Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid19 will resemble common cold

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 8:46 pm
as percthe ny times, scientists claim once immunity will be widespread (achieved by vaccination of world population) coronavirus will be like the common cold.

I have some questions about this. (Please don't derail this post - I'm looking for serious explanation)

We've been given to understand that the vaccine gives you antibodies but they don't last. Well have to reactivate every year, like the flu.

If antibodies wear off, how does immunity happen to all?

Why would it suddenly turn from an illness creat havoc to harmless cold?

I'm really not understanding this.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 8:48 pm
The mRNA gives instructions to your cells to recognize the specific spike protein on SARS COV2. When your cells come in contact with the actual spike protein, they will neutralize it.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:04 pm
I think what they’re hoping is that the vaccine will work in a way that the virus will be able to enter your body and begin colonizing, but right away your body will begin mounting a response so the disease course will be short and mild, because the virus won’t spread systemically and do it’s thing. It will mostly remain localized to the upper respiratory passages. Whether this will indeed happen, and at what cost, remains to be seen.

mig100

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:07 pm
Heres how.

Most antibodies DO last. Thr flue is the exception. It comes back with different strain every year.

Lets hope corona is like most illnesses like measels mumps etc where you get immunized once as a child and the immunity lasts.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:25 pm
mig100 wrote:
Heres how.

Most antibodies DO last. Thr flue is the exception. It comes back with different strain every year.

Lets hope corona is like most illnesses like measels mumps etc where you get immunized once as a child and the immunity lasts.
Some viruses have lifelong immunity, some don’t. Strain shifting is a separate issue. You probably don’t retain flu antibodies from year to year regardless. Chances are corona isn’t like measles or mumps with lifelong immunity, but all that is irrelevant because the vaccine doesn’t work with antibody memory anyways.

nchr

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:28 pm
Viruses tend to mutate to become less contagious but also less serious with time. Once our bodies recognize COVID19 after repeated exposure, it becomes like a cold. Hope this makes sense. Sort of like how colds are extremely dangerous for indigenous peoples but just minor colds for the rest of rhe world.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:36 pm
nchr wrote:
Viruses tend to mutate to become less contagious but also less serious with time. Once our bodies recognize COVID19 after repeated exposure, it becomes like a cold. Hope this makes sense. Sort of like how colds are extremely dangerous for indigenous peoples but just minor colds for the rest of rhe world.
seems the article op read is talking about immunity via vaccination, not natural immunity

yksraya

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:40 pm
I have a theory why the flu didn't hit hard this year. After getting vaccination for it for a few years, most are already immune to many strains, so when it comes, it comes way milder and some don't even know they had it.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:54 pm
yksraya wrote:
I have a theory why the flu didn't hit hard this year. After getting vaccination for it for a few years, most are already immune to many strains, so when it comes, it comes way milder and some don't even know they had it.

masks and sd are helping

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:55 pm
yksraya wrote:
this year of all years?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:35 pm
The covid19 vaccine in particular will not give lifelong immunity according to the pharmaceutical companies. Therefore, my question is:

1 - if the antibodies wear off and you need constant boosters, probably yearly, how will the global population all become immune?

2 - giving vaccines to ever will turn a nasty sickness creating havoc and lifelong illnesses in some, turn into common cold? How?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:46 pm
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics