Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Should my DD get the COVID vaccine?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:23 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Not complaining, are you complaining? They clearly outlined masks and social distancing are going nowhere any time soon. Not even for the vaccinated. Just explaining what I read. If msm is reporting falsely or you have a link to more recent please link it.

I’m just happy it protects me from disease. I wear 2 masks, goggles, a face shield for 8-12 hours a day anyway and a gown/gloves every time I walk into a covid room (frequently). Now I don’t need to be nearly as scared. Maybe a mask and social distancing is the worst thing possible for you. It isn’t for me.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:56 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I’m just happy it protects me from disease. I wear 2 masks, goggles, a face shield for 8-12 hours a day anyway and a gown/gloves every time I walk into a covid room (frequently). Now I don’t need to be nearly as scared. Maybe a mask and social distancing is the worst thing possible for you. It isn’t for me.

I was responding to someone else who made that comment. I personally feel masks, sd, and all the precautions are basic decency and in context not that big a deal in order to protect everyone.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 8:00 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
You have false data. Pfizer & Moderna clearly stated the vaccine does not & will not rid us from masks & social distancing. The vaccine is shown so far to reduce severity of covid19 when a person contracts it. The vaccines have not yet proven to reduce spread or prevent infection.

I know that we have to keep wearing masks and SD. Once we have herd immunity, we shouldn’t have to. I’m talking about herd immunity, not just getting the vaccine. I already got it.

wiki

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:11 pm
OP, it doesn't sound like there's any need to rush for your daughter to get the vaccine, although if she doesn't she should make sure to continue testing for the presence of her antibodies on a regular basis.

A lot of people seem to have this unproven fear about the vaccine impacting fertility. I've looked into this and cannot find a single medical professional who thinks that this fear has any reasonable basis. The only potential mechanism for how the vaccine could even theoretically interfere with fertility is identical to COVID recovery itself--as in, if you imagined that the vaccine could theoretically mess with fertility, recovering from COVID would be definition do the exact same thing (and in millions of recorded COVID cases worldwide, we can be totally confident that this does not occur).

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 5:03 am
She should not get this vaccine.
It is extremely unethical to have her participate in medical experimentation especially with a product that we do not know the effects on fertility.
She does not need this vaccine and the manufacturers specifically state this is to prevent serious illness in the person receiving it, not to prevent infection/transmission

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 9:35 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Does your daughter work with covid patients? If she does, she’s best off getting it. Antibodies don’t last, and we’ve had patients who have had it more than once. I have had both shots, and I am fine. I feel much better that I am protected now. My 18 year old daughter will be getting it. I didn’t force her to, but I recommended it strongly.

Also, to the poster who used a web link from life site news, that is not an actual reference to prove anything.

Yes, but actually, the fact that she has so much exposure probably keeps on triggering the development of antibodies.

I've heard that patients who got COVID more than once usually had underlying health issues. She does not, and she hasn't gotten COVID again for more than 6 months....

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 9:41 am
The vaccine is meant to produce antibodies
Antibodies are antibodies
If they dont last you need to think about why you are getting the vaccine
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics