Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Career Counselor

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 2:57 pm
Can someone recommend an excellent career coach/counselor?

Even better if they're also a licensed therapist who takes insurance, but that's probably too much to dream of.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 3:10 pm
If you have a university degree, consider using their career services if they are available to alumni (many, if not most, are). The quality of the assistance varies widely, but it may be nice to see what you can get for free before deciding what you want to pay for.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 3:11 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
If you have a university degree, consider using their career services if they are available to alumni (many, if not most, are). The quality of the assistance varies widely, but it may be nice to see what you can get for free before deciding what you want to pay for.

I don't have a degree, but thanks anyway.

Anyone have a recommendation?

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 3:27 pm
Hatzlacha! Just wanted to say, you may already know this, but I'm pretty sure that career counseling would not be covered by insurance. Maybe work related stress could be, but not actual career counseling where trying to find best fit career for your strengths/experience/education, etc.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 3:31 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Hatzlacha! Just wanted to say, you may already know this, but I'm pretty sure that career counseling would not be covered by insurance. Maybe work related stress could be, but not actual career counseling where trying to find best fit career for your strengths/experience/education, etc.

I know. I'm just holding out hope that there's an LCSW somewhere who is also a career counselor. I know it's unlikely, which is why I'm primarily looking for a very good career counselor.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 9:34 pm
Anyone?

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 9:56 pm
Not an LCSW, but Shaina Keren is great. Google her; her info is on LinkedIn.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 9:58 pm
https://www.thepropelnetwork.org/
Career counseling
I hope this is helpful

Smile1234

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 12:50 am
Another vote for Shaina Keren. She’s great!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics