Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Vision changes due to corona?

busymum

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 3:38 am
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a deterioration in vision during/post corona?
I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not..

Sake

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 8:54 am
Yes!! And hearing. I'm not sure if it's due to pressure in my head that will pass or if its here to stay. But I do know that both went along with taste and smell.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 9:10 am
Yes to vision problems! Anyone have dizziness while standing months after COVID?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 9:20 am
Yes to vision problems! I actually have an appt. To the eye doctor. Had corona 2 month ago and a month ago I noticed I am seeing blurry. Sometime one eye. Sometimes both.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 9:48 am
I’m in my late 40’s and about 8 months ago, I started needing reading glasses. Never needed them before. I contributed it to my age, but it might have to do with the virus.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 9:50 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Yes to vision problems! Anyone have dizziness while standing months after COVID?

Yes!
Pots is very common post Covid.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:00 am
Sake wrote:
Yes!! And hearing. I'm not sure if it's due to pressure in my head that will pass or if its here to stay. But I do know that both went along with taste and smell.

If your hearing was effected you must treat it asap!!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:04 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I’m in my late 40’s and about 8 months ago, I started needing reading glasses. Never needed them before. I contributed it to my age, but it might have to do with the virus.

Of course it's due to age! Presbyopia is inevitable, but age varies. But most women your age start needing reading glasses.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:11 am
My eyes were burning so bad for months, and saline eye drops did nothing. Even eye ointment wasn't working. I just thought my eyes were tired because it gets worse in the evening.

It turns out that an auto-immune reaction was triggered by Covid, and my body basically started attacking my eyelid margins and eyelash roots.

Three times a day I have to gently wash my eyelids and eyebrows with some baby shampoo, dry them, and then apply a special antibiotic cream mixed with some coconut oil. Coconut oil is very soothing anti inflammatory, anti bacterial anti microbial, and helps your skin absorb the antibiotic cream more effectively.

My doctor said that this may be permanent, and it will just have to be part of my daily routine. If it clears up I could stop for a while, but it can come back any time with no warning.

In the meantime, I'm not allowed to wear any eye makeup at all. Teary Eyed

busymum

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 1:43 pm
Mine is a sudden noticeable deterioration in distance vision. I wear multi focal lenses and have had a stable prescription for some years. When I emerged from corona I noticed difficult in seeing signs when driving. I never had any sore or weeping eyes while I was sick..

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 3:27 pm
my dd had significant worsening of her vision after getting corona, however at the time the dr and I attributed it to being indoors in quarantine and zoom for months, and having little distance viewing. I dont think it was due to getting coronavirus. I think it was due to the indoor quarantine and never going out.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 8:14 pm
Anyone have increased eye inflammation, not vision changes?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 8:38 pm
Vision changes, dizziness, taste and smell gone, these are all symptoms of post infectious neuroinflammation. Taking down the inflammation will address the root causes of the symptoms. Thiamine and magnesium depletion during acute illness is one of the most common causes of neuroinflammation and autonomic dysfunction after infections. High doses of both to bring cellular reserves back up can do wonders.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 8:57 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Vision changes, dizziness, taste and smell gone, these are all symptoms of post infectious neuroinflammation. Taking down the inflammation will address the root causes of the symptoms. Thiamine and magnesium depletion during acute illness is one of the most common causes of neuroinflammation and autonomic dysfunction after infections. High doses of both to bring cellular reserves back up can do wonders.

Thanks for this post. I know of a child experiencing one of the symptoms you mentioned. The child will now take these supplements.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics