Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I got the Pfizer covid vaccine. AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 8:30 pm
oh really? that’s cool. I didn’t realize. because I know they ask questions about recent covid etc. I had the moderna if that makes a difference. I guess even without the second dose, I probably have pretty good immunity at this point from first dose plus actual covid infection?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 9:14 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
oh really? that’s cool. I didn’t realize. because I know they ask questions about recent covid etc. I had the moderna if that makes a difference. I guess even without the second dose, I probably have pretty good immunity at this point from first dose plus actual covid infection?

Just check with your doctor Smile

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:36 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Did anyone else get the vaccine and then get covid shortly after? I’m assuming they won’t give me the second dose now? I think I would have to wait at least 90 days and then get both doses all over?

I think this happened to me but I wanted the second dose so I didn’t test/I’ll never know! Basically got a pretty bad cold 2 1/2 weeks after my first dose. 2 days of achy feeling and congestion. Then I got much better very quickly and decided it was just the common cold, although it doesn’t usually come with fever. But then the next day when I was really 100% better, I realized I couldn’t smell or taste anything... lasted 3 days and then back to normal. So I never got tested and went for my second dose as scheduled.
Weird that with all my exposure at work and in my hard hit community in the spring, I never got it. And now after finally getting vaccinated I would. Who knows?

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 6:23 am
Can I ask you, I’m 5 months pregnant my doctor is saying I should get the vaccine. Do you know anyone pregnant who got it? What have you heard about taking it when pregnant

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 6:24 am
omg that is literally exactly the same thing that happened to me. just without any fever even. just a slight cold and headache. I I tested once I was better and lost my smell. I was curious to know if I had it because an antibody test after wouldn’t help because I wouldn’t know of antibodies were from vaccine or virus. by the time I tested, it was almost a week from start of symptoms and was better. 2 days later my smell came back and I tested negative.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 6:28 am
and also I couldn’t believe that I avoided getting it for ten months when I have been so exposed/live in a community that’s been hard hit throughout. with only a few weeks left until 98 percent immunity, that’s when I got it!

re: taking vaccine during pregnancy. I am not pg, but my ob told me he is telling pregnant patients to take it but to wait until second trimester like other vaccines.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 7:07 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Can I ask you, I’m 5 months pregnant my doctor is saying I should get the vaccine. Do you know anyone pregnant who got it? What have you heard about taking it when pregnant

I know of healthcare workers who got it while pregnant. Most OBs are recommending it for pregnant women because you’re in a higher risk group for covid complications.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:57 am
So curious if there are more ppl that got covid after the vaccine? I’ve been hearing of people and know of a friend of mine who got covid 5 days after the 1st vaccine. I want to get the vaccine and I’m trying to schedule, but so nervous that after being careful not letting anyone come into my house or going to simchas that if I get the vaccine it may make me get covid. Maybe it just initially lowers your immunity and then more of a magnet for getting it. I always waited for my kids to get their shots when they were healthy ( no stuffy nose or any cold) I started doing this after one of my children developed a fever and a really high white blood count right after shots he got while he had a cold.Anyone have thoughts on this?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:00 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
So curious if there are more ppl that got covid after the vaccine? I’ve been hearing of people and know of a friend of mine who got covid 5 days after the 1st vaccine. I want to get the vaccine and I’m trying to schedule, but so nervous that after being careful not letting anyone come into my house or going to simchas that if I get the vaccine it may make me get covid. Maybe it just initially lowers your immunity and then more of a magnet for getting it. I always waited for my kids to get their shots when they were healthy ( no stuffy nose or any cold) I started doing this after one of my children developed a fever and a really high white blood count right after shots he got while he had a cold.Anyone have thoughts on this?

Please don’t worry! You cannot get covid from the vaccine, but it seems like you understand that already. Lower your immune system? Maybe. But as long as you aren’t getting exposed to the virus, you won’t get it. Maybe be extra cautious right after you get it. Depending on which shot you get, you’ll have about 50% protection 10-12 days afterwards. Then 95% protection one week after the second shot for Pfizer. Moderna numbers are a little different.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:01 am
Also yes there are people who have gotten covid after the first dose. They were likely exposed right before or right after the vaccine. It’s awful to think you’re so close to having protection and then you get sick.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:22 am
There is no virus - alive or weakened or even dead - in the vaccine, so it's biologically impossible to get COVID from the vaccine. I wouldn't be surprised if people who got the first dose immediately "celebrated" by lowering their guard and did things they wouldn't have done previously, unaware that they don't yet have any immunity, which is what caused them go catch COVID shortly thereafter.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:33 am
Makes sense what you’re saying. I just got an email that I have a registration # and I will schedule today! Iyh

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 10:25 am
I got the booster, too. AMA 😂

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 11:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I got the booster, too. AMA 😂

How often do you think they are going to have boosters? You think it might become an every 6 months for the rest of our lives type thing? Are you willing to vaccinate yourself every 6montjs forever if that's what it comes to,or will you decide you've had enough at some point?

Will you/did you vaccinate your children?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 11:23 am
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
How often do you think they are going to have boosters? You think it might become an every 6 months for the rest of our lives type thing? Are you willing to vaccinate yourself every 6montjs forever if that's what it comes to,or will you decide you've had enough at some point?

Will you/did you vaccinate your children?

I imagine we will get the booster once per year but if I need to get it again in the next 6-8 months, I’m ok with that. It will become a yearly thing like the flu shot.
I vaccinated my kids as soon as they were eligible but I’m waiting for one more who isn’t 5 yet. They didn’t have any side effects at all!

amother
Sand

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 10:25 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

My DH took both Pfizer vaccines in August.
4 weeks ago he contracted a dreadful case of covid.
Had high fever, contracted pneumonia, and became very dehydrated as a result.

He was so ill that at times he couldn't lift his head to take pain relieving meds to help reduce his headaches, body ache's and fever.

Thankfully he was approved to receive the Monoclonal Antibodies infusion after day two of testing positive for covid. It took longer than 26 hours for it to kick in, and in the meantime his condition worsened by the minute.

He was infused with vitamin and mineral supplements and specific remedies to help relieve the situation. It didn't seem to help much in the beginning but at least he was given enough liquids to hydrate which surely helped for his dehydration.
Thankfully, after two weeks he began recuperating 'slowly'.

Presently he is doing much better b'H and even went to shul for the first time this Shabbas.
He still feels weak, coughing away plenty, quite dizzy and fatigued.
Hopefully he will get back to himself very soon bezr'H.

BTW, this was the first time he contracted covid...

We are not blaming the the vaccines to be the cause of it. To the contrary, it may be very possible that had he not gotten the vaccines his condition might have been fatal.
B'H he wasn't hospitalized. The lowest oxygen saturation level never measured below 94%.

I did not take the vaccines and am not intending to do so anytime soon, if ever.

I was also given the Monoclonal antibodies infusion recommended by my doc. Did the best I could to avoid contact with my husband and b'H did not contract the virus. I had myself tested every few days.

B'H my husband tested negative as of last week as well.

amother
Springgreen

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 10:27 am
amother [ Sand ] wrote:
My DH took both Pfizer vaccines in August.
4 weeks ago he contracted a dreadful case of covid.
Had high fever, contracted pneumonia, and became very dehydrated as a result.

He was so ill that at times he couldn't lift his head to take pain relieving meds to help reduce his headaches, body ache's and fever.

Thankfully he was approved to receive the Monoclonal Antibodies infusion after day two of testing positive for covid. It took longer than 26 hours for it to kick in, and in the meantime his condition worsened by the minute.

He was infused with vitamin and mineral supplements and specific remedies to help relieve the situation. It didn't seem to help much in the beginning but at least he was given enough liquids to hydrate which surely helped for his dehydration.
Thankfully, after two weeks he began recuperating 'slowly'.

Presently he is doing much better b'H and even went to shul for the first time this Shabbas.
He still feels weak, coughing away plenty, quite dizzy and fatigued.
Hopefully he will get back to himself very soon bezr'H.

BTW, this was the first time he contracted covid...

We are not blaming the the vaccines to be the cause of it. To the contrary, it may be very possible that had he not gotten the vaccines his condition might have been fatal.
B'H he wasn't hospitalized. The lowest oxygen saturation level never measured below 94%.

I did not take the vaccines and am not intending to do so anytime soon, if ever.

I was also given the Monoclonal antibodies infusion recommended by my doc. Did the best I could to avoid contact with my husband and b'H did not contract the virus. I had myself tested every few days.

B'H my husband tested negative as of last week as well.

B"H he got the vaccine!!!!!! It's probably due to the vaccine that you still have a husband.
I'm questioning why you still don't intend to get the vaccine after seeing what happened to your husband?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 10:33 am
amother [ Springgreen ] wrote:
B"H he got the vaccine!!!!!! It's probably due to the vaccine that you still have a husband.
I'm questioning why you still don't intend to get the vaccine after seeing what happened to your husband?

Yes. B”H he got the vaccine. This experience would make me get vaccinated as soon as possible. I’m also wondering why you don’t intend to any time soon, if at all?

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 10:38 am
amother [ Springgreen ] wrote:

You have absolutely no proof that the vaccine did anything to help. How old is the husband? Assuming he's not that elderly, the chances of him dying vaccinated or unvaccinated were very low. Also, the monoclonal antibody treatment significantly reduces fatalities in both vaccinated and unvaccinated people. It is likely a lot more effective than the vaccine.

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 10:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes. B”H he got the vaccine. This experience would make me get vaccinated as soon as possible. I’m also wondering why you don’t intend to any time soon, if at all?

Because it clearly didn't work....
Page 8 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics