Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you have a zecher l’churban in your home?
Previous  1  2

Do you have a zecher l’churban in your home?
Yes  
 56%  [ 49 ]
No  
 43%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 87

Mothers

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 2:02 pm
Quote:
One who bought a house from a non-Jew is not obligated to make a zecher l’churban in his house since the non-Jew was not obligated to make one.35 However, one who renovates to the bare walls and re-builds from scratch would be obligated to leave a zecher l’churban.36 Since many people who buy houses from non-Jews do not renovate to the bare walls, many people do not have to make a zecher l’churban.37

One who bought a house from a Jew who did not make a zecher l’churban, is required to make one when he moves in38 if he knows that the original Jew did not buy the house from a non-Jew.39 There is a discussion in the poskim as to who makes the zecher l’churban if a Jew rents from another Jew.40

For additional information and references/sources, see:

https://www.thehalacha.com/wp-.....r.pdf

imaima

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 2:41 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
What I mean is this unpainted part of the house. We leave it uncovered. My husband takes off the paint and makes sure it’s the right dimensions (idk about that)

Anybody else do this? Or do you cover it with something?

And no idk what people do when they move out.

I don’t notice it in other chasidish homes, however.

It's only in a house that you own, not in a rented one.

imaima

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 2:43 pm
glamourmom wrote:
I'm pretty sure a poll must have the chasidish/not chasidish option for whatever you're polling about. Wink Very Happy

I am surprised they did not add the chassidish option in the thread about underwear.

Shuly

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 4:45 pm
Chareidi (not chassidishe) in Israel and pretty much everyone I know who owns their house has one either opposite the door or above the door.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics