Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
American Dream mall- separate swimming mid winter?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 5:23 pm
Will the American Dream mall be having separate hours for their water park over mid-winter vacation, as they did on Chanukah?

We have midwinter Jan 28- February 2.

Thanks!!!

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 5:40 pm
They usually advertise a week or so before, look out for their advertisements.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 12:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Will the American Dream mall be having separate hours for their water park over mid-winter vacation, as they did on Chanukah?

We have midwinter Jan 28- February 2.

Thanks!!!

chaya35

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 3:29 pm
saw on lchaimamericandream instagram that having womens/girls night Jan 31 can get tickets at midwintersplash.com

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 8:15 pm
It’s not the first time there is a ladies night.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 8:17 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
It’s not the first time there is a ladies night.

Thinking the same. There was a ladies night on chanukah.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 8:22 pm
I wish it was during the day which would make it much more doable to take the kids.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 8:34 pm
I see admission is $99. I hope that includes people to enforce the lines. I used to go to Sahara Sam's and I once waited about an hour for the slide with my daughters, while groups of teenagers would just cut the line over and over again. I tried to stop them but the pushed passed me. Nobody was responsible for them? Whoever brought them should have been in charge.

I still remember the look of shock on the non-Jewish employee's faces at the rudeness. I never went back again, and I certainly wouldn't pay $99 each for this new park unless I had assurance that there would be enforcement of rules.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:24 am
so a few hours in a water park for me and my 3 girls is $400?!?!?!

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:32 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
so a few hours in a water park for me and my 3 girls is $400?!?!?!

Admission to the waterpark is always $90 in general. It costs more to rent out the entire park so they have to charge more admission. You pay more for having separate girls hours.
Most waterparks admission are expensive.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:42 am
Sounds really safe to pack hundreds or thousands of people into a water park indoors. Are people not afraid of Chillul Hashem?

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:46 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Sounds really safe to pack hundreds or thousands of people into a water park indoors. Are people not afraid of Chillul Hashem?

Where does chillul hashem come in here? The waterpark is open to the public every day. If they're renting out, it's obviously ok. They have workers in the park there at all times and they follow the regulations in pkace. If they wouldn't be fine with it, they wouldn't be renting it out. They're selling 1/2 capacity tickets.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:49 am
notshanarishona wrote:
the water park is open daily for anybody. They are following same daily guidelines which included reduced capacity....indoor water parks in poconos are also open now

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 8:12 am
Chillul Hashem to publicly flout covid safety recommendations. Other people doing it is not ok either but not as noticeable.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 8:15 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Chillul Hashem to publicly flout covid safety recommendations. Other people doing it is not ok either but not as noticeable.

What safety recommendations are they publicly flouting??? It is not required or recommended to wear a mask at waterparks. I've been to waterparks during covid and haven't seen a single person in a mask. They don't allow you into the water or on rides in a mask.
Some posters like to bash jews no matter what we do. They're going to a waterpark and following guidelines. No chillul hashem and no flouting rules.
It was never a covid safety recommendation to wear a mask in a water park. It was always no masks in water.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 8:28 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
What safety recommendations are they publicly flouting??? It is not required or recommended to wear a mask at waterparks. I've been to waterparks during covid and haven't seen a single person in a mask. They don't allow you into the water or on rides in a mask.
Some posters like to bash jews no matter what we do. They're going to a waterpark and following guidelines. No chillul hashem and no flouting rules.
It was never a covid safety recommendation to wear a mask in a water park. It was always no masks in water.

Um try social distancing for starters.. I assume people are coming close to each other on the rides, in line, etc.
It just seems stupid.
Common sense- do you want your kids to have school or more important yo have your perfect vacation? Lets first restore our basic lives to normal and get all stores and schools open before insanity like crowded amusement parks mid pandemic comes into discussions

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 8:30 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Um try social distancing for starters.. I assume people are coming close to each other on the rides, in line, etc.
It just seems stupid.
Common sense- do you want your kids to have school or more important yo have your perfect vacation? Lets first restore our basic lives to normal and get all stores and schools open before insanity like crowded amusement parks mid pandemic comes into discussions

I’m assuming most ppl going have their lives operating pretty normally with schools, Shuls and stores open as normal.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 8:33 am
notshanarishona wrote:
It just seems stupid.

The park isn't crowded. They don't allow it to become crowded. DH was there a couple of times on the mens night, the lines aren't crowded and it's mostly social distancing. There's staff at all rides and throughout the park. If the CDC or government would think waterparks aren't safe, they wouldn't be able to be open. Quit bashing jews for doing nothing wrong. Waterparks are open to the public for months not. Jews don't have to not go because you decided it's a chilul hashem and flouting rules. If waterparks are open to the public, it means everyone can go. Yes, even jews.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics