Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are lace top wigs halachically ok?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 2:03 am
double

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 3:16 am
Back to the topic at hand, this thread got me thinking. I have a lace top wig, and when I got it, everyone was getting it from a particular company. I went there, and didn't think twice about buying my lace top. I don't have a problem with it looking natural, but I want it to cover my hair.

I noticed when buying it that the lace is a bit see through on top, but they told me that a Rav had said that it was OK since you can't tell when wearing it (You can more tell when you are just holding it that it is see through but not when it is on your head.)

Now I am seeing here that people have theirs lined. Did your lace top come lined, or did you get that done after? I am interested in having mine lined, is there anything that I need to know about getting that done (or recommendations of people in Jerusalem who do that?)

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 7:10 am
There is a letter from the Lubavitch Rebbe saying that you shouldn't wear a hat and a sheitel because of maruos ayin shortly after I got married I asked a rov and this is what he told me.
Chana might be a daughter of a rov and be very learned but that doesn't make her a rov . I heard a lubavitcher rov saying lace sheitels are not allowed
The last thing I want to say is that I saw a few times posters righting that the rebbitzen only wore a hat ,its a know that she went to Freida (Kugel)for her sheitels. ( yes I know just wrote that the Rebbe said we dont wear a hat and sheitel ,but it seems like that was the minhag is bais harav. There is others things we dont follow such as going to college)

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 6:33 pm
I find it interesting that it's OK to look for the most natural texture, color, etc, but the most natural hairline... that's assur.
Let's not kid ourselves. We all shop for a wig that looks the most natural. Why does the lace front become the deciding factor? If it's OK to wear something natural looking, this too should be fine. By definition a wig is meant to look like a head of hair.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 6:44 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I find it interesting that it's OK to look for the most natural texture, color, etc, but the most natural hairline... that's assur.
Let's not kid ourselves. We all shop for a wig that looks the most natural. Why does the lace front become the deciding factor? If it's OK to wear something natural looking, this too should be fine. By definition a wig is meant to look like a head of hair.

Probably because a wig in our natural hair color still looks like a wig, especially at the hairline, and can't be mistaken for our own hair. The point of a lacetop is that the hair should look like it's growing out of our scalp & many times it's hard to tell wether someone is wearing a wig or not.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics