Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Does your house usually look
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:28 pm
Clean and organized enough to give an open house/showing? I mean everything in its place, nothing on the dresser/night table tops except decor, nothing on the floor, every toy gets put away before bedtime...

I can't decide if I am exceptionally messy (I did NOT grow up in a house like that,) or if the houses I have been seeing have owners that are a little over the top about organizing/cleanliness.

Right now I have some clean clothing on my floor that is waiting to be hung up, and I have 3 water bottles on the night table (2 old from previous nights) Vaseline, antibiotic cream and a new bandaid that I decided not to put on till the morning, hand cream, a nail polish that I didn't get around to putting on....a baby monitor and a used tissue.

I'm a hopeless case....

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:31 pm
OMG I was just thinking the same thing! My landlord keeps showing our house to potential buyers. I spend so much time cleaning before each one that I feel like I must be doing something very wrong!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:37 pm
I'd like to think I can have people over but bringing in camera? No thanks unless I am ready for it.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:41 pm
My house generally looks like a tractor trailer ripped through it so I would say you're doing a great job! LOL

bigsis144

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:42 pm
My house is a disaster!!!!

tichellady

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:50 pm
No, unless I just cleaned and my toddler is sleeping

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 12:19 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
My house generally looks like a tractor trailer ripped through it so I would say you're doing a great job! LOL

Ditto

twizzlers1

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 2:06 am
Oh my goodness it definitely does not especially with everybody home all the time with lockdown in Israel right now. When we have this we told the landlord that they had to give us 48 hours notice. I thought the house looked great but they weren't selling it so when our lease was up we moved out and it took them another two years to sell the house so clearly wasn't us.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 3:53 am
We're in lockdown so definitely messy. I'm pregnant bh + no school + small apartment = my apartment is basically messy all the time. Some nights I have energy to clean a bit and tidy but it's a lost cause.
Since we started quarantine and went straight in to a lockdown we have been makpid to give the kids erev shabbos jobs and make sure everything is clean and neat before shabbos, so I know at least it's not endless mess.
But definitely would need quite some warning before being able to show...

English3

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 4:05 am
My house can look spic and span with a half an hour notice. That is until this week I just had twins so I now have five under five will let you know if that's the reality in a few weeks from now. I am not naturally organised but I worked quiet hard on myself it takes practice and an obsessively organised hubby that can't take the mess😉🤣

Mayflower

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 4:25 am
All of the bedrooms and bathrooms are usually clean and tidy. The problem is that unexpected visitors tend to not see that...

The main living area is tidy from about 9 PM (when the kids are in bed) till 4 PM (when the kids come home from school). So please, don't come to my house without notice between 4 and 9!

Rappel

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 4:36 am
I'm literally giving up my nap right now to clean, so that should be your answer...

sky

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 7:11 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:

Me too

silverlining3

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 7:42 am
I don't really clean up during the day. If anything it's counters and table.

I do try to get my kids clean up toys, their playthings- before they go to bed. But many times I'm yearning for the peace and quiet that I'll just skip the cleaning up before they go to sleep and do it myself later.

My dresser, I'm so proud when it stays empty/clean for more than 2 weeks.

Whenever I tell my husband, this house looks like........... He always says, like a Yiddisha house. Hehe. Thank you!

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 7:46 am
English3 wrote:
My house can look spic and span with a half an hour notice. That is until this week I just had twins so I now have five under five will let you know if that's the reality in a few weeks from now. I am not naturally organised but I worked quiet hard on myself it takes practice and an obsessively organised hubby that can't take the mess😉🤣

Double mazel tov!!

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 8:42 am
Even when I consider it to be clean, my house doesn't even look as neat as you described. I don't think it has been totally organized since before we moved in.
But I also can't remember the last time I was in a house that was totally neat and clean in every room.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Feb 04 2021, 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

avrahamama

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 8:47 am
It took me 3 hours to clean my fridge. Only the fridge. Everything I took out my 15 month old walked away with. By the time I was done my fridge was clean and my toddler was coated in yogurts and cream cheese that he quietly walked away with.

Ask me how the rest of my house looks 🥴

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 9:11 am
I'm a newlywed Very Happy
Meaning I do almost no cleaning but my apartment is basically presentable either way.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 9:14 am
My house never looks ok. I watch hoarders to feel good about myself because at least I'm not that bad 🤣

The fact that you can list everything that you have out of place, means obviously your doing just fine.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 9:34 am
For a showing no
Is everything put away neatly
Most of the time
For A showing things have to be extra clean, and absolute minimal decor
I had showings of my where the clients said the house looks to cluttered because I had 2 full beds in every bedroom
Mind you the bedrooms were big and could fit another 2 full beds and still had lots of room left
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics