Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccine conspiracy theory?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 6:51 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
There is zero proof antibodies last 7 months. The best we know is that a prior infection protects you for 90 days.

I had corona in March. I was tested for antibodies in October and had. So I have proof. Also my immediate family and their family had same time as me. We all got positive antibodies in October. Not sure what more proof

amother
Chartreuse

There is zero proof antibodies last 7 months. The best we know is that a prior infection protects you for 90 days.

She said her family has them 7 months later, they tested.

amother
Babyblue

amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
The vaccine, like the virus, will effect a lot of people differently. Just like the virus many will be asymptomatic, many will have some affects, some will be in hospital from complications, and some will die.
The virus has a 99.9% survival rate. The vaccine will too probably and hopefully. But it won't be easy for everyone. But neither is the virus. I had the virus and it was horrible and I'm happy I had it cuz I definitely do not want the vaccine

Same with long term affects (which hopefully won't matter cuz Mashiach will be here)
But the virus will have long term affects on people and not others. And the vaccine will have on some and not others.

I personally feel the vaccine is the worse of 2 evils. But again many will disagree. Its all up to Hashem. There is no right or wrong. Do your hishdadlus and always remember Hashem is control cuz thats all that matters

You do know that many people have gotten the virus a second time, right?

elsily

People touting the 99.9% survival rate make me sick. Covid is causing kidney failure in people with previously healthy kidney function, strokes in people not previously at risk because of increased clotting, heart dysfunction, liver and pulmonary failure, people who live- but on a ventilator with a permanent tracheostomy, postviral syndrome (in which people recover from the infection but die or are permanently injured from the sequelae) and more. My heart hurts that people are so eager to see their friends that the are minimizing the clear and present danger covid causes to previously healthy people. I cannot stand on the blood of my friends and neighbors anymore- our willingness to make covid a political issue instead of the disaster it is is horrifying. I put myself at risk to see these people everyday and meanwhile my kids’ school had covid positive kids coming to school for an extracurricular activity. Heaven forbid anyone report them for playing with our children’s lives and allowing them all to be exposed to illness. I’m literally scared for us. How callous can we be?

Totally agree with you. I really hate it.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 6:52 pm
I’m no conspiracy theorist, but I’m not going anywhere near that vaccine soon.
I’m pro vaccine but this is way too controversial.

I also don’t trust our politicians who are pushing/eventually forcing it so that makes me more terrified.

But by all means, the more people who are willing to take it voluntarily, will give us skeptics more research on it.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 6:57 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
You do know that many people have gotten the virus a second time, right?

Yup. Many have. Many haven't. Many people got positive corona test and negative antibodies even a week later

There are no rules to the virus or vaccine

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 6:59 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
She said her family has them 7 months later, they tested.

That doesn’t mean they protect you...

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:03 pm
That doesn’t mean they protect you...

It doesn't mean they dont...
No one knows anything. You have opinions and follow the doctors who back them up. That's fair. Everyone is doing what they feel is right.

The vaccine is not different. We don't know if it'll work or if it'll cause more damage. Everyone will react differently. We just won't hear the negative effects on mainstream media which is a little scary. But it is what it is...

Its a free country (for now...)
Not everyone should be mandated to get vaccinated if they feel it isn't right for them. And the many that do I hope it works so they get peace of mind.

Can someone explain the difference between effect and affect I never understood that one Banging head

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:04 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Yup. Many have. Many haven't. Many people got positive corona test and negative antibodies even a week later

There are no rules to the virus or vaccine

Which means that you patting yourself on the back because of antibodies is pretty silly.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:07 pm
If you want to know the truth, PM Elfrida. She's a nurse, and has all the latest medical information.

No conspiracies, no agenda, just facts and figures.

Every singe person who works in the medical field in any way whatsoever, is getting the vaccine. These are some of the people we can LEAST afford to lose. I doubt the government is trying to kill off all of our first responders and front line medical staff.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:08 pm
Which means that you patting yourself on the back because of antibodies is pretty silly.

Its definitely a good sign my body created as many as it did. Its not a negative...

You also said I didn't have proof they lasted so long so I was explaining my proof.
You can think I'm silly. That's okay. We have different views and both are valid. Both can be backed up medically.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:08 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I’m no conspiracy theorist, but I’m not going anywhere near that vaccine soon.
I’m pro vaccine but this is way too controversial.

I also don’t trust our politicians who are pushing/eventually forcing it so that makes me more terrified.

But by all means, the more people who are willing to take it voluntarily, will give us skeptics more research on it.

My sister took it and is now hospitalized because of it. Don’t want to go into detail. But I would not get it so fast. She works in healthcare and didn’t get the virus so she went and took it. She is in the hospital now , since Shabbos with a very frightening situation and the doctors suspect it is a result of an autoimmune response to the vaccine. Doctors now advised her not to get the booster. It’s too dangerous for her.
Please say tehillim for Sarah bas Shayna

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:10 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Its definitely a good sign my body created as many as it did. Its not a negative...

You also said I didn't have proof they lasted so long so I was explaining my proof.
You can think I'm silly. That's okay. We have different views and both are valid. Both can be backed up medically.

No. I said you have no proof they protect you 7 months later.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:11 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
My sister took it and is now hospitalized because of it. Don’t want to go into detail. But I would not get it so fast. She works in healthcare and didn’t get the virus so she went and took it. She is in the hospital now , since Shabbos with a very frightening situation and the doctors suspect it is a result of an autoimmune response to the vaccine. Doctors now advised her not to get the booster. It’s too dangerous for her.

Scary anecdotal stories with no details for the win. I do hope she reported her side effect to v-safe.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:15 pm

Refuah Shleima!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:17 pm
Scary anecdotal stories with no details for the win. I do hope she reported her side effect to v-safe.

So rude and callous! Her sister is in the hospital and you spew the term "anecdotal".

elsily

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:17 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:

Can someone explain the difference between effect and affect I never understood that one Banging head

Effect is a noun, like what are the side effects?
Affect is a verb, like how will the vaccine affect me?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:19 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
It doesn't mean they dont...
No one knows anything. You have opinions and follow the doctors who back them up. That's fair. Everyone is doing what they feel is right.

The vaccine is not different. We don't know if it'll work or if it'll cause more damage. Everyone will react differently. We just won't hear the negative effects on mainstream media which is a little scary. But it is what it is...

Its a free country (for now...)
Not everyone should be mandated to get vaccinated if they feel it isn't right for them
. And the many that do I hope it works so they get peace of mind.

Actually, it's the other way around. The media loves to jump on horror stories of some 92 year old man who had a heart condition, and died after he got the vaccine. They make it sound like EVERYONE WILL DIE! just because of that one case.

(ETA: I posted this before I read about the sister in the hospital. Autoimmune reactions are very rare, but they can be serious. She should have a refuah sheleimah.)

It is definitely a free country, and you have a choice. Vaccinate your kids, don't vax and send them to a school full of non vaxxers, or homeschool. Don't send your sick kids to school, thank you. Not everyone enjoys a measles (or Covid) party.

Affect vs. effect:
When do you use effect or affect (or in past tense, affected or effected)? Affect v effect are easy to get confused. Affect is usually a verb, and it means to impact or change. Effect, on the other hand, is usually a noun that you would use to indicate the result of a change. Because “affect” and “effect” are homophones (words that sound alike), they are often confused. We’ll share some easy tips on telling them apart.

Affect vs. effect: in a sentence

Belief
How do cigarettes affect my brain?
Age-related changes in organs, tissues and other parts of your body can affect how you respond or react to medicines.
Throughout the performance, a number of audience members were visibly affected, brought to tears by the reality of the tale.

Believe
Global warming is projected to have a number of effects on the ocean.
He resigned with immediate effect.
A good diet had a positive effect on their health.
What are the effects of smoking on the lungs?

Reference: Cambridge Dictionary

Last edited by FranticFrummie on Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:20 pm
I believe her case is being documented as there was a very similar situation in Florida with a doctor who’s body reacted the same way and he died. (It was in the news)
I will just say that she woke up Shabbos morning with blood pouring from her mouth, black and blue marks all over her body and petechiae all over her body. When she arrived to the hospital her blood platelets were at 3,000 (normal is between 150,000-450,000). It since dropped even lower. Her body was not initially responding to treatment either. Her mouth is full of blood pockets.
Im anon because her story will probably be pretty known.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:25 pm
I believe her case is being documented as there was a very similar situation in Florida with a doctor who’s body reacted the same way and he died. (It was in the news)
I will just say that she woke up Shabbos morning with blood pouring from her mouth, black and blue marks all over her body and petechiae all over her body. When she arrived to the hospital her blood platelets were at 3,000 (normal is between 150,000-450,000). It since dropped even lower. Her body was not initially responding to treatment either. Her mouth is full of blood pockets.
Im anon because her story will probably be pretty known.

So you mean ITP?
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics