mainly for the reason that they can only accommodate a given number of students per class.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics