Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Growth hormone help

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 4:22 pm
I just started giving my son the injections. I am having a lot of trouble drawing up the correct dose.Twice I have ended up with too much extra, meaning I didn’t give the correct dosage.
I am wondering if using the zomajet would be easier for me.
Anyone have experience with the zomajet versus the zomacton injections using an insulin needle?
Thanks!

amother
Red

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 4:32 pm
I have a kid on growth hormone. Never had that brand though. We always get multi-dose pens to use.
If you are having trouble with the dosing, the doctors office and/or the medication company should have a nurse to show you/teach you how to do it correctly.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 5:20 pm
The problem is that I got trained over zoom. I had an additional training after my first mess up but also on zoom. I spoke to my doctor who offered an in office training but when I messed up again tonight I just gave up...
I am supposed to give 17 units and each vial should last for 5 full days and a bit extra for day 6. Tonight, day 7, I had a full dose plus 6 extra units. So I clearly did something wrong. And I checked and rechecked each nights dose. It’s very frustrating to say the least.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 5:55 pm
Switch to the pen option if there is one. It makes things much easier and is very precise.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 6:00 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Switch to the pen option if there is one. It makes things much easier and is very precise.

Thanks!
It’s not a needle- we are going to try it though.
Just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with this brand

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 6:48 pm
Get the ultra fine needles (the same kind diabetics use) and waste one to practice drawing up water to the exact ml. My kiddo was on GH from ages 2 through 16 so obviously the dosage changed as the child grew. The height was below the bottom 5 percentile line at age w and exactly average height for an adult by 16. Child was given Humatrope.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 6:54 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Get the ultra fine needles (the same kind diabetics use) and waste one to practice drawing up water to the exact ml. My kiddo was on GH from ages 2 through 16 so obviously the dosage changed as the child grew. The height was below the bottom 5 percentile line at age w and exactly average height for an adult by 16. Child was given Humatrope.

Oh wow!
Bh I’m glad it worked! Yes we have insulin needles
Practicing on water is a great idea! Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics