Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccine conspiracy theory?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

miami85

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 2:57 pm
In general I'm pro-vaccines and I was all for getting it, but now I have a relative--who is pro-Trump sharing with me all kinds of scary things about the vaccine and HER pediatrician (whom I don't love but he is considered to be an expert) saying things. I'm "tier 2"--so I'm doing my research and still of child-bearing age (which is related to the concern). Can anyone put my nerves to rest?

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 3:00 pm
Maybe ask your questions to medical professionals you trust. They can usually explain in two minutes why all the conspiracy theories are invalid. Stop getting second hand information from someone who is out to scare people. I actually left my community WhatsApp group because a woman kept spamming with completely uneducated videos and links. I couldn't take it.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 3:04 pm
miami85 wrote:
In general I'm pro-vaccines and I was all for getting it, but now I have a relative--who is pro-Trump sharing with me all kinds of scary things about the vaccine and HER pediatrician (whom I don't love but he is considered to be an expert) saying things. I'm "tier 2"--so I'm doing my research and still of child-bearing age (which is related to the concern). Can anyone put my nerves to rest?

Im confused. What does Pro Trump have to do with it?🤷‍♀️
I thought Trump was the one who was behind the vaccine?

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 3:13 pm
If you’re concerned about fertility, you should talk to your OB. Most here in the US are recommending it.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 3:19 pm
What is the pediatrician saying? I don’t know however certainly valid concern and smart to educate yourself
I am also “pro vaccine (excepting guardasil)
What are the concerns?
I believe in open speech and free debate

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 3:28 pm
My family member is PA has done a lot of research on her own and does not suggest getting it. Says its still in experimental phase and no enough time to know real effects.

There will be many who agree with her and many who will disagree

Listen to someone you trust. Listen to your gut.

Lets_Eat_Pie

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 3:39 pm
miami85 wrote:

The 5 Towns Jewish Times just published an article about vaccines and fertility. The experts in their roundtable seem to agree that it's safe, but recommend reaching out to PUAH.

http://www.5tjt.com/the-covid-.....alth/

I will take the vaccine when it becomes available, but understand people feeling nervous about it.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 3:58 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
My family member is PA has done a lot of research on her own and does not suggest getting it. Says its still in experimental phase and no enough time to know real effects.

There will be many who agree with her and many who will disagree

Listen to someone you trust. Listen to your gut.

It's very hard to have a gut feeling when you're being bombarded by tons of information, both accurate and not. That pretty much takes away any intuition.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 5:36 pm
I don't think this will be of much help to put your nerves to rest but I will help you think it through for yourself by reviewing facts on the ground and the situation we all find ourselves in.

Things are what they are.

The illness and the vaccine are @ brand new@. We know short term data on the illness. Anyone claiming to know long term of wide use data on the vaccine is full of ****.

You will not know 100% anything.

I don't call it conspiracy theory to say the vaccine is technically in stage 3 ( of 4 stages) of trials. It is only available for emergency use. As an experimental treatment. This large scale experiment will eventually give us the data that is missing. Those are @facts@ not @conspiracy@.

The vaccine companies and their own scientists who made this product feel very excited and hopeful for this new mrna bio-technology. They could be right, they could be wrong. Not only do we not have long term data but we also know that even in short term all that was proven from the vaccine is 1) short term antibodies which are said to protect from a case getting to be difficult. What Pfizer & Moderna said themselves - they still do not know if 1- it will prevent spread 2- or prevent you from contracting it. That is the up to date info. It has not been reviewed by independent scientists ( note I did not include dr's in this at all). Those are the facts.

So where we are left at is we all play russian roulette. Also facts. We literally are all deciding based on lots of unknowns and few knowns. Do you leap to straight belief in Gd/biology that Gd made or do you leap to straight beleif in scientific/medicine that Gd allowed to be made. There are no guarantees either way. None. You have no choice but to decide and take a leap of faith.

People have died both ways. People have been damaged both ways. Which do you feel more comfortable risking?

Do you have a history of allergies or vaccine reactions? I think you are right to carefully weigh your options being young and still intending to have children. The jury won't be in for a long time, by jury I refer to scientific long term data on large amounts of people, not popular opinion.

You will find experts of both opinions. Daven on it. Really, daven. Pray for guidance from Hashem.

number

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 5:57 pm
I personally don’t plan to take it or have my kids take it this year. I don’t feel comfortable with taking a brand new vaccine. I normally give all vaccines on time but this one is an exception for me. You have to make your own decision though. If you were comfortable with it before this woman started shoving her unsolicited opinion in your face then I personally wouldn’t let someone like that change my mind.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 6:26 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
It's very hard to have a gut feeling when you're being bombarded by tons of information, both accurate and not. That pretty much takes away any intuition.

If you threw a coin up in the air tails get vaccine
Heads no vaccine. Which would you hope the coin landed on?
One must feel safer to you even if its 1% more.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 6:30 pm
The vaccine, like the virus, will effect a lot of people differently. Just like the virus many will be asymptomatic, many will have some affects, some will be in hospital from complications, and some will die.
The virus has a 99.9% survival rate. The vaccine will too probably and hopefully. But it won't be easy for everyone. But neither is the virus. I had the virus and it was horrible and I'm happy I had it cuz I definitely do not want the vaccine

Same with long term affects (which hopefully won't matter cuz Mashiach will be here)
But the virus will have long term affects on people and not others. And the vaccine will have on some and not others.

I personally feel the vaccine is the worse of 2 evils. But again many will disagree. Its all up to Hashem. There is no right or wrong. Do your hishdadlus and always remember Hashem is control cuz thats all that matters

elsily

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 6:31 pm
number wrote:
If you were comfortable with it before this woman started shoving her unsolicited opinion in your face then I personally wouldn’t let someone like that change my mind.

Good advice

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 6:31 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I don't think this will be of much help to put your nerves to rest but I will help you think it through for yourself by reviewing facts on the ground and the situation we all find ourselves in.

Things are what they are.

The illness and the vaccine are @ brand new@. We know short term data on the illness. Anyone claiming to know long term of wide use data on the vaccine is full of ****.

You will not know 100% anything.

I don't call it conspiracy theory to say the vaccine is technically in stage 3 ( of 4 stages) of trials. It is only available for emergency use. As an experimental treatment. This large scale experiment will eventually give us the data that is missing. Those are @facts@ not @conspiracy@.

The vaccine companies and their own scientists who made this product feel very excited and hopeful for this new mrna bio-technology. They could be right, they could be wrong. Not only do we not have long term data but we also know that even in short term all that was proven from the vaccine is 1) short term antibodies which are said to protect from a case getting to be difficult. What Pfizer & Moderna said themselves - they still do not know if 1- it will prevent spread 2- or prevent you from contracting it. That is the up to date info. It has not been reviewed by independent scientists ( note I did not include dr's in this at all). Those are the facts.

So where we are left at is we all play russian roulette. Also facts. We literally are all deciding based on lots of unknowns and few knowns. Do you leap to straight belief in Gd/biology that Gd made or do you leap to straight beleif in scientific/medicine that Gd allowed to be made. There are no guarantees either way. None. You have no choice but to decide and take a leap of faith.

People have died both ways. People have been damaged both ways. Which do you feel more comfortable risking?

Do you have a history of allergies or vaccine reactions? I think you are right to carefully weigh your options being young and still intending to have children. The jury won't be in for a long time, by jury I refer to scientific long term data on large amounts of people, not popular opinion.

You will find experts of both opinions. Daven on it. Really, daven. Pray for guidance from Hashem.

What a thoughtful answer.

elsily

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 6:32 pm
Ecru, just be careful because we don’t know how long antibodies last from having the virus and it’s possible to get it again. Covid is causing lots of long term issues (cardiac, neurological, and more) even though it’s a 99% survival rate.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 6:43 pm
elsily wrote:
Ecru, just be careful because we don’t know how long antibodies last from having the virus and it’s possible to get it again. Covid is causing lots of long term issues (cardiac, neurological, and more) even though it’s a 99% survival rate.

People touting the 99.9% survival rate make me sick. Covid is causing kidney failure in people with previously healthy kidney function, strokes in people not previously at risk because of increased clotting, heart dysfunction, liver and pulmonary failure, people who live- but on a ventilator with a permanent tracheostomy, postviral syndrome (in which people recover from the infection but die or are permanently injured from the sequelae) and more. My heart hurts that people are so eager to see their friends that the are minimizing the clear and present danger covid causes to previously healthy people. I cannot stand on the blood of my friends and neighbors anymore- our willingness to make covid a political issue instead of the disaster it is is horrifying. I put myself at risk to see these people everyday and meanwhile my kids’ school had covid positive kids coming to school for an extracurricular activity. Heaven forbid anyone report them for playing with our children’s lives and allowing them all to be exposed to illness. I’m literally scared for us. How callous can we be?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 6:43 pm
elsily wrote:

I am still careful within reason and I do have some slight asthma which I never had before covid. But I and my family had antibodies 7 months after having coronavirus. Also from what I've heard its the T cells that matter more than antibodies themselves so hopefully having antibodies for so long I have a strong number of T cells.

People get chicken pox as kids and then shouldn't get shingles as adults but some adults get shingles even if they had chicken pox. Everyone is so different and react so differently

Medicine (vaccines and even over the counter even natural) usually makes my body feel weird and uncomfortable, I'm extremely sensitive to them. So vaccine is far from my radar

Again just here waiting on mashiach and watching the world go crazy but a lot of faith is getting stronger Tongue Out

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 6:45 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I am still careful within reason and I do have some slight asthma which I never had before covid. But I and my family had antibodies 7 months after having coronavirus. Also from what I've heard its the T cells that matter more than antibodies themselves so hopefully having antibodies for so long I have a strong number of T cells.

People get chicken pox as kids and then shouldn't get shingles as adults but some adults get shingles even if they had chicken pox. Everyone is so different and react so differently

Medicine (vaccines and even over the counter even natural) usually makes my body feel weird and uncomfortable, I'm extremely sensitive to them. So vaccine is far from my radar

Again just here waiting on mashiach and watching the world go crazy but a lot of faith is getting stronger Tongue Out

There is zero proof antibodies last 7 months. The best we know is that a prior infection protects you for 90 days.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 6:49 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
People touting the 99.9% survival rate make me sick. Covid is causing kidney failure in people with previously healthy kidney function, strokes in people not previously at risk because of increased clotting, heart dysfunction, postviral syndrome (in which people recover from the infection but die or are permanently injured from the sequelae) and more. My heart hurts that people are so eager to see their friends that the are minimizing the clear and present danger covid causes to previously healthy people. I cannot stand on the blood of my friends and neighbors anymore- our willingness to make covid a political issue instead of the disaster it is is horrifying. I put myself at risk to see these people everyday and meanwhile my kids’ school had covid positive kids coming to school for an extracurricular activity. Heaven forbid anyone report them for playing with our children’s lives and allowing them all to be exposed to illness. I’m literally scared for us. How callous can we be?

I have a handful of family members savings life every day or week as well. Yes healthy people have long term effects. Like I said I have asthma I never had. Its not fun. But I will see my family and friends. Assuming they have also had covid im okay with it.

It's not for us to judge everyone's move. You do what feels right to you and for your family. People should be respectful and wear masks in public and SD from people who want to SD.

The mental illness has sky rocketed and that can also damage the body long term.

People should not be sending their family to school is they are covid+

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 6:49 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Maybe ask your questions to medical professionals you trust. They can usually explain in two minutes why all the conspiracy theories are invalid. Stop getting second hand information from someone who is out to scare people. I actually left my community WhatsApp group because a woman kept spamming with completely uneducated videos and links. I couldn't take it.

One thing that can’t be denied is that the vaccines haven’t been tested for long term effects... it’s been only a few months so there’s zero possibility that anyone can know they’re safe for the long term.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics