Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Community with an out-of-town feel
Previous  1  2

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:44 pm
Iymnok wrote:
RBS does not have an OOT feel. GZ might. But there are multiple parallel classes still.

What about Givat Sharet(Sheinfeld)? Does it have an OOT friendly feel?

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 12:09 am
What about Moshav Matityahu? I haven't been in a bit. I know it's right by Kiryat Sefer, so you have all the big city resources and transportation, but I'm pretty sure it's still a smaller town feel.

Rappel

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 2:09 am
If you are interested in DL Torani communities, then there are a bunch. But I don't know if that appeals?

twizzlers1

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 2:09 am
I live in RBS, my husband and I also came from a very out of town community and I can say that It is definitely not the same if you're counting on Charedi being the same here. Yes it is a much bigger community then where we came from but I find that each little area often has its own shul. I'm in Mishkafayim and it is a very warm community. Feel free to p.m.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 2:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OP here. Thanks for all the replies- I forgot to check the 'follow' feature and was wondering why I wasn't getting responses!
We've gotten a lot more info over the past day. And I appreciate all that people said!

To give more info on us: we are chofetz Chaim. I learned that there is a CC community in RBS including a high school. This is a big draw for us. But I'm still interested in learning about smaller places. I'm not sure the difference between "american yeshivish" and "chareidi".

Metzad sounds like it's too small for us. I will have three kids above 2nd grade and would like a local school. I've heard a bit about karmiel, but not much. I want to learn more. Same for Givat Zeev. Their website describes the newly built area as "five towns" and "LA"-- which is not our crowd at all.

I've bookmarked this now, so I'll see your responses. Thank you!

That's a totally different neighborhood/mountain.
Look into Agan Haayalot in Givat Zev.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 6:30 am
I second Rehovot - the anglos are pretty much all out of towners and the Israelis are too.

But adding to the last poster - there are also large mainstream charedi schools too, and a torani school, if those are a better fit for you.

It's a mixed city, not all religious at all, but still urban, accessible, etc.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 7:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OP here. Thanks for all the replies- I forgot to check the 'follow' feature and was wondering why I wasn't getting responses!
We've gotten a lot more info over the past day. And I appreciate all that people said!

To give more info on us: we are chofetz Chaim. I learned that there is a CC community in RBS including a high school. This is a big draw for us. But I'm still interested in learning about smaller places. I'm not sure the difference between "american yeshivish" and "chareidi".

Metzad sounds like it's too small for us. I will have three kids above 2nd grade and would like a local school. I've heard a bit about karmiel, but not much. I want to learn more. Same for Givat Zeev. Their website describes the newly built area as "five towns" and "LA"-- which is not our crowd at all.

I've bookmarked this now, so I'll see your responses. Thank you!

The website is wrong. The developers of Ramat Givat Zeev want it to be full of wealthy, upper class Americans. I hasn't really become that. There are a few, but they are mostly parents of families who already live here. This is a laid back and pretty warm community. Most of the Americans come from OOT or are frummer than how they grew up. They really want to raise their kids in Israel. I don't know exactly what "5 towns" is, but it's not this. I don't know of any CC families here, though I may just not know.
My sister lives in Tel Tzion which has more of an OOT feel, I think. It's poorer in general than GZ, but otherwise pretty similar.
I'd describe it here as Chareidi Yeshivish. The Sefardim are mostly Yeshivish too. There is also a Large Belzer community with a few Anglos.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:19 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
What about Moshav Matityahu? I haven't been in a bit. I know it's right by Kiryat Sefer, so you have all the big city resources and transportation, but I'm pretty sure it's still a smaller town feel.

We would love to learn more about MM! Someone told us it's very hard to find a place to live there. Is there any truth to that?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:20 am
twizzlers1 wrote:
I live in RBS, my husband and I also came from a very out of town community and I can say that It is definitely not the same if you're counting on Charedi being the same here. Yes it is a much bigger community then where we came from but I find that each little area often has its own shul. I'm in Mishkafayim and it is a very warm community. Feel free to p.m.

Can you give more of an explanation of what you mean about chareidi not being the same in Israel?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:22 am
Iymnok wrote:
The website is wrong. The developers of Ramat Givat Zeev want it to be full of wealthy, upper class Americans. I hasn't really become that. There are a few, but they are mostly parents of families who already live here. This is a laid back and pretty warm community. Most of the Americans come from OOT or are frummer than how they grew up. They really want to raise their kids in Israel. I don't know exactly what "5 towns" is, but it's not this. I don't know of any CC families here, though I may just not know.
My sister lives in Tel Tzion which has more of an OOT feel, I think. It's poorer in general than GZ, but otherwise pretty similar.
I'd describe it here as Chareidi Yeshivish. The Sefardim are mostly Yeshivish too. There is also a Large Belzer community with a few Anglos.

Thank you! I'm definitely interested in learning more about GZ. I just... I don't even know what to ask! This is all so new to me!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:23 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I second Rehovot - the anglos are pretty much all out of towners and the Israelis are too.

But adding to the last poster - there are also large mainstream charedi schools too, and a torani school, if those are a better fit for you.

It's a mixed city, not all religious at all, but still urban, accessible, etc.

Rechovot was mentioned to us but we didn't get any more information. Are there a lot of anglos? We will affiliate with chareidi, not DL.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 8:28 pm
Bump!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions