Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Intense baby = intense child?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:16 am
I have a baby who is super intense. He's also very loving and playful bh. But gets frustrated, eats with such an intensity, takes things seriously, fusses whenever he gets a diaper change just to show his displeasure.
He is close to 1 kh.

If you had an intense baby, is he now an intense child

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:20 am
My intense baby is an intense child. It’s her personality. As she gets older (she’s 3 now) I help her manage her emotions and express herself effectively and appropriately. She’s always been extremely expressive and emotive though, from her earliest infancy!

I love it. She’s tons of fun and adds a spark and a sparkle to every day!

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:21 am
Yes. Mine was never laid back. She’s 6 now. She’s smart and curious and funny but she’s the the same as she was

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:23 am
Many people say that difficult babies make easy kids, and easy babies become difficult kids.

Other people say that this is an old wives' tale, and that every kid is different.

I say that you shouldn't project any expectations on your kid. Let them show you who they are, as they grow. You'll "learn on the job."

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:23 am
I used to describe the difference between her happiness and her twin brother’s happiness like this: His happiness is a reflection of the gentle warmth of the Shechina. Her happiness is excitement over having just gone on the best roller coaster EVER and you MUST COME JOIN HER ON IT RIGHT NOWWWWW!!!!!

She plays hard, loves hard, fights hard, tries hard, and loves hard some more! My daughter does no emotion halfway!

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:26 am
My intense baby is now a very intense child. BH he doesn’t have any cognitive or behavioral issues, but he’s very smart, requires near constant interaction with us, is very sensitive, passionate, very verbal. I love him more than anything in the world, but he is much more difficult than our others.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:38 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
My intense baby is now a very intense child. BH he doesn’t have any cognitive or behavioral issues, but he’s very smart, requires near constant interaction with us, is very sensitive, passionate, very verbal. I love him more than anything in the world, but he is much more difficult than our others.

You're describing my daughter literally to the T. She's 8 now, was my hardest baby and still is my hardest child. She requires the most attention of all.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:48 am
You're all scaring me lol. I already have a very intense child who is very smart and compassionate but feels things very strongly. It's been a long amd difficult road and bh we are in a great place now but it took years of work, therapy and crying lol. Bh no behavior problems in school and is the sweetest child but when this child gets set off it is difficult to pull back in. Although this child was a super calm and easy baby. My current baby seems very intense and bright bh and I don't know if I have enough energy left for another child like I described above TMI

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:49 am
When you all write you had intense babies - what were they doing that you would say they are intense

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:24 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
You're describing my daughter literally to the T. She's 8 now, was my hardest baby and still is my hardest child. She requires the most attention of all.

Any advice for me? My ds is nearly 6. It’s such a struggle parenting him sometimes Sad

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When you all write you had intense babies - what were they doing that you would say they are intense

Needed to be held constantly, much more than a “normal” baby. Couldn’t put down for more than a minute til he was maybe 6 mos. Wouldnt go in a swing, stroller, bouncer. Cried a lot, very loud, as a toddler lots of screaming until he learned how to talk. Sometimes constant screaming and crying.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:28 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Any advice for me? My ds is nearly 6. It’s such a struggle parenting him sometimes Sad

The funny thing is she's an angel in school. Her teachers don't stop saying how mature she is. She's so sensitive to others and can cry when a girl gets punished. But at home, omg! She takes every ounce of energy out of me. She talks and complains non stop. She taught me what having patience for kids really means and bh it's gotten better over the years. I learnt to recognize her needs and that she needs me to really listen to her, coddle her, and give her my fullest attention.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

She cried non stop and is still crying non stop 8 years later...... constantly complaining and finding boo boo's all day and demands a lot of individual attention. But when she's happy and calm, she's so mature and smart. It's like she has 2 personalities.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:32 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
The funny thing is she's an angel in school. Her teachers don't stop saying how mature she is. She's so sensitive to others and can cry when a girl gets punished. But at home, omg! She takes every ounce of energy out of me. She talks and complains non stop. She taught me what having patience for kids really means and bh it's gotten better over the years. I learnt to recognize her needs and that she needs me to really listen to her, coddle her, and give her my fullest attention.

That’s how he is at school too! So concerned for others, empathetic, quiet and follows rules. And then he’s a beast at home and it’s hard to give the others any attention!

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:34 am
Intense baby became an intense child. Strong emotions in all extremes. Strong joy, saddness, fear... Lots of fun, lots of work. A delicious girl though, such an amazing soul.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 12:00 pm
My most intense baby is now 10 BH. He is extremely intelligent and has beautiful middos. I thank Hashem every day for him! Yes he's probably more sensitive than most kids but I see that as a plus- he is sensitive to other too, way beyond his years.

farmom

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 12:14 pm
Not only do I find that my children's personality is already visible as a young baby, even my labors with each expressed the baby's personality Surprised
My babies who were born late, super long labors are total Mommy's kids, and my baby that was born way before I was ready in a super intense labor is my most intense kid, who, from the moment they wake up, is wide awake and moving.

I wonder if anyone else has this experience.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 12:18 pm
My experience was different. Dd was a very intense baby. She cried a lot and had intense reactions often. As a toddler, she would have extreme tantrums when she was the slightest bit frustrated.
She grew into an easygoing, happy child. She is now a teen and is a blessing and a source of tremendous joy to her teachers, friends and our family.

honeymoon

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 12:48 pm
My very intense child was the gentlest, happiest, sweetest baby. She smiled instead of cried when she wanted to eat or be changed. She was like a porcelain doll.

Boy am I glad she's made of flesh and not porcelain. She would have long been shattered from her intensity.

She's also incredibly talented, smart and intuitive. She was a good deal, I say so myself.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 12:52 pm
My easy baby is now an intense child, so I don’t think you can predict anything.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics