Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Toddler arts n crafts - where to keep it

meeze

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:32 am
Where do you keep / store / hang all your toders arts n crafts they bring home from playgroup each week?
Could some of you imas please advise what or where to buy from amazon (non expensive) supplies u use to hang on wall so your kid could see their work hanging?

Example, staplers? Glue dots? Push pins? Board with some pins?

Ty

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:37 am
I hang it on the fridge with a magnet and then it disappears a few days later. My house would look like an episode of hoarders if I held onto my kids projects for longer than that!

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 1:30 pm
Buy a big cork board with push pin. Hang it up in kids room. They can keep whatever fit on it , knee theres no more room they chose what to throw out to put new one on!

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 1:33 pm
Anything with a picture of my child I keep in a plastic box stored away in basement. A spectacular hagada or something very impressive I might keep as well.

Everything else goes after a few days

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 1:43 pm
We have a place to hang them on the wall with 5 clips. My son knows that he can save what fits on the clips. If he wants something new he has to take something else down and discard it. Anything with a picture of him I put away to save in my room in a storage box.

I made it with twine and wood clothespins. You can purchase something customized like this https://www.etsy.com/listing/8.....-name on Etsy.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 1:44 pm
Every few months we take all the old projects and split them into piles to send out to the relatives and keep one or two for ourselves to hang in her room. Grandparents get nachas and I get my fridge back.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 2:26 pm
We have walls with old-fashioned picture frame molding. I put cup hooks into the sides of one big rectangle in our hall and strung sturdy string between the two hooks. I used clothespins to hang up the kids' projects as if on a clothesline, where they stayed till the next batch of projects came in. The old projects were discarded while the kids were sleeping if they weren't deconstructed and the materials saved for future use.

mom!

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 4:03 pm
I have a big cork board in the playroom. When it gets full, time to throw out some projects to make more room.

Einikel

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 4:18 pm
Am I the only one that throws them out as soon as I finish admiring them and my daughter isn’t looking?🙈

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 4:44 pm
We hang it on the fridge for 2 days then it visits Mr G-can. Why save it all?!

yidisheh mama

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 4:52 pm
We hang it on the fridge. They stay there until the next Sunday/Monday, then they get thrown out to make room for the next week's stuff.
Haggadahs I keep with Pesach stuff. My kids love looking at their old Haggadahs each Pesach. Other things that have pics of them (like a laminated rosh hashanah card with a photo) stay around a bit longer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics